• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Suen

PSG are playing tomorrow. So you're right about quality football will be on tomorrow.

No one cares about some shitty porto team that's 3rd in that 1 team league.
:looooool last post I read before going to sleep. Thanks Timu, night footy-gaf.

bjaelke

PSG are playing tomorrow. So you're right about quality football will be on tomorrow.

At least they'll actually be playing in 3 weeks time
right?
unlike those lazy French people who can't afford to pay their taxes.

PSG is that hobo that hangs outside of a fancy restaurant, waiting for the leftovers of the dinner Benfica just had.

you do have one trophy we never managed to win, the Ligue 2 one. wish i could say i sympathize, but Benfica's never been relegated, so...

United never have these types of videos.

ibkIFSTF3C5Rsa.gif

Elchele

Got rejected by beautifulpeople, sometimes I was in, sometimes I was out. The "Absolutely not" were specially hurting. I think I got 1 Beautiful, a bunch of "hmmmm ok" and a bit more bunch of "No".

Worst day

FootballFan

Got rejected by beautifulpeople, sometimes I was in, sometimes I was out. The "Absolutely not" were specially hurting. I think I got 1 Beautiful, a bunch of "hmmmm ok" and a bit more bunch of "No".

Worst day

Don't forget what I told you last time :')

lol they probably saw your interests and foods you like and automatically said "no". :p

valeo

Worst day

Do you look like Franck Ribery?

Some social site where every you have to go through an application process. People vote on whether you're beautiful enough to join the site.

stunning idea, they must make loads of money. why can't i ever come with ideas like this?

i should start a dog mating site. put ads like "male Bulldog seeks female Bulldog for mating. well spoken, stable job, is a good boy".

Elchele

Beautiful people is lame anyway. Don't let it get to you.

yeah, the site looked boring as hell. The only good part is the admission process expectation.

I had a shitty day and getting rejected by some old cunt was like the icing on the cake (think I'm using it right)

faridmon

Lol at Beautiful People. Didn't know something like that actually existed.
Maybe I should apply just to see whats up
and shatter my confidence in the process

Such a lame idea yet brilliant at the same time.

Lol, can't stop laughing.

EDIT: Your Photo must be clear and you should not wear glasses. LOooooooooooooooooooooool

Dibbz

Someone should make a profile with a CG character as the image on beautifulpeople. Or just copy the Ezio profile from PoF.

uLWsg.jpg

Lightning

Banned
lol.

But honestly I think it's pretty hard to pick a winner between the two teams. Where is the game being played? Emirates?
The Emirates.

We have the better squad and it's hard to see Arsenal losing. A draw at absolute worst or a win for Arsenal is pretty much the only way this game can go.

Lightning

Banned
Better first eleven, not so much on the bench.
Only because we have injured players though. Chamberlain, Podolski, Walcott.

Arsenal's full squad looks like this:

Szczesny
Gibbs, Kos, Merte, Sagna
Flamini, Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs: Flappy, Monreal, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Gnabry, Rosciky, Podolski, Chamberlain, Bendtner

That lot of players is better than what Liverpool have to offer.

Just hampered by injuries for the next 2 weeks until the next lot of injuries happen but our squad is definitely better, imo.

Mastadon

Banned
Only because we have injured players though. Chamberlain, Podolski, Walcott.

Arsenal's full squad looks like this:

Szczesny
Gibbs, Kos, Merte, Sagna
Flamini, Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs: Flappy, Monreal, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Gnabry, Rosciky, Podolski, Chamberlain, Bendtner

That lot of players is better than what Liverpool have to offer.

Just hampered by injuries for the next 2 weeks until the next lot of injuries happen but our squad is definitely better, imo.

I think your first eleven is better, but not by any great distance. If you're comparing players who would start for the other team, then I'd suggest that Mignolet, Johnson, Lucas, Sturridge and Suarez would make it in to your first team. Potentially Sakho or Agger too (although Merte has looked solid this year).

Like I said, you're definitely favourites but it's not as cut and dry as you make out. Do you really believe that it's impossible for Liverpool to win tomorrow?

My money's on a score draw.

Lightning

Banned
I think your first eleven is better, but not by any great distance. If you're comparing players who would start for the other team, then I'd suggest that Mignolet, Johnson, Lucas, Sturridge and Suarez would make it in to your first team. Potentially Sakho or Agger too (although Merte has looked solid this year).

Like I said, you're definitely favourites but it's not as cut and dry as you make out. Do you really believe that it's impossible for Liverpool to win tomorrow?

My money's on a score draw.
You would play Johnson over Sagna? No way. Where is Lucas playing? No where in the Arsenal team. And Giroud over Struddige for me. No WAY Agger or Sakho get in over Mertesacker. No way in hell.

Mignolet and Suarez yes, the rest no for me. Although Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho would be okay for our bench I guess.

And it's a game of football, it can go either way regardless of who's the better team. It's not impossible for Liverpool to win but in my opinion it's very unlikely, an Arsenal win or a draw seem much more probable. It would also be 3 home defeats in a row should we lose! Fuck that shit.

Mastadon

Banned
You would play Johnson over Sagna? No way. Where is Lucas playing? No where in the Arsenal team. And Giroud over Struddige for me. No WAY Agger or Sakho get in over Mertesacker. No way in hell.

Mignolet and Suarez yes, the rest no for me. Although Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho would be okay for our bench I guess.

And it's a game of football, it can go either way regardless of who's the better team It's not impossible for Liverpool to win but in my opinion it's very unlikely, an Arsenal win or a draw seem much more probable. It would also be 3 home defeats in a row should we lose! Fuck that shit.

Based on current form, Johnson is streets ahead of Sagna.

Johnson averages 3.4 key tackle a game compared to Sagna's 0.9. He has more interceptions, and provides more key passes per game. He offers far more in both attack and defence than Sagna for my money.

Similarly, Lucas averages 5.3 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, which is mind blowing really. He remains the most underrated DM in the league, and I'd have him ahead of Flamini any day.

Giroud over Sturridge is a joke. Not even going to get in to that.

GorillaJu

And it's a game of football, it can go either way regardless of who's the better team. It's not impossible for Liverpool to win but in my opinion it's very unlikely, an Arsenal win or a draw seem much more probable. It would also be 3 home defeats in a row should we lose! Fuck that shit.

I hope my pro-Liverpool posts don't sound like this.

Top Bottom