• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Although Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho would be okay for our bench I guess.

Ice-Cube-Confused-With-A-Brainless-Stare.gif

Lightningicare.

Lightning

Banned
Based on current form, Johnson is streets ahead of Sagna.

Johnson averages 3.4 key tackle a game compared to Sagna's 0.9. He has more interceptions, and provides more key passes per game. He offers far more in both attack and defence than Sagna for my money.

Similarly, Lucas averages 5.3 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, which is mind blowing really. He remains the most underrated DM in the league, and I'd have him ahead of Flamini any day.

Giroud over Sturridge is a joke. Not even going to get in to that.
It's more about combinations and leadership though and Sagna is a reliable performer. For the most part makes very good decisions and is reliable. Also has an excellent understanding with Merte.

Flamini has been outstanding. He provides great cover for the back 4 and allows our attacking midfielders to do their thing without concern. Flamini is excellent at what he does.

The Giroud/Sturridge argument is moot because Suarez would play striker with Ozil in behind him and Walcott/Cazorla on the wings so neither Sturridge would start. I prefer Giroud because he holds the ball up well, not selfish, and Struddige being ex Chelsea means I just don't like him.

Those are not pro-Arsenal posts. It's someone greatly descending into madness from the reality of the situation.

I can't fathom what a lose would do to him.
There's going to be some humble pie for you lot when we win for underrating our team.

Barzul

Only because we have injured players though. Chamberlain, Podolski, Walcott.

Arsenal's full squad looks like this:

Szczesny
Gibbs, Kos, Merte, Sagna
Flamini, Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs: Flappy, Monreal, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Gnabry, Rosciky, Podolski, Chamberlain, Bendtner

That lot of players is better than what Liverpool have to offer.

Just hampered by injuries for the next 2 weeks until the next lot of injuries happen but our squad is definitely better, imo.

Real shit Lightning. Can't wait for the weekend.

I think Arsenal do have the better squad, but Suarez and Sturridge are in great form and look really scary together. Suarez is the best striker in the league by far.

Carbonox

How I Met Your Father is going to be the worst piece of television of all time

Yup.

How I Met Your Mother is tolerable at times but Ted is the worst character ever conjured up for TV. I want to reach in to the TV and deck him with a tin of green giant.

--

Pfft, I got paid last week. Bitches please.

Where are people preordering Destiny? I might just go and do so on Amazon even though it's 55 squid.

Did it on Sainsburys when we had a 20% discount. Unfortunately the console preorders were out of stock at that point :(

pctVxr1.jpg

Got Killzone preordered on my brother's account since he owed me £45 anyway

Expensive, these console launches. Never been there on day 1 before (got a feeling the PS4 won't be here day 1 though)

Carbonox

Did it on Sainsburys when we had a 20% discount. Unfortunately the console preorders were out of stock at that point :(

pctVxr1.jpg

Got Killzone preordered on my brother's account since he owed me £45 anyway

Expensive, these console launches. Never been there on day 1 before (got a feeling the PS4 won't be here day 1 though)

Motherfucker.

dem prices

I'm not buying into getting a game for its graphics, as much as I want to. Killzone looks like a snooze fest to me for some reason.

Good thing they'll have the free weekend after launch.

Might just put that money towards Tearaway, hopefully it's good.

AS Roma yesterday made history!! We have defeated Chievo 1-0 and extended our winning run to 10 matches from the start of the Serie A season.

No one other club in the history of Italian Serie A had broken this record!

FORZA ROMA!!

998305_743798808981252_2106728885_n.jpg

482400_581274268600058_893467477_n.jpg

AS Roma yesterday made history!! We have defeated Chievo 1-0 and extended our winning run to 10 matches from the start of the Serie A season.

No one other club in the history of Italian Serie A had broken this record!

FORZA ROMA!!

998305_743798808981252_2106728885_n.jpg

482400_581274268600058_893467477_n.jpg

I'd want you to win the league if it wasn't for my portly Spaniard :p

Great to see though, what were your expectations before the season began? Especially for your defense, after losing Marqinhos and conceding so many last season. 1 goal conceded after 10 matches is miraculous

I'd want you to win the league if it wasn't for my portly Spaniard :p

Great to see though, what were your expectations before the season began? Especially for your defense, after losing Marqinhos and conceding so many last season. 1 goal conceded after 10 matches is miraculous

After the debacle of 26 may (italian cup lost against Lazio) and after having lost Marquinhos, Lamela and Osvaldo we were angry with the dirigence and players....i Think no one in Rome could imagine to be at this point, we as Roma supporters are the first to be surprised by the incredible tactical organization, by the hunger that players have during the match. Garcia the new coach is probably the first cause for this fantastic winning streak, he has a keen insight into the dynamics of his squad—which players function best in certain situations, which are required to get a result against a particular opponent.

So let's hope to win again against Torino on sunday :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
After the debacle of 26 may (italian cup lost against Lazio) and after having lost Marquinhos, Lamela and Osvaldo we were angry with the dirigence and players....i Think no one in Rome could imagine to be at this point, we as Roma supporters are the first to be surprised by the incredible tactical organization, by the hunger that players have during the match. Garcia the new coach is probably the first cause for this fantastic winning streak, he has a keen insight into the dynamics of his squad—which players function best in certain situations, which are required to get a result against a particular opponent.

Torino are shit, no worries there.
KuGsj.gif

Let's hope so, for the Tishit lols :p

All this eSRAM vs GDDR5 stuff is really interesting to me. Weird how Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot, after such a strong showing with the 360.

Top Bottom