• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Blablurn

BYOAOgjIMAAuoLL.jpg:large

Here's what's going to happen

Scenario A (60%):

We drop points to Madrid and then we go on and utterly decimate Napoli.

Scenario B (30%):

We destroy Madrid and pulga gets stabbed by our ultras

then, of course, we drop points to Napoli

Scenario C (10% / 98% with Stephan Lichtsteiner)

We win both.

Those odds are nasty.

I'm gonna have to make peace with the lad.

Clegg

French or English club imo.

Ever Banega's agent: "I can only tell you that we are already talking with several clubs in relation to the next window."

"In the next few days I will be traveling to present all the options to Valencia."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh my god

Spurs is 2ND with only NINE goals scored?

English football help me understand

7 clean sheets out of 10. We have the best goalkeeper in the league and concede very few chances. Everton had one shot on target against us and it was in the 90th minute.

The goals will come, we've scored a huge amount in the cups but it will take time for our team to settle into the league. Our whole front 6 is different to last season.

Ushojax

cleans sheets mean shit if you don't score.

But we do score, hence we are in the top 4 and level with second, not next to West Ham. Is a 0-0 at Everton considered a bad result now? Nobody ever wins there.

We've scored 30 in 17 games across all competitions. The goals will come, this time last season we couldn't even beat Maribor or Panathinaikos away in the Europa.

Arnie

But we do score, hence we are in the top 4 and level with second, not next to West Ham.

Is a 0-0 at Everton considered a bad result now? Nobody ever wins there.
We would've won there had we not faced Injustica.

Watching Early Doors on my day off. Fucking top show.

But we do score, hence we are in the top 4 and level with second, not next to West Ham.

Is a 0-0 at Everton considered a bad result now? Nobody ever wins there.

So far in your three biggest games
Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton
you have managed to score one goal and take away only 2 points from 9

Ushojax

So far in your three biggest games
Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton
you have managed to score one goal and take away only 2 points from 9

So 2 more points than last season where we scored 5 across those fixtures?

Sounds fine to me.

Interesting what Dermott Gallagher said on SSN, that Martin Atkinson had to book Sagna after he blew the whistle and couldn't let them take a quick free kick. If the ball had run on to Sturridge then he could have played advantage, but obviously you can't do that once play has stopped. He had to book him at that point apparently.

I love love LOVE the fact that I said that Roma would somehow stop a little during November and the first game they played in this month they draw.

Milan to win the triplete in May.
Milan pls

http://football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/%5Btype%5D/%5Bnid%5D/vargas-milan490ai.jpg[IMG]

you can't even call this a [I]wall[/I]

or this

[img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2013/10/6/1381098182529/Andrea-Pirlo-011.jpg[img]

what the hell is [B]Mexes [/B]doing over there[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect nothing more from the guy:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ib00XDyLzYAHYS.jpg

Look at his face. You can clearly see that he's thinking about something dumb to do during the match.

So 2 more points than last season where we scored 5 across those fixtures?

Sounds fine to me.

Thats why Spurs will not amount to anything great.

Interesting what Dermott Gallagher said on SSN, that Martin Atkinson had to book Sagna after he blew the whistle and couldn't let them take a quick free kick. If the ball had run on to Sturridge then he could have played advantage, but obviously you can't do that once play has stopped. He had to book him at that point apparently.

I thought that was pretty obvious, was hilarious all the Liverpool fans on here complaining. Atkinson made the right decision.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love love LOVE the fact that I said that Roma would somehow stop a little during November and the first game they played in this month they draw.

Milan to win the triplete in May.

I wouldn't expect nothing more from the guy:

ib00XDyLzYAHYS.jpg

Look at his face. You can clearly see that he's thinking about something dumb to do during the match.
Roma's first midweek game innit

Ushojax

Spurs let themselves down yesterday.

Never should have let Lloris stay on the pitch

Yeah that was silly, but we would have lost if Friedel had come on. He would never have made the save at the end from Deulofeu.

Townsend got knocked out last week and we let him stay on as well, a bit dangerous but we've got away with it.

Salazar

Yeah that was silly, but we would have lost if Friedel had come on. He would never have made the save at the end from Deulofeu.

Townsend got knocked out last week and we let him stay on as well, a bit dangerous but we've got away with it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2013/11/02/her-biggest-save/?hpid=z1

Got to get a shitload more serious about enforcing player safety.

None of this "the player wants to continue" shit. Either medical duty of care exists, or it doesn't. Someone wants to come back on and try to run off a corked muscle ? Alright. Brain trauma ? Do me a fucking favour.

Arnie

Chelsea Gaf: Sports Direct.com having a big reduction on Chelsea shirts this week dunno if its been mentioned. All 3 shirts £16.99 and the goalkeeper top too, Home and white away kit £19.99 with Hazard, Oscar or Mata on them.

Ordered all 3! (£4.99 postage unless you spend £100)
My friend works at Sports Direct's main office just outside of Mansfield (she sits four desks down from Ashley who's always in apparently) and she was telling me about this the other day. Said it was a mistake but they had to honour it. Thought it was just Mata shirts but apparently not. Said they went down to £15 but they should've been £50. She also told me that they promoted the new Newcastle shirts as 'Newcastle Shits'.

Someone must've got fired for that.

Top Bottom