• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

GorillaJu

Spurs are really, really lacking in the attacking areas. They control the ball so well, but they've got to be the most wasteful team in the league in terms of possession in the final third.

spidye

this season reminds me of the 2007 season. Starting out strong. Then one key injury in the second half (like Flamini in 2007), our whole team falls apart.

Our first team can beat anyone in the league if healthy in one game. But I still don't think we have the depth to maintain a title run. It's a long season, and you can't have these guys playing 90 minutes every game.

I think you guys are fine.
once walcott, podolski, ox, wilshere, diaby and gibbs are back you have the depth to play in all three competitions

Slizz

i080hSKKCpCGF.gif

omg omg omg omg Kolo Kolo

*SWOON*

this gunner hype reminds me of a team last season. lovely team, reached the cup final, a european final and were 1 point away from winning the league.

then they lost all 3 within 2 weeks time.

all i know is that i wasn't anywhere near as hyped in November as gunners are and no way they gonna have a season like ours.

settle down.

Nobody plays like Zidane this season or has since Zidane, except maybe Kaka at his best.

Zidane is tall so it makes it seem like he's playing in slow motion while showing incredible technique.

GHG

this season reminds me of the 2007 season. Starting out strong. Then one key injury in the second half (like Flamini in 2007), our whole team falls apart.

Our first team can beat anyone in the league if healthy in one game. But I still don't think we have the depth to maintain a title run. It's a long season, and you can't have these guys playing 90 minutes every game.

People are forgetting that we already have quite a sizeable injury list and a few key players are on it.

Walcott
Podolski
Chamberlain
Flamini
Jack
Sanogo
Diaby

Add Gibbs's injury that he picked up yesterday to that list and thats 8 players who are currently out who would make the match squad, and 4 out of those would ordinarily be in contention for a spot in the starting 11.

We have had a similar sized injury list so far this season with players (Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Sagna) rotating in and out of it and we have done fine and are 5 points clear.

As long as 2 players who could fill the same position (e.g. Giroud and Podolski or Arteta and Flamini) are not out at the same time then we will do ok.

The most important thing is Wenger being smart with squad rotation and not burning players out by playing them in pointless games and not making subs when we are cruising to victory.

One game at a time and we'll see where we are at the turn of the year. Ideally we should look to get a striker in during the Jan window but if not then as long as we dont get horrendous bad luck with injurues we could be ok.

Spurs' build up play continues to be dull as fuck. Makes our clank look majestic. Sure they'll get a pen at some point though. COYS

Oh and Soldado doesn't fit into this team at all.

this gunner hype reminds me of a team last season. lovely team, reached the cup final, a european final and were 1 point away from winning the league.

then they lost all 3 within 2 weeks time.

all i know is that i wasn't anywhere near as hyped in November as gunners are and no way they gonna have a season like ours.

settle down.

I don't think there is that much hype around Arsenal. It seems to be coming more from non-Arsenal fans.

I think we have the best 11 in the league and that they are good enough to win the league, but squad depth is an issue and I am not expect more than a QF appearance in the CL/FA cup.

Gooners really have to start putting an asterisk next to Diaby on their list of injured players. He's a bonus player, you've built your squad on the assumption that he won't be available

I always love that people say the next Maradona, the next Zidane, the (insert country) Messi.

But nobody says the next Totti, because everyone knows that nobody can play like Totti does. he is a one of a kind that no one can equal

GHG

Diaby is not and never will be, a key player.

Best forget about him.

But for the 5 games a year he's available he's a beast.

I'm sure Wengers injecting him with whatever Ramsey is on so that when he comes back he can go toe to toe with Yaya and beat him.

Plus i'd rather have the option of having a dynamic player like Diaby available than not.

Diaby... Always in our thoughts, prayers and dreams.

Diaby with a pre-season under his belt could be formidable in the 2014-15 season.

Yaya Toure-esque we'll be calling him.

I'll slap your shit

Gonna be nice watching Man Utd vs Arsenal next weekend, truly not giving a shit what the result is. Just hope its a good game. That'll change if we fuck it up against Fulham, in which case I'll be slowly swinging from a light fixture.

GorillaJu

Gonna start up FM2014. Last time I played I went with Liverpool and won everything at a cantor. Gonna try and go for a challenge this time but I wanna stick with an English club. Any suggestions?

Arnie

Step dad's gone to the match with my uncle.

Can't wait for him to relay to me how fucking dull Spurs are over dinner.

Hope it stays at 0-0

Gonna start up FM2014. Last time I played I went with Liverpool and won everything at a cantor. Gonna try and go for a challenge this time but I wanna stick with an English club. Any suggestions?

Portsmouth. See if you can return them to their former glory.

or if you want a challenge try
United

L1NETT

Starting as a prem club is so boring it makes my head hurt.

Pompey, bradford, derby, Sheffield united or leyton orient. Take your pick.

Top Bottom