• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

rvy

Banned
563571_10153423676145716_954095638_n.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bwin asked a few questions to Marchisio and Modric

Fuck me, Modric is boring as fuck. And he sounds like a coked up Count.

count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Tomorrow is the first night of Champions League football with my new Sky Sports subscription.

Going to order a pizza and stand in the front room with my hand on my heart singing along to my vague understanding of the Champions League song lyrics.

jtb

Banned
a little late to this discussion but Computer is far and away the worst poster on GAF. I don't think he's made a single post that wasn't either deliberately trolling for shock value, incredibly stupid, or, usually, an unhealthy mixture of both. oh wow you took philosophy 101, now kindly go fuck yourself.

Suen

I hate when the train conductor tells us through the speaker to get our tickets ready as they will check them very soon yet they don't come until 30 minutes later. 30 minutes later isn't soon, come and check my ticket you slow fat cunt.

a little late to this discussion but Computer is far and away the worst poster on GAF. I don't think he's made a single post that wasn't either deliberately trolling for shock value, incredibly stupid, or, usually, an unhealthy mixture of both. oh wow you took philosophy 101, now kindly go fuck yourself.
Should see the post he made in the Titanfall resolution thread.

http://eplindex.com/43539/fabio-nod-a-look-at-his-stats.html

Should Fabio be Given The Nod? A Look at His Stats
Nov 02, 2013 Aashish Murali 2,308 Views 0

Fabio Da Silva, the ‘technically better one‘ of the Brazilian twin brothers scored the fourth and final goal in a 4-0 rout against a hapless Norwich City in the league cup 4th round on the tuesday night to take Manchester United into the quarter final. Well. One could of think of the boy as to why he couldn’t solidify his position in the side, when his brother Rafael – the hardworking one has gone on from strength to strength since, having made that right back position his own. Fabio did famously make it to the starting 11 in the champions league final 2011, which we lost to FC Barcelona. But since then he didn’t get involved in the Manchester United team as much as he’d have liked to and as a result he went on loan to QPR in the 2012-13 season for more playing time.

Fabii.png

Fabio’s statistics in the last two years with two different teams show a decent rise in form, if not spectacular. Despite the fact that a couple of calf niggles had played a part in him not involving with Manchester United much in the early years, he will certainly have to work his way through to the Manchester United’s first team, impress David Moyes in the reserve games (which he is doing lately) and a few solid performances with the first team – 8/10 performances to justify his claim.

Click the link for more on Fabio

I don't understand why Computer is talking about a suicide machine. Arguing that that would be expensive. Don't get what he's saying about medicines either. (France OT)

Kenka pls report. My French isn't that good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Which PL teams have created the most chances?

1) Tottenham

The Spurs side is packed with creative talent now and it's spread right through the team. Rather than relying on Gareth Bale like last season, the money that Andre Villas-Boas reinvested looks like it's working as they have created 130 chances so far this season - the most in the league.

2) Manchester City

Manuel Pellegrini's side is perhaps the silkiest outfit in the league right now, with the likes of David Silva, Samir Nasri and Yaya Toure in the midfield. The Citizens have made 103 key passes so far this term and have made 18 assists.

3) Newcastle

Surprisingly, Alan Pardew's men have racked up 117 chances in total this season, nine of which have been assists. The Magpies' form seems to be picking up now, and they sit ninth in the league.

4) Arsenal

With Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey in the side it's no real shock that the Gunners are in the top five. The north London side have created 112 chances this season so far and sit five points clear at the top.

5) Chelsea

Chelsea make up the top five with 111 chances created, which is 10 more than sixth place Liverpool. Eden Hazard, Ramires and Oscar have carved 45 between themselves.

Quite amazing how wasteful we are. Put the ball in the net for fuck's sake.

Carbonox

Newcastle would be higher in the league if more of those chances were taken by players not named Papiss Cisse. He showcases laziness at times that makes Berbatov look like a workhorse.

Lightning

Banned
Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 8h

Wenger: "I tried to watch the Tottenham match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep!" #Timeless

Sums up Spurs in general quite well this season I think.

Tc91

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-manager-2014-wonderkids-top-2674509

For the FM players: Here's a really nice list of wonderkids that the Mirror have put together.

Still trying to find this for cheap cause I'm a tight sod but I played the beta and this guy:

Eder Alvarez Balanta (River, £3.4m) - A Colombian sensation who will be world class

Was INSANE. Think he has 18-19 in some stats in the first season. I had him and Kurt Zouma for my CB's at Napoli.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sums up Spurs in general quite well this season I think.

We're following the Fergie model. Bore everybody to death and win through clank for the first 4 months, then when everybody else is knackered you win the league. Foolproof.

Lightning

Banned
We're following the Fergie model. Bore everybody to death and win through clank for the first 4 months, then when everybody else is knackered you win the league. Foolproof.
Would work if you had Fergie but after the Manchester clubs hand you your ass you will be too far behind to win anything.

Top Bottom