• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It doesn't deserve "Metal Gear" lol

like that even means something.

It's a completey different GENRE. If you're not into the 'genre', chances are, you won't like it despite being based in Metal Gear's shit universe.

If Benfica was moved to Italy then quality-wise it would be in Serie C too.

tumblr_inline_mq3cttAaBy1qz4rgp.gif

how the mighty have fallen.

He no doubt could have gotten a serie a contract, but he has talked about wanting to play for Lecce for years, cause it's his childhood club and he never played for them... So he decided to help them out there instead in their troubles, good for him, maybe that can give him some room to sort out his mafia relations too. :p

Hixx

MGS1 and 3 are the only good Metal Gear games. And to be fair they are fucking brilliant.

But as a series its up there with Devil May Cry for being oddly-revered.

MGS1 and 3 are the only good Metal Gear games. And to be fair they are fucking brilliant.

But as a series its up there with Devil May Cry for being oddly-revered.

Except MGS2 is better than MGS3.

I did enjoy all of them, although the way too self serious tone of MGS4 was disappointing.

It doesn't deserve "Metal Gear" lol

like that means something.

It's a completey different GENRE. If you're not into the 'genre', chances are, you won't like it despite being based in Metal Gear's shit universe.

Seeing as the case can be made that the best game on on the PS1, PS2,PS3 and PSP have all been MG games then the MG name does mean anything.

I like hack and slash, but this just feels lame. Nowhere near as good as Bayonetta. I doubt anyone who rate this game if it didn't have MG in its name.

It really, really isn't.

MGS2 is the greatest game I have ever played. Nothing compared to it graphic, story and gameplay wise up until that moment.

Hixx

Seeing as the case can be made that the best game on on the PS1, PS2,PS3 and PSP have all been MG games then the MG name does mean anything.

I like hack and slash, but this just feels lame. Nowhere near as good as Bayonetta. I doubt anyone who rate this game if it didn't have MG in its name.

MGS2 is the greatest game I have ever played. Nothing compared to it graphic, story and gameplay wise up until that moment.

And yet MGS3 500-ups it in every single aspect.

And yet MGS3 500-ups it in every single aspect.

Only improvement is the graphics and The End battle. While I love it, it just does not feel as fun as MGS2. It also did not have any WTF moments for me, like the first two did.

If you compare it to Bayonetta then you really don't know what you are talking about.

Sorry.

In what way???

Both are the same genre, from the same developer, but one is fastly more enjoyable to play. Sure Bayonetta is a lot more light hearted , but the gameplay is also better.

I honestly can't remember this many injuries with Ancelotti or Leonardo. We had them of course, but not this many. No more Milan Lab and different work during the summer with different people caused this situation, probably Allegri's staff work schedule isn't right for a CL side and not having Milan Lab ready to patch every mistake leads to this kind of situation.

When did Pato's injuries start??? He blamed Milan Lab for making him worse off each time. Amazing that now he is back in Brazil he has played 51 this calendar year. His most ever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only improvement is the graphics and The End battle. While I love it, it just does not feel as fun as MGS2. It also did not have any WTF moments for me, like the first two did.

In what way???

Both are the same genre, from the same developer, but one is fastly more enjoyable to play. Sure Bayonetta is a lot more light hearted , but the gameplay is also better.
DMC or Ninja Gaiden?

Hack and slash games are the worst. They are all terrible.

DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are two of the worst games i've played this gen, completed them both, will never touch those franchises ever again.

Not much of a God of War fan either but its better than those two.

Suen

holy shit the commentator in Avellino - Palermo game has such strong accent. It took me two minutes to understand that he was speaking english :lol

When did Pato's injuries start??? He blamed Milan Lab for making him worse off each time. Amazing that now he is back in Brazil he has played 51 this calendar year. His most ever.

As I said before, in this very page too, Pato's injuries weren't his biggest problems and still aren't. His attitute, both when he has to play and when he has to recover, is wrong. He's still a kid and doesn't takes his job seriously, so each time he got injured he just didn't care about returning to play.

This doesn't mean that Milan Lab doesn't have its faults, when Pato sprained his ankle vs Fiorentina (2008/2009 iirc) his recovery was too rushed and made him have a few injuries because of this. Still, Milan asked A LOT of doctors around the world help to fix him, every summer he was in the USA just to get better. Each time, their response was the same, Pato didn't really care to come back and eventually just fucked everything up by himself. This, plus the fact that his girlfriend was Berlusconi's daughter kept him at Milan long enough until Galliani understood that it was time to let him go, even if he was in the "family".

As I said before, in this very page too, Pato's injuries weren't his biggest problems and still aren't. His attitute, both when he has to play and when he has to recover, is wrong. He's still a kid and doesn't takes his job seriously, so each time he got injured he just didn't care about returning to play.

This doesn't mean that Milan Lab doesn't have its faults, when Pato sprained his ankle vs Fiorentina (2008/2009 iirc) his recovery was too rushed and made him have a few injuries because of this. Still, Milan asked A LOT of doctors around the world help to fix him, every summer he was in the USA just to get better. Each time, their response was the same, Pato didn't really care to come back and eventually just fucked everything up by himself. This, plus the fact that his girlfriend was Berlusconi's daughter kept him at Milan long enough until Galliani understood that it was time to let him go, even if he was in the "family".

I remember the Brazilian team doctor blaming Milan for his injuries. Milan, including Pato, have had a lot of muscle problems which indicates something wrong with their system. Same with Arsenal how we have all these muscle problems.

It is strange to blame Pato for his problems, but he has been completely healthy since going back to Brazil. Milan were clearly overworking him and their stretching program and medical issues need to be resolved. When is el Shaz back???

Arsenal also need to have a complete rethink about their training and medical programme. Still amazing that Rosicky was out for well over a year with a hamstring injury.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are two of the worst games i've played this gen, completed them both, will never touch those franchises ever again.

Not much of a God of War fan either but its better than those two.

Oh yeah, DMC4 and Sigma were both a disgrace.
KuGsj.gif

Oh wait when you said comparing to Bayonetta being wrong did you mean MGR or DMC???

No, I meant MGR.

But really, do you prefer DMC or NG? Or better yet, GOW?

Kyoufu

I think Arsenal have a real shot at winning the title this season. That'd be crazy if it happened since I don't think they're head and shoulders above the rest of the league but Wenger > Moyes.

Oh yeah, DMC4 and Sigma were both a disgrace.
KuGsj.gif

No, I meant MGR.

But really, do you prefer DMC or NG?

Bayonetta is better than MGR :D

As for DMC and NG they have both sucked balls this gen. I loved DMC on PS2
just bought the HD collection and look forward to playing that
but Capcom have really fucked that franchise up. I will never touch the new dmc game. NG just lacked any real fun for me. I gave up with that years ago. I need to go back and complete them both. I have started two many games and not finished them this gen. Gonna have to struggle through and complete MGR, at least it is short.

I think Arsenal have a real shot at winning the title this season. That'd be crazy if it happened since I don't think they're head and shoulders above the rest of the league but Wenger > Moyes.

Best first 11 in the league, but I worry if any of our starting defenders go down. Kinda annoying knowing that if we are 1st come the January window Wenger will think this team is clearly good enough to win it and not by anyone, before we self destruct in March

If we get in a top quality striker, then yes I'd place us as favourites. Unlike City, Chelsea and even United, I don't think we have enough individual match winners. For us to win games, we generally need to have the entire team performing well.

And of course Wenger will eventually need to rotate the squad, especially if we progress in the Champions League. But as we saw against Chelsea in the Carling Cup, the divide between our 1st team and 2nd team is alarmingly high. The question is: can Arsenal still manage to win games without Cazorla, Ozil and Giroud? We will sooner or later have to play important games without them

I remember the Brazilian team doctor blaming Milan for his injuries. Milan, including Pato, have had a lot of muscle problems which indicates something wrong with their system. Same with Arsenal how we have all these muscle problems.

It is strange to blame Pato for his problems, but he has been completely healthy since going back to Brazil. Milan were clearly overworking him and their stretching program and medical issues need to be resolved. When is el Shaz back???

Arsenal also need to have a complete rethink about their training and medical programme. Still amazing that Rosicky was out for well over a year with a hamstring injury.

Of course they did, it's much better than saying "it's all my client's fault, he's a dumbass with no brain power whatsoever that wasted an incredible talent and probably a lot of money because of that."

Milan where overworking him because that's what they did to all brazilians player, even Kakà: I know that in Madrid Kakà wasn't exactly the perfect example of a perfect player without injuries, but in Milan he almost single-handedly made us win everything in 6 years. Playing in Brazil is much more different than playing in the Serie A, when Pato first played with us he was on the ground for a lot of time - sure, he was faster and defenders couldn't keep up with him (mid-table teams defenders) but when it came down to a physical challenge Pato just couldn't keep up himself with the rest of the league. That "forced" Milan and Milan Lab to overwork him a little. That and the fact that he didn't fully recovered from that ankle injury (and his head) made everything much more difficult for everybody.

Kakà, like Pato, was fast when he got in Italy. Then they had to put a little more muscles on him and kept him under close control, because his talent was pretty rare and incredibly low cost. Yet, Kakà made it (he also had a few injuries with us), Pato didn't.

Regarding El Shaa: at this point, I think that the staff just want to be 110% sure before saying that a player is able to play. De Sciglio played vs Lazio after a month or so out, yesterday night wasn't even on the bench.

Tc91

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 1h
Carlos Vela says Javier Hernandez will have to consider his future at Man United if he does not play regularly. http://bit.ly/16YuDfR
Retweeted by Chicharito Hernandez

Pea pls.

Of course they did, it's much better than saying "it's all my client's fault, he's a dumbass with no brain power whatsoever that wasted an incredible talent and probably a lot of money because of that."

Milan where overworking him because that's what they did to all brazilians player, even Kakà: I know that in Madrid Kakà wasn't exactly the perfect example of a perfect player without injuries, but in Milan he almost single-handedly made us win everything in 6 years. Playing in Brazil is much more different than playing in the Serie A, when Pato first played with us he was on the ground for a lot of time - sure, he was faster and defenders couldn't keep up with him (mid-table teams defenders) but when it came down to a physical challenge Pato just couldn't keep up himself with the rest of the league. That "forced" Milan and Milan Lab to overwork him a little. That and the fact that he didn't fully recovered from that ankle injury (and his head) made everything much more difficult for everybody.

Kakà, like Pato, was fast when he got in Italy. Then they had to put a little more muscles on him and kept him under close control, because his talent was pretty rare and incredibly low cost. Yet, Kakà made it (he also had a few injuries with us), Pato didn't.

Regarding El Shaa: at this point, I think that the staff just want to be 110% sure before saying that a player is able to play. De Sciglio played vs Lazio after a month or so out, yesterday night wasn't even on the bench.

I know Brazilians are worried about Neymar adding bulk in Spain. The Milan doctors must have problems working with younger players.

As long as el Shaz is fit for the world cup, I won't ever forgive them if he and De Sciglio miss it.

Tc91

Just seen that.

Understandable frustration but a stupid stupid thing to do.

Quite disappointing.

He's scored 14 in 16 starts or something like that. Very impressive for someone who hardly gets a sniff in our team.

Shame really, he's too good to be sitting on the bench. Who do you think would buy him? A Spanish club?

Suen

An Atletico win gets me £30. Please.

Not watching any football today, though. Can't be fucked.
They are playing against Bilbao who've played rather decent so far in the season. That and Bilbao is one of those teams that are weird, they can go from being a great team into a shit team whenever they want. In some moment you'd think they would be up there in the top, at least to end in third position and even give Madrid & Barca a good challenge and then next game they suddenly look like a bottom table team.

Kyoufu

They are playing against Bilbao who've played rather decent so far in the season. That and Bilbao is one of those teams that are weird, they can go from being a great team into a shit team whenever they want. In some moment you'd think they would be up there in the top, at least to end in third position and even give Madrid & Barca a good challenge and then next game they suddenly look like a bottom table team.

Reminds me of Newcastle. :(

He's scored 14 in 16 starts or something like that. Very impressive for someone who hardly gets a sniff in our team.

Shame really, he's too good to be sitting on the bench. Who do you think would buy him? A Spanish club?
Yeah. No real chance of us selling him in England.

Atletico Madrid maybe...if they sell Costa? RM might even have a sniff, he'd score loads for them. Dortmund possibly if they're trying to replace Lewandowski.

Not sure - strange one cos to me Hernandez seems like the type of striker who went out of date a while ago.

Top Bottom