• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Marc

Why is Gerard immune to being sub out if he isn't playing well? Someone please explain that crap to me. Every other player gets subbed when they aren't playing well but Gerard. Getting annoying now.

Because he is bullet proof, never gets criticism no matter what. Can you name a single moment where Sky commentators criticized him?

Hell, they literally did a tactics watch of how huge a gap there was for Cazorla. And they concluded Flanno and Lucas were at fault depsite already covering men. While Gerrard is on his own off to the left where Cazorla ran off from him...

Which means a managers head is on the block if they drop such a player. It is why Hart has lasted so long, when its obvious when he is playing badly, only got slaughtered by the media against Chelsea so the manager then had the ammunition to drop him.

Fair play really. Better team won.

Need a top midfielder in January. Gerrard really needs to at least be rotated a bit. Eh. Hopefully Allen's good to be in contention for a starting place soon.

Giroud was totally ineffective today. Without pace on the flanks, he seems totally unable to score. Like half of his goals have been some kind of short, quick cross on the counter from Theo. Gonna have to do better than that against Dortmund and United.

He was wasteful, but certainly not ineffective. Everything that went up there stuck to him, impressive considering they tried to get their midfield to shut him down very early each time.

pulga

Banned
Fair play really. Better team won.

Need a top midfielder in January. Gerrard really needs to at least be rotated a bit. Eh. Hopefully Allen's good to be in contention for a starting place soon.

Gerrard needs to go the way of Raul and Del Piero, LiverpoolGAF.

It's heartbreaking when it happens, but it's for the good of the team ;_;

sohois

If we had Baines, it'd be such a good setup. We don't though. We have a really good attacking right back, a good balanced rightback and 2 mediocre leftbacks

Want Agger back in the team, someone comfortable both passing and running out of the backline

Enrique is a fine player, you've clearly been addled by Cissokho. Would have cut out the cross for the first goal no problem. People just struggle to notice things that aren't there - namely the fact that attacks rarely work from the left side with Enrique there. Who gives a fuck if his attacking leaves a lot to be desired, he is still a defender first and foremost.

Do people still not think arsenal are title contenders.

I know it's early, but they look proper good And for me have the best midfield in the league. Only questions is the strength of the squad.
They certainly are, have to be.

But as you allude to, it could all fall apart very very easily.

Fuck Allegri. Fuck this stupid motherfucker.

Milan: Gabriel; Abate, Zaccardo, Zapata, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kaka, Balotelli, Birsa

Constant, Birsa, Muntari.

We are gonna get fucked by Fiore. This is a must-win for us though.

Walshy

Gerrard needs to go the way of Raul and Del Piero, LiverpoolGAF.

It's heartbreaking when it happens, but it's for the good of the team ;_;
I can't see him at another club. He needs to be rotated more though.

Enrique is a fine player, you've clearly been addled by Cissokho. Would have cut out the cross for the first goal no problem. People just struggle to notice things that aren't there - namely the fact that attacks rarely work from the left side with Enrique there. Who gives a fuck if his attacking leaves a lot to be desired, he is still a defender first and foremost.
Enrique is awful defensively though.

Suen

Our away form is better than our home form. I think we will draw. Well, we really need a result of some kind, anyways, because I'm not sure how the points will add up otherwise.
We really should win our game against Dortmund. Napoli are very likely to win against Marseille which will put them on 9 points. If we lose against Dortmund they will be on nine points as well while we trail behind on 6. Now our next games is away against Napoli (tough game) and Marseille at home and Dortmund will still have one game against Marseille left (3 points there) so we really shouldn't put ourselves in that situation. Draw against Dortmund is not the end of our CL adventure but then we need to absolutely win against Napoli and who says we can win in Naples this year?

Lightning

Banned
We're not title contenders.

An injury to Mertesacker or Koscielny and we'll drop like a rock. Ditto with Giroud.
I don't think we'll drop as fast as you think. We would find things much harder though but we possibly have Flamini and Walcott back for United.

Against the top teams we would struggle without Merte and Kos but I think we would still beat midtable teams with Vermaelen playing. Walcott and Podolski can replace Giroud for a period if necessary. He's good but not that good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Theoretically we wouldn't need the box to box imo. The head of the 3 CMs would not need to get all that close to our own box, with 2 CMs, 3 CBs and 2 WBs doing the bulk of the defending.
You do with Zombie-Gerrard.

Vidal literally runs for Pirlo sometimes

Muntari wasn't good enough for Sunderland, wasn't even good enough for Inter. And yet Allegri insists on starting him over a player who is widely considered our second best midfielder this year (Poli).

I just don't understand. It's almost as if he is trolling Berlucunt to sack him.

pulga

Banned

He'll be banging hot aussie broads and slamming shrimps on the barbie with Ale or whatever those backwards fucks call it and you'll be happy for him

Because he is bullet proof, never gets criticism no matter what. Can you name a single moment where Sky commentators criticized him?

Hell, they literally did a tactics watch of how huge a gap there was for Cazorla. And they concluded Flanno and Lucas were at fault depsite already covering men. While Gerrard is on his own off to the left where Cazorla ran off from him...

Which means a managers head is on the block if they drop such a player. It is why Hart has lasted so long, when its obvious when he is playing badly, only got slaughtered by the media against Chelsea so the manager then had the ammunition to drop him.

I heard the commentators blaming Flanno and Lucas and that is why I asked the question. People don't seem to ignore the fact that Lucas does a lot of running in that game due to the fact he seem to be doing double the work, his and Gerard's. Ridiculous.

Has anyone read Fergie's autobiography?

Sorry but I'm allergic to garbage.

sohois

Bullshit, he's stronger, faster than anyone he faces, players just can't get crosses in against him. Only ever seen 2 wingers give him a hard time, Nathan Dyer for some reason and Antonio Valencia when he was in top form.

--

I think it's a little silly to say that Arsenal are not title contenders because of possible injuries to Giroud or Mertesacker, any team would drop heavily when you take away their best players, even Chelsea or City would be considerably weaker without 2 of their best.

Scum

Do you know what I find so fucking dangerous about Arsenal right now?

It's less - "Trololololo! we am awesome! we will win everything!!!!1111!1"...
...and more - "Sure. Why not? Sounds like fun. We'll have a go."

:eek:

feel

ilL99mdk8yvo3.gif

Suen

Ronaldo shooting to the birds and Benz, who should have scored, slowed down the entire play instead, what a pos.

Linius

We're playing like shit the past few weeks. Vitesse didn't deserve a win tonight but maybe it's for the better. Things need to change.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte "Fabio’s shot was incredible. Don’t tell him that, though, as he’ll also start trying his luck from the halfway line!"

Cunte why so funny ♥

--

I think it's a little silly to say that Arsenal are not title contenders because of possible injuries to Giroud or Mertesacker, any team would drop heavily when you take away their best players, even Chelsea or City would be considerably weaker without 2 of their best.
They would but Arsenal's replacement are IMO a couple of levels down on those that the other teams have.

I think a bigger problem than the defenders might even be Giroud, the back up is bloody Bentdner...

But yeah for now they're plain sailing and Wilshere and Walcott aren't even in the team.

Top Bottom