• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ibg6n2qerJw7mA.gif

I hope they fix this in the next FIFA

pulga

Banned
If something should happen to me today, know that I love you, cockmunchers

Yes even you, you senile old bitter man

Hixx

David Vaughan has signed for Forest on loan until January.

He is shit so I'm ok with this. Scored a few cracking goals but in general he is awful.

L1NETT

Forest sort have a best of the rest prem side now.

Jamie mackie, fatty Reid, miller, Lansbury, jara, cox, lichaj.

Still gonna choke and not go up i reckon.

Suen

My prediction is your season will follow last year's trajectory. Which means Allegri is staying until summer, but the good news is you should see things start improving pretty soon. Kaka is back, De Sciglio too, Rami and Honda are on their way to Italy. As soon as the walking disaster that is the current Zapata gets dopped, Milan will soar. Believe, Frank. Credici.

Looks like it.

That would be a very sensible thing for him to do and would likely put his career back on the right track. Hopefully he'll be able to swallow his pride, so to say. Speaking of Parma, I expect we'll be dropping points against you guys again this year. We failed to take 3 at the Tardini last year and the year before that and with some pretty big games around the corner ... Yeah. Quaglia will start 100%, btw. Conte pretty much confirmed it yesterday after the match. Looks like he's fully fit again, no news on Vucinic and Licht yet. Swiss train, pls. I don't want us to start Isla ever again.

We need somebody capable to control Balo and get him back on track. Yesterday was horrible once again, and if one of our best players (definitely the best one of the strikers) doesn't even try we're going to have a hard time until June. At this point, even Trapattoni would be fine, just get him on board and reach an EL spot.

This team is missing the legends that helped us winning the last scudetto: Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Inzaghi and, I hate to say it, Seedorf just to name a few. They were helpful both on and off the pitch, in one summer we bought three dickheads (Ibra, Boa, Binho) and another one in January (Cassano), yet somehow everything went smoothly and we actually won something. Now there are a few players like those and mostly haven't been with Milan for a long time (except for Abbiati, Abate and Kakà) and don't look like they can handle the rest of the team and help Allegri.

We didn't concede three goals, that's for sure.

iChFt9323KrgU.jpg

Are you sure? He's out of shape and probably won't play like he used to until January. I'd buy somebody else to be honest.

*Raises hand*
Probably around Christmas though.
The problem is that we're in dire need of a good striker (preferrably young). Over half the time we get passes and crosses inside the penalty box but no one is there to receive them. Furthermore Cassano is and should be our creative player but if he has no movement in front of him he becomes useless in his natural position. He's created plenty of chances when he played as a second striker but there's been no one there to receive the balls from him. We also need someone who can partner up with Cassano. These latest games we've played with Cassano up front, and he is playing together with Amauri who's useless. We need a good player next to Cassano for more support. I still believe that you'd get the best of Cassano if you put him behind a striker, not next to him. Cassano should link up with attack, not be all way up with the attack. Personally I'd go with something like this:

DF
MF
Sansone/Biabiany - Cassano
Destro

We could also try:

Sansone/Biabiany/Palladino - Cassano
Sansone/Biabiany - Destro

Although I'm not sure how well that would work out for Destro. I'd also prefer to see Sansone and Biabiany before Palladino if they play next to Cassano. Biabiany is a good player and Sansone is our most promising player, he's someone who needs much more time to play but Donadoni does not like young players. Besides, Palladino plays better as a winger so that's another reason why you wouldn't want to put him next to Cassano. He'd still be a decent back up, especially when rotating players or during injuries. You could also do something crazy like this:

Sansone - Cassano
Palladino - Destro - Biabiany

That's overly offensive so I don't think it would be good against stronger teams.

Zabo I'm not sure how well we'll do against you. If Donadoni starts with Amauri then that's like playing with 10 men already. We're lucky you're missing some key players tbh but our defense is among the worst in Serie A and overall I think that it and our midfield is a mess. I feel there's like zero communication between them and personally think there's far more mistakes between defense and midfield than what there is between midfield and attack. We're still missing Paletta who'd otherwise be a huge boost for our defense and Bena rarely gets to start even though he does just as a good job as our other defenders (and often even better). Even IF we win it means nothing, our away-record is horrible as usual. If we can't even beat small teams away then it doesn't matter if we beat big teams at home. I'd say we are looking slightly better away this season compared to last season but that's not saying much.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce an agreement to sign Bertrand Traore.

The 18-year-old has agreed a four-and-a-half year contract.

Traore, joining from Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso, is a full international for Burkina Faso having made his debut in September 2011 a few days before his 16th birthday, and he made one substitute appearance at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations. He has 10 international caps and has scored once ahead of next month's World Cup qualification play-offs in Africa in which Burkina Faso face Algeria.

In 2011 he helped his nation win the Africa Under-17s championship.

An attacking midfielder, Traore was taken as a trialist on Chelsea's tour of Asia in the summer and played a part in all three games, scoring in Malaysia and in Indonesia.

FUCK YEAH! This guy looks amazing. He was so good in pre-season and I was worried someone might steal him from us.

Yeah I don't get the hype over Titanfall, think it looks pretty shit.

Destiny looks glorious.

Playing Titanfall at Eurogamer was amazing. It is so much fucking fun. I don't really enjoy FPS games anymore but I had so much fun that I need this game!

Oxx

People might assume I'm wearing orange and black as part of a half-arsed Halloween costume, but I really wear it all the time.

FUCK YEAH! This guy looks amazing. He was so good in pre-season and I was worried someone might steal him from us.

Playing Titanfall at Eurogamer was amazing. It is so much fucking fun. I don't really enjoy FPS games anymore but I had so much fun that I need this game!

Titanfall on PC will be rad. That game needs to be played on kb/m imo. So fast pased and needs sharp turns whilst moving fast. Looks like a new-age Quake 3.

Linius

People might assume I'm wearing orange and black as part of a half-arsed Halloween costume, but I really wear it all the time.

If people start complementing you on your Halloween outfit you should take a class in fashion with Arnie.

Will do as soon as I get more time! Hope you guys will have lots of fun games!

Had a few great games with Wes, Bacon and Spokeeh or something like that, don't remember who he is on GAF but had him on my friendlist so I should know, yesterday... Then it started crashing again, aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Linius

Wow, I just read about the news that there will be an How I Met Your Mother spinoff. Different cast but set in the same bar. Like they didn't drag down that show enough already.

Top Bottom