• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

scently

It really depends. Overall yes I think you're right, but technology changes so much over the lifespan of a console that it's hard to predict what the next big thing will be.

MS will be fine. They started the turnaround much earlier than Sony did during the PS3 launch. Quite frankly, i am impressed by the speed of the turnaround. Besides, this is MS we are talking about.

As for the whole console war stuff...its quite simply really. You know the games you want to play, you know the exclusives you are looking forward to, you know the console your friends will be getting. These should guide you on which one to get. Best case scenario, get both systems if you can afford it (that's what I am doing). Both system have games that i am looking forward to, in terms of exclusives. Multiplat goes to the system that performs better in said title ( this will probably be the PS4 for the majority of games).

The Digital Foundry issue in the gaming thread actually made me mad.

I won't be surprise if some of those fuckers will die alone. How the fuck are you going to handle a trust issue in a relationship if something like the Digital Foundry botch up is a conspiracy? What the hell?

Zabojnik

Do you guys think that Marchisio has been kind of stuck at the same level for a couple of years? Not saying this a bad thing or anything, but I found curious how much progress Pogba and Vidal have made during the past seasons and I look at Marchisio and think that he hasn't reach his full potential.

I wouldn't say stuck at the same level as much as being 'outshone', if that's even a word.

It's no surprise that he was better than Vidal (and everyone really except for Pirlo) in our 4-3-3 two seasons ago. 3-5-2 isn't really made for him, or most of our players.

Pretty much. I think he reached his full potential two seasons ago and has been playing at about 70% for the past year. Mostly due to the switch to 3-5-2, which doesn't really suit him. Conte pls.

The bad news: we'll play with Abate-Zaccardo-Zapata-De Sciglio tomorrow vs Lazio.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Should be enough for the current Lazio, honestly. Although with Klose and Hernanes back ...

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just took a double shot of Bacardi 151 to help me sleep, can't. Contemplating smoking a bowl. Too excited for the Miami Heat season opener that I'll be attending tonight. Now I know what it feels like for a local supporter of a massive club opening their season, with all the championships bells and whistles to boot.

panty

The Digital Foundry issue in the gaming thread actually made me mad.

I won't be surprise if some of those fuckers will die alone. How the fuck are you going to handle a trust issue in a relationship if something like the Digital Foundry botch up is a conspiracy? What the hell?

It's no secret they have bowed to MS before. Also admitting after it went public the capture was botched.

f5UpZiN.png

hWo2MEG.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just took a double shot of Bacardi 151 to help me sleep, can't. Contemplating smoking a bowl. Too excited for the Miami Heat season opener that I'll be attending tonight. Now I know what it feels like for a local supporter of a massive club opening their season, with all the championships bells and whistles to boot.
Fuck the Heat

With Fletcher's dick

Why don't you get one of those crappy third party controllers? Since I'm assuming you won't be using a PS3 for much longer anyways

I won't buy a PS4 until next year, probably around Christmas. I've a few third party controllers for PS2 and usually they're utter crap, after 5 minutes they don't feel right and break easily.
I found a DualShock 3 on eBay, 30 euros incl. shipping. I might bite, considering there still are a few games that I want to play on PS3 (TLOU, MGSV, 100% GTAV, Rising, the GoW trilogy just to name a few).
Should be enough for the current Lazio, honestly. Although with Klose and Hernanes back ...
Zaccardo was dreadful against Celtic, I can't trust him with any Lazio side.

Can anyone here legitimately say that your favorite games of the generation were games with top end graphics, and that visuals were a reason you liked it?

A reason I liked it? Sure, there has been quite a few. Purely that reason? No. But really competitive multiplayer games is a whole other matter for me, in some singleplayer games I can do with bad framerates here and there, even terrible sometimes (GTAV) but with a competive shooter that would be extremely frustrating to not have a smooth high frame rate, high res so I can more easily see stuff and more anti aliasing as that just annoys me in any game.

What is up with gaf hating on everything these days?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705997

Well... It's eminem.

kharma45

FM14 getting some favourable reviews

Of course it is, best game ever again.

You scored 24 out of a possible 60

Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand. You've got some work to do. Start of with a video of the 1991 European Cup final between Red Star Belgrade and Marseille and work from there.

You scored 39 out of a possible 60

Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom

I really don't know how to feel about this.

Mastadon

Banned
You scored 47 out of a possible 60

CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
You scored 40 out of a possible 60

Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom

Well, I do use a 4-3-3 attack in FIFA/PES and South American attacking play has always been my favorite footballing style.

sohois

You scored 46 out of a possible 60

CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!

...sweet?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
35/60

: we'll play with Abate-Zaccardo-Zapata-De Sciglio tomorrow vs Lazio.

Baresi wept

Hell, even Mexes wept.

Splatt

Of course it is, best game ever again.

You scored 24 out of a possible 60

Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand. You've got some work to do. Start of with a video of the 1991 European Cup final between Red Star Belgrade and Marseille and work from there.

Fuck Red Star.

35/60

Baresi wept

Hell, even Mexes wept.
Allegri should put Tassotti in and take out both Zapata and Zaccardo.

GorillaJu

You scored 43 out of a possible 60

Just had the pleasure of reading the BF4 comparison thread. Have to say, I really don't see a great deal of difference. Yeah, if you look for it disparity it's there. But to the levels some people are making it out in that thread? No way.

As someone getting an Xbox One, I just can't be upset about the difference between XBO and PS4.
This.

Edit: Also, as somebody who primarily played BF3 on 360 but had it on PC also. You always know what you're missing on console anyway. I don't think the negligible difference between the two console versions could ever be enough to get me upset.

kharma45

Footy gaf, I'm weak. Just bought Ass Creed 4. This will be my last current gen game.

It seems to be getting good scores, probably worth it.

I'm starting AC3 now just to see if it's as bad as everyone said. Bound to be worth the £6 I paid for it, plus coming from just finishing Dead Space 3 anything will be an improvement.

Linius

It seems to be getting good scores, probably worth it.

I'm starting AC3 now just to see if it's as bad as everyone said. Bound to be worth the £6 I paid for it, plus coming from just finishing Dead Space 3 anything will be an improvement.

Seriously, the backlash is overreacted. I played ACIII during the release periode and even on Gaf most people playing it at that time weren't so critical about it. It has it's flaws obviously but overall it's just a fine game. Too bad Connor is such an uninteresting twat.

Linius

Planning on finishing Pokémon Y this week. Then at least the storyline is done, I'll see how many more hours I'll put into it with catching and training.

Then there's Bioshock Infinite, DKC: Returns 3D and Dream Team Bros. waiting for me. Meanwhile I also play GTA Online and my daily 15 minutes of New Leaf. And I'm thinking about picking up Black Flag. Oh gaming.

Carbonox

Seriously, the backlash is overreacted. I played ACIII during the release periode and even on Gaf most people playing it at that time weren't so critical about it. It has it's flaws obviously but overall it's just a fine game. Too bad Connor is such an uninteresting twat.

Connor is a terribad character. Best fighting style in the series though. So fucking satisfying hacking enemies down with the tomahawk.

I loved AC3 way more playing throught it again a couple of months ago than I did during the hype phase last year. Loved it enough to Platinum it.

Overreaction is an understatement where the plebs on gaming side are concerned. "one of the worst games ever made" is the shit I expect a 10 year old to say on GameFAQs.

Top Bottom