• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Lightning

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure. Atalanta away is traditionally a tough one for Inter and they have a pretty solid squad this year.
I will be following both games. Pulling for Inter and Arsenal victories. Now that Inter have a competent manager the results will come.

Both should be great games.

Come to think of it, I'm wrong. Xbox are Real Madrid, too much money and no outcome.
That's better!

bjaelke

Sony are Manchester United (Currently we're at the PS3 era under Moyes), great history constant victories and record holders.

Liverpool are Nintendo, everyone have a soft spot for them and enjoy them except their biggest cunt (Iwata and Suarez)

Xbox is Arsenal, it looks the same clearly, I can't see the difference, Ozil will save us. They both sound the same.

You mean Sega.

bjaelke

Men’s shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013:

Gareth Bale (Wales), Edinson Cavani (Uruguay), Radamel Falcao (Colombia), Eden Hazard (Belgium), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Robert Lewandowski (Poland), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Franck Ribéry (France), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), Thiago Silva (Brazil), Yaya Touré (Côte d’Ivoire), Robin Van Persie (Netherlands), Xavi (Spain).

The following ten coaches (in alphabetical order, first nationality and then team) are in contention for the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football 2013:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain FC/Real Madrid CF), Rafael Benítez (Spain/Chelsea FC/SSC Napoli), Antonio Conte (Italy/Juventus), Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC former coach), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/FC Bayern München former coach), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Chelsea FC), Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil/Brazil national team), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).

Men’s shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013:

Gareth Bale (Wales), Edinson Cavani (Uruguay), Radamel Falcao (Colombia), Eden Hazard (Belgium), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Robert Lewandowski (Poland), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Franck Ribéry (France), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), Thiago Silva (Brazil), Yaya Touré (Côte d’Ivoire), Robin Van Persie (Netherlands), Xavi (Spain).

The following ten coaches (in alphabetical order, first nationality and then team) are in contention for the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football 2013:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain FC/Real Madrid CF), Rafael Benítez (Spain/Chelsea FC/SSC Napoli), Antonio Conte (Italy/Juventus), Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC former coach), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/FC Bayern München former coach), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Chelsea FC), Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil/Brazil national team), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).

Yaya, Xavi, and Hazard shouldn't be on there. Mata, Busquets, and Vidal should be on there. The rest of the list looks good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NO VIDAL AGAIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Handanovic back for Inter. They should be able to cruise past Atalanta tomorrow.
Inter's bogey team!

Last four results:

Inter 3 - 4 Atalanta (Denis the Menace hat-trick + Bonaventura)
Atalanta 3 - 2 Inter (Denis the Menace brace + Bonaventura)
1 - 1 (Denis goal and he missed a penalty)
0 - 0 (Denis injured)

Atalanta-Cagliari-German-Denis.jpg

But Bonaventura is out unfortunately :((

Lightning

Banned
Inter's bogey team!

Last four results:

Inter 3 - 4 Atalanta (Denis the Menace hat-trick + Bonaventura)
Atalanta 3 - 2 Inter (Denis the Menace brace + Bonaventura)
1 - 1 (Denis goal and he missed a penalty)
0 - 0 (Denis injured)

Atalanta-Cagliari-German-Denis.jpg

But Bonaventura is out unfortunately :((
Now they have the Lightning blessing so that will change. Bogey team no more! Competent manager ends bogey team.

Plasma

Banned
Sony are Manchester United (Currently we're at the PS3 era under Moyes), great history constant victories and record holders.

Liverpool are Nintendo, everyone have a soft spot for them and enjoy them except their biggest cunt (Iwata and Suarez)

Xbox is Arsenal, it looks the same clearly, I can't see the difference, Ozil will save us. They both sound the same.

Now it all makes sense.

@m8arteta said:
Great afternoon trying out the new Xbox One. Thanks @mountaindewuk #DewGameZone

Koko

Banned
Good, needs a good rest. Principino in. Should be more than enough for Catania.

Do you guys think that Marchisio has been kind of stuck at the same level for a couple of years? Not saying this a bad thing or anything, but I found curious how much progress Pogba and Vidal have made during the past seasons and I look at Marchisio and think that he hasn't reach his full potential.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you guys think that Marchisio has been kind of stuck at the same level for a couple of years? Not saying this a bad thing or anything, but I found curious how much progress Pogba and Vidal have made during the past seasons and I look at Marchisio and think that he hasn't reach his full potential.

I wouldn't say stuck at the same level as much as being 'outshone', if that's even a word.

It's no surprise that he was better than Vidal (and everyone really except for Pirlo) in our 4-3-3 two seasons ago. 3-5-2 isn't really made for him, or most of our players.

Who do you dislike more, Inter or Fiorentina? Inter looking good so far this season. CL place possible if they can keep it up.
Inter!

It's hard to hate Viola (as much as they hate us) because they aren't exactly our 'rivals'.

Edit: This shit must stop though

fiorentina-heysel1.jpeg

red-diary-35-6.jpg

http://i.(dailymail).co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/10/article-0-177904ED000005DC-123_632x410.jpg

Why do people on gaming-side act like the Xbox One and PS4 have been maxed out with BF4? Obviously we're reaching the point of diminishing returns, and we should be starting closer to the consoles' max since they're more architecturally similar to PCs than ever, but there will be PS4 games looking far superior to BF4 probably at launch, let alone in 4 or 5 year's time

GorillaJu

You have to imagine that the Xbone hate would be no where near its current levels if Microsoft hadn't tried to get away with their DRM concepts in the first place. The truth is that while the PS4 does appear to be better in pretty much every dimension as hardware, the Xbone stuff looks passable. It's just that Microsoft expressed their disdain for their primary market so bluntly and lied all the way through it. People are out for blood now.

GorillaJu

Can anyone here legitimately say that your favorite games of the generation were games with top end graphics, and that visuals were a reason you liked it?

My favorites all ran shitty or have mediocre graphics for the most part, except for TLOU. Dragon's Dogma, Journey, Binding of Isaac, Dragon's Crown, Demon's Souls, Persona 4, Gravity Daze, The Last of Us, Bayonetta, Yakuza 4, Kentucky Route 0.. not one of them, aside from TLOU, is an "eye-candy" game. I couldn't care what resolution they run in or whether or not there's aliasing, I loved them all for other reasons.

Can anyone here legitimately say that your favorite games of the generation were games with top end graphics, and that visuals were a reason you liked it?

My favorites all ran shitty or have mediocre graphics for the most part, except for TLOU. Dragon's Dogma, Journey, Binding of Isaac, Dragon's Crown, Demon's Souls, Persona 4, Gravity Daze, The Last of Us, Bayonetta, Yakuza 4, Kentucky Route 0.. not one of them, aside from TLOU, is an "eye-candy" game. I couldn't care what resolution they run in or whether or not there's aliasing, I loved them all for other reasons.

It helps that Demon's Souls has the best art style of the generation

The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 are my favourite games of the generation, and also the best looking games imo (PS3-exclusive, at least)

Uncharted 2 in particular owes a large part of its quality to the graphics

GorillaJu

It helps that Demon's Souls has the best art style of the generation

Yeah, but that's part of the point. In pretty much no circumstance do I like a game because it has the best texture quality, or the resolution is highest. I imagine most people in their late 20s, who started around the NES generation, feel the same.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

One of the reasons!

The art style is more important than high-end visuals though.

Assassins Creed 4 looks distinctly mid-last gen :s

Stiff animation, impactless combat, no attempt whatsoever to avoid clipping through vegetation

How the fuck is Mourinho shortlisted for the coaching Balon d'Or? Dismal season for Real Madrid, ended up being hated by their fans, and he's been back at Chelsea for 2 unremarkable months

bjaelke

Assassins Creed 4 looks distinctly mid-last gen :s

Stiff animation, impactless combat, no attempt whatsoever to avoid clipping through vegetation

How the fuck is Mourinho shortlisted for the coaching Balon d'Or? Dismal season for Real Madrid, ended up being hated by their fans, and he's been back at Chelsea for 2 unremarkable months

Flawless segue.

Mastadon

Banned

Couldn't agree more with this.

These comparison .gifs and dick waving about 720 or 1080p resolution is the most soul crushing, pathetic thing to witness. Is your enjoyment of a game really impaired because a guys sleeve is slightly fucking darker than it would be on the PS4?

Salazar

Capital One Cup on Setanta, which I ditched a while back.

Sigh. Will check result and watch delayed.

Happy non-Moyes-related news: thesis is basically complete. Lumped drafted sections into one doc, hit word count, got 81,000.

The journey (parallel, in many ways, to Abou Diaby's career) nears its end.

Koko

Banned
I wouldn't say stuck at the same level as much as being 'outshone', if that's even a word.

It's no surprise that he was better than Vidal (and everyone really except for Pirlo) in our 4-3-3 two seasons ago. 3-5-2 isn't really made for him, or most of our players.

I guess you're right.

Conte and his love for 3-5-2 is the best thing from Juve (aside Pogba)

Couldn't agree more with this.

These comparison .gifs and dick waving about 720 or 1080p resolution is the most soul crushing, pathetic thing to witness. Is your enjoyment of a game really impaired because a guys sleeve is slightly fucking darker than it would be on the PS4?

That's not the point really for me. Whichever system is putting out better graphics is likely to have more of a focus out on it by thrid parties during development, and will get a boost in its chances to win the generation, and will have less chance of receiving bad ports. On a game-by-game basis its a minor advantage, but if it makes the PS4 the superior system for hundreds of games, its a pretty big deal

GorillaJu

That's not the point really for me. Whichever system is putting out better graphics is likely to have more of a focus out on it by thrid parties during development, and will get a boost in its chances to win the generation, and will have less chance of receiving bad ports. On a game-by-game basis its a minor advantage, but if it makes the PS4 the superior system for hundreds of games, its a pretty big deal

Well, I'm not saying that I won't get a PS4. I will, and definitely the fact that the hardware is stronger is factoring into that, but what I really care about is that Sony has been transparent with their objectives, have focused on bringing varied software, and are, from where I stand, pushing the medium forward by giving indie devs a proper environment in which they can work and thrive. I was just examining the whole concept of putting focus on graphical minutiae where when it comes down to it, the best and most memorable gaming experiences are completely unrelated to fetishist details.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mino Raiola recently stated that he didn’t expect his client to remain at San Siro for the rest of his career and he’s now opened the door to a Chelsea future.

“Balotelli and [Chelsea boss] Jose Mourinho could be reunited because they know each other and they didn’t leave each other with hate.”

Oh baby

Mastadon

Banned

Well the 360 has generally been the system of choice for multi plats this gen, but I've played a ton of games on both systems and the difference is minute at best. If you put me in front of a screen there's no way I'd be able to tell which system it was based on the graphical performance.

Bethesda games excepted. lol.

Clegg

Slightly surprised at the good reviews AC 4 is receiving. I was going to get the game because I'm a fan of the series, but just from reading GAF impressions I expected the game to be mediocre.

Carbonox

Slightly surprised at the good reviews AC 4 is receiving. I was going to get the game because I'm a fan of the series, but just from reading GAF impressions I expected the game to be mediocre.

I'm not surprised. Everything about the game looks more appealing and an improvement over AC3. Then again, I'm also a fan of the series so I guess it's easy for me to be interested.

AC4 does look great though. Looking forward to it.

confuziz

Banned

Seems like a 20-30 euro buy to me. Not buying AC games on launch day after AC 3.

sohois

A Ubisoft game, launching for the new consoles? Of course its going to get great scores. Watch BF4 And CoD get 9s & 10s across the board as well.

Top Bottom