• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The ref was excellent against Juve in the first leg. A 100% red card tamp by Ribery was ignored and a blatant penalty.

Not saying Juve would have won the tie, but it would have changed the outlook going into the second leg at 2-1 with no Ribery.

Bayern are good with help

We were definitely fucked by the ref, offside goals and whatnot, but they deserved to win both games and we deserved nothing.

Suen

lol, Soldado, no headers, only pens.

imMFBxqSAdZl1.gif

2013/2014 could be Arsenals year.

This team is a couple years away from making a serious run

This has been such a horrible, boring F1 season.

Yep, it had some spark to it when the tyes kept going away, but then they fixed it and made it boring.

We were definitely fucked by the ref, offside goals and whatnot, but they deserved to win both games and we deserved nothing.

Sure they were the better side, but who knows how the second leg would have turned out if Ribery was not playing and Juve had a goal.

I still thinking I am dreaming.

HOW THE FUCK DOES RAMSEY HAVE 10 GOALS ALREADY????????????????????

He was useless in front of goal even before his injury, but not he has turned into a finishing machine.

Also how can he over one summer gain the confidence to play like Zidane? The skill and touch he is showing is incredible.

He was useless in front of goal even before his injury, but not he has turned into a finishing machine.

Also how can he over one summer gain the confidence to play like Zidane? The skill and touch he is showing is incredible.

Wilbz says its HGH.

:lol

Salvadora

I've never been so happy to be wrong about a player.

ibG3aRBh8orYE.gif

Even Mertesacker is showing his skills.

There's something truly magical about seeing Arsenal flying so high.

You know, fuck it I like Liverpool being up there too.

United can still fuck off

GorillaJu

Cabaye pls

Anyone with energy and quality. Or bring Masch back :p

Agreed on your requirements, but Cabaye is a bit lazy. I wouldn't mind seeing Alberto in Gerrard's spot, personally. I really rate him. Think it's only a matter of experience before he starts to be a very important player for us.

Agreed on your requirements, but Cabaye is a bit lazy. I wouldn't mind seeing Alberto in Gerrard's spot, personally. I really rate him. Think it's only a matter of experience before he starts to be a very important player for us.

The thing is, Gerrard is still brilliant a lot of the time when we're not relying on him to help us off the ball. But that position is way too important to have him start there against teams with such a good, energetic midfield as Arsenal's, especially with Lucas. Lucas has a lot of qualities, but he doesn't have the pace, tenacity and stamina to do the defensive work for two, even more so when the wingbacks are unwilling to come inside when needed defensively

woodchuck

this season reminds me of the 2007 season. Starting out strong. Then one key injury in the second half (like Flamini in 2007), our whole team falls apart.

Our first team can beat anyone in the league if healthy in one game. But I still don't think we have the depth to maintain a title run. It's a long season, and you can't have these guys playing 90 minutes every game.

this season reminds me of the 2007 season. Starting out strong. Then one key injury in the second half (like Flamini in 2007), our whole team falls apart.

Our first team can beat anyone in the league if healthy in one game. But I still don't think we have the depth to maintain a title run. It's a long season, and you can't have these guys playing 90 minutes every game.
If we can make it to January intact then I think we'll be ok.

Zabojnik

I watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory after reading a thread about it on GAF. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. *laugh track*

Top Bottom