• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

gifs_11.gif

Shit defenders

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2013/11/02/her-biggest-save/?hpid=z1

Got to get a shitload more serious about enforcing player safety.

None of this "the player wants to continue" shit. Either medical duty of care exists, or it doesn't. Someone wants to come back on and try to run off a corked muscle ? Alright. Brain trauma ? Do me a fucking favour.

Hey, I don't disagree. We got away with it twice in the last week but I don't say I agree with the decisions. If a player loses consciousness they need to be substituted immediately, you cannot diagnose some head injuries on the pitch, they could have a brain aneurysm or something.

Arnie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2013/11/02/her-biggest-save/?hpid=z1

Got to get a shitload more serious about enforcing player safety.

None of this "the player wants to continue" shit. Either medical duty of care exists, or it doesn't. Someone wants to come back on and try to run off a corked muscle ? Alright. Brain trauma ? Do me a fucking favour.
That research on female concussion rates is bizarrely fascinating to me.

Do they have softer skulls? Why are they more susceptible to concussions?

Looking back on the weekend I'm sure Jose Mourinho is furious. Chelsea really had an opportunity.

Liverpool better spank Fulham next weekend, and I want half their team to receive bans this week.

GorillaJu

I like how there's a language option for English, and English (US) in Football Manager. I was wondering why it kept saying "soccer" instead of "football."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We heard this story before from Gattuso but it's still good :lol

Gattso "You see Pirlo & automatically think he's a very innocent person because of his angelic face but he's a son of a bitch (laughs)."

"Pirlo is never still, he is always joking around or planning a prank on someone."

"Once at Milanello I forgot my phone on the table after dinner & Pirlo took it & SMS'ed Braida & Galliani offering them my sister."
-
As you should be. Massive upgrade over your current phone, I'm sure.

it's one inch wider

tumblr_mvpux7HV3l1r30r4xo1_250.gif

give or take

More on the class of 92 film

Documentary about footballers including David Beckham to get UK theatrical release.

The Class of 92, a documentary detailing the rise to stardom of six young Manchester United footballers including David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Phil and Gary Neville, will debut in selected cinemas across the UK through Universal Pictures from Dec 1.
The film will be available on DVD the following day (Dec 2).

The documentary covers 1992-1999, culminating in Manchester United’s European Cup triumph, and interweaves the narrative with the social and cultural changes taking place in Britain at the time.

The production secured access to all six players and also includes interviews with Zinedine Zidane, Tony Blair, Mani from the Stone Roses, Eric Cantona and Danny Boyle.
David Beckham said: “My time with these players at Manchester United were the most special in my career. We came from different backgrounds, grew up like a family playing together through the ranks, all wanting to be successful. In the end, what we achieved was beyond our wildest dreams. I loved making this film and reuniting back with the lads and talking openly about our time together.”
Ryan Giggs said: “When we were approached to do this film, it gave me the chance to think back over all the events in not only my career but all of the lads involved. Hopefully you’ll see how personal it is to us all - we’re still great mates and who would turn down the chance to make a movie with your best mates?”
Phil Neville added: “Making this film was a great experience, it’s got us all together, as we don’t often get a chance to these days, to revisit old haunts and reflect over the past. I am really looking forward to seeing the film complete”.
The Class of 92 is directed by Ben and Gabe Turner, produced by Leo Pearlman, all of Fulwell 73 Productions and executive produced by Patrick Holland of Boundless, part of FremantleMedia UK.

Hixx

So that tutorial bit for the new Metal Gear Solid game is going to be sold for £30.

And people are lapping it up.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dangerous precedent.

Top Bottom