• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Dortmund will be able to bring in a decent I striker who isn't cup tied in January, so if they get to the group stage, I don't see any scenario where they sell Lewa.
If they get enough money they will sell. They lose him for free if they don't, should the right price come they will make do but not to Bayern though.

kharma45

Lol

I remember SAF saying he would play as a CM. Seems like he's excelled in a #9/#10 position. Wonder if he'll stick to that position from now on. Didn't seem all that at CM from the very little I saw of him.

We need to find a decent CM. Moyes get Cabaye pls.

We'll destroy him like we did Anderfat.

Never know I guess, he could be a good CM but I'd doubt it, doesn't have enough defensively in his locker.

Have you got a minute to discuss PC business?

Sure.

Elchele

If they get enough money they will sell. They lose him for free if they don't, should the right price come they will make do but not to Bayern though.

I don't think Dortmund will be able to bring in a decent striker who isn't cup tied in January, so if they get to the group stage, I don't see any scenario where they sell Lewa.

What in the fuck are you guys talking about? :lol

Timurid

enhanced-buzz-4382-1383344432-6.jpg

:lol

He's playing, that's the important thing and seems like everything goes through him.

Should all stand him in good stead. Never been convinced he's a CM anyway.

Lol

I remember SAF saying he would play as a CM. Seems like he's excelled in a #9/#10 position. Wonder if he'll stick to that position from now on. Didn't seem all that at CM from the very little I saw of him.

We need to find a decent CM. Moyes get Cabaye pls.

I don't know what the fuck he's going to be. He's naturally an attacking midfielder in the Rooney mold. SAF bought him with the idea of converting him into a cm. In the reserves he spent some time as a striker. With Wigan he's played as a striker, but the last 2-3 games is back to playing as a CAM.

Januzaj is the future no. 10.

wat do

Problem with Benteke is, although he's young and potentially brilliant, he's just like Giroud really. We also got TGSTEL, but you know...

As I said before, someone in the mold of Hernandez would be excellent, just a pure goal poacher, someone to finish off all the chances we create. I don't know who is out there that can fit that mold.

3Sixty

Problem with Benteke is, although he's young and potentially brilliant, he's just like Giroud really. We also got TGSTEL, but you know...

As I said before, someone in the mold of Hernandez would be excellent, just a pure goal poacher, someone to finish off all the chances we create. I don't know who is out there that can fit that mold.

Billy Sharp.

Suen

Ratted someone out on gaming side and they didn't get banned.

Still need more lessons from Omiee.
You fool, you start out your practice by getting people you don't like on footy GAF banned, then you can easily get anyone else in the forum banned. Kinda like how FF practice his skills by getting Madrid-GAF banned with Panty being his latest victim.

Meier

Is it better to throw away your chance at winning the Champions League to make some cash now? Even just another round's TV revenue is worth the risk.

faridmon

I really wanna taste the feeling of looking down on everyone from as high as the 2nd place in the league tomorrow.

Don't disappoint me Everton.

You fool, you start out your practice by getting people you don't like on footy GAF banned, then you can easily get anyone else in the forum banned. Kinda like how FF practice his skills by getting Madrid-GAF banned with Panty being his latest victim.

Tbf Panty was pretty easy. Still impressed by how he got Pulga banned so many times though.

Bumhead

Banned
Everton seem a very good bet to win tomorrow, but there are so many people saying the same thing that it wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham did. It's almost like a worst kept secret that'll go wrong.

Eh, will probably stick something on them.

Lightning

Banned
I really wanna taste the feeling of looking down on everyone from as high as the 2nd place in the league tomorrow.

Don't disappoint me Everton.
Don't disappoint indeed. Destroy spurs and leap above Liverpool with this great chance we've handed you.

I so want an Everton victory. Getting tired of Spurs lucky wins, they are due an asskicking they so rightly deserve.

Timurid

Joe Kinnear thought he had spotted a special talent on a scouting trip to Birmingham – only to be told he was ­already a NEWCASTLE player, writes Alan Oliver in the Sunday People.

Toon director of football Kinnear raved to City chiefs about midfielder Shane Ferguson during the club’s Capital One Cup tie against Swansea in September. But when he asked about signing him, Brum bosses thought he was winding them up – because Ferguson is on loan at St Andrews from Newcastle until the end of the season.

Newcastle chiefs and manager Alan Pardew, who saw his side beat Chelsea 2-0 yesterday, were said not to be aware of Kinnear’s blunder.

A City source told Sunday People Sport: “Ferguson had a particularly good game that night and Joe Kinnear told one of our officials he was interested in signing him.

“At first our guy thought he was joking but then he realised Kinnear did not know Ferguson was already a Newcastle player.”

The 22-year-old, who can play in midfield or at full-back, signed a five-year contract with Newcastle in 2011 but spent three months on loan at Birmingham last season.
:lol :lol :lol

faridmon

Everton seem a very good bet to win tomorrow, but there are so many people saying the same thing that it wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham did. It's almost like a worst kept secret that'll go wrong.

Eh, will probably stick something on them.

If its makes you a bit more surer, We have only lost once against them in the last 12 meeting between us, and beat them at home in the last 7 games they visited Goodison Park.

But again, We don't have Moyes anymore, so take it as you will.

faridmon

Don't disappoint indeed. Destroy spurs and leap above Liverpool with this great chance we've handed you.

I so want an Everton victory. Getting tired of Spurs lucky wins, they are due an asskicking they so rightly deserve.

I am really feeling anxiously that we are jinxing our chances tomorrow, but fuck it;

We are going to make a statement and beat the Spurs tomorrow.

Spurs, may the dubious Penalty giver of a god smile on you tomorrow, because we mean business.

Showaddy

All I can hope for tomorrow as a Spurs fan is for Sandro to mark Lakaku out of the game like he did Benteke otherwise Dawson & Chiriches will be a couple of thin, vaguely mediocre white smears on the turf.

Showaddy

Also Mirallas is pretty worrying for us seeing as Vertonghen is playing left-back and he is:

a) Pretty slow and b) Played 120 minutes on Wednesday...

Meier

Juan Fernando Quintero is a beast in FM14. I have Viktor Fischer as an AML, Quintero as my AMC and Yordy Reyna as my AMR. Jackson up front managed 86 goals in all comps in his first two seasons with me.

Dibbz

If its makes you a bit more surer, We have only lost once against them in the last 12 meeting between us, and beat them at home in the last 7 games they visited Goodison Park.

But again, We don't have Moyes anymore, so take it as you will.

If anything Moyes was holding you guys back.

Slizz

Loved getting banned almost 12 hours after my initial post and 11 hrs and 54 minutes since I edited that OP.

ibtC5LFItM0K9B.gif
ibtC5LFItM0K9B.gif
ibtC5LFItM0K9B.gif

ipMcWVvynCTKF.gif

ibuAWrswN6HMhh.gif

i7VXQKNq3qqlg.gif

United....

Lolerpool

@Meier Fairplay to FSU tonight, our best RB is likely out for the season but I'm excited for the rematch in the ACCCG

Lightning

Banned
We played really well against Liverpool.

Looking forward to the Old Trafford. A draw will be a good result, I'll take that if we can get it. Think we have our best chance in a while to grab a win there though.

Lightning

Banned
Aaron Ramsey's career Arsenal goals before this season is 11, his total this season so far is already 10. What a start to the season for Ramsey, almost bettered his Arsenal career tally of goals and not even half way through the season yet.

Juan Fernando Quintero is a beast in FM14. I have Viktor Fischer as an AML, Quintero as my AMC and Yordy Reyna as my AMR. Jackson up front managed 86 goals in all comps in his first two seasons with me.

Nice, I'm checking out wonder kids right now, so much choice I'm united so my AMC of the future is sorted.

Signed El Sha think I over paid though, my custom tactic is glorious beat Liv and Ars already.

Aaron Ramsey's career Arsenal goals before this season is 11, his total this season so far is already 10. What a start to the season for Ramsey, almost bettered his Arsenal career tally of goals and not even half way through the season yet.

So impressed with Ramsey he looks brilliant, he never looked 'bad' before but he looks a different calibre right now. Ozil joining the club I thought might stifle his progress but what do I know?

Lightning

Banned
So impressed with Ramsey he looks brilliant, he never looked 'bad' before but he looks a different calibre right now. Ozil joining the club I thought might stifle his progress but what do I know?
Ozil would never effect Ramsey, if anything Ozil helps Ramsey. Aaron is much more athletic than Ozil, he defends/tackles/ tracks back, so he is the ideal midfielder. He has strength as well and now he has added the finish. He was always great at getting into goal scoring positions but usually fluffed the chances but now he attacks, defends, sets up plays and now scores. Paired with ah actual DM really brings the best out of Ramsey because he will also assist in defence and get forward as well.

Ozil only really attacks. He much more lazy compared to Ramsey but also provides that killer pass more often. They operate extremely well together. Ramsey cannot be our DM though, he can play the role but not great at it and greatly effects his use going forward as he is disciplined so doesn't get forward enough and doesn't have Arteta or Flamini's organising skills for the back so poor DM but a perfect central midfielder in my opinion.

Top Bottom