• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

bjaelke

Fulham defender Sascha Riether charged for violent conduct following Manchester United game
Fulham's Sascha Riether has been charged by The FA for violent conduct following an incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video during his side's game against Manchester United on 2 November 2013.

The charge is in relation to an incident involving Riether and United's Adnan Januzaj which occurred in added time of Saturday's match at Craven Cottage.

The defender has until 6pm on Tuesday 5 November 2013 to respond to the charge.

Riether is the first player to have been charged retrospectively by The FA under a new pilot project for potential ‘not seen’ incidents in Premier League matches.

Previously, where the match officials had confirmed to The FA that none of them had seen an incident the match referee was then asked to review all available video evidence before being asked what action, if any, he would have taken had it been seen.

Under the new process, if an incident has not been seen by the match officials, a three-man panel of former elite referees Steve Dunn, Eddie Wolstenholme and Alan Wiley will be asked by The FA to review it and advise what, if any action, they believe the match referee should have taken had it been witnessed at the time.

For an FA charge to follow, all three panel members must agree it is a sending-off offence. In this instance, the panel were of the unanimous decision that it was an act of violent conduct.
http://www.thefa.com/News/governanc...manchester-united-violent-conduct-charge.aspx

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Would work if you had Fergie but after the Manchester clubs hand you your ass you will be too far behind to win anything.

Pssh, we took 7 points off the Manchester clubs last season. You took...2?

Yen

Looking forward to MGS but I think it's a bit much to pay £30/£20 for one area of the game. If the mission is 'Rescue Chico', how long could that possibly take? 2 hours?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz, did you like Eminem's album?

Pretty good, yeah. Don't think it all works but that's mostly because of the production, its a bit too heavy. Lyrics are good though, some of the songs feel like old Eminem. 7/10 if I had to give it a score.

Reflektor is amazing, seeing Arcade Fire next Monday. Hypeeeeeee

Fry

Pretty good, yeah. Don't think it all works but that's mostly because of the production, its a bit too heavy. Lyrics are good though, some of the songs feel like old Eminem. 7/10 if I had to give it a score.

Reflektor is amazing, seeing Arcade Fire next Monday. Hypeeeeeee

Did you see him Rapping like a God yesterday?

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

LTWheels

Zonal Marking's take on Arsenal-Liverpool.

So Rodgers made the right tactical decisions during the game despite the end result.

You just need to buy a wingback (or two?) in January if you're going to stick with 3-5-2.

I wonder how much of a difference it would have made if Enrique and Johnson was fit.

With the first goal, showed Flanagan's lack of pace compared to Johnson meaning our centre backs were out numbered.

One of the most important things of 3-5-2 is having dominant wingbacks to push back the opponents fullbacks. Our wingbacks were not getting forward. When they receive the ball they would stop and pass backwards. This would just funnel the game into the middle of the pitch where we were outnumbered.

Wilbur

Banned
Glad to see Riether's being punished, the fucking cunt. Shame because I think he's quite good, one of the best RBs in the league after the usual suspects.

Liverpool need a midfielder or two for sure. Considering that when Coutinho comes back into the side it'll probably be at Henderson's expense, Gerrard and Lucas will have some fucking work to do. Allen and Lucas would probably be my starting two. Would have gone for Agger over Kolo against Arsenal as well. Skrtel and Kolo looked bamboozled when Giroud and Ozil started playing one twos to each other.

dat 3-5-2 tho, on paper I want to see United go for it. My first formation in a month please understand

De Gea
Jones - Vidic - Evans
Rafael - Carrick - Fellaini - Januzaj
Shinji
Rooney - RVP

Valencia could also be a top wing back. Januzaj probably shouldn't play there and should alternate with Shinji lol, but Evra and Young could do a job as well

Victory

i5prByw6vX3vS.gif

Give me dat diamond

de Gea
Rafa - Vidic - Evans - Evra
Carrick
Nani - Januzaj
Shinji
Rppmey - RVP

All out attack.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit from the Zonal Marking piece :lol

0DJTt.png

koscielny proactivism

Also where's Shanks? Where's that nut banana? Can you stop saying Arsenal's first team is the best in the league please considering Kompany's been out all season xoxo

damn dp'd like pulga's mom in the as roma megastore

Lightning

Banned
Pssh, we took 7 points off the Manchester clubs last season. You took...2?
We drew at home against Liverpool last season, this season we handed them their ass. Last seasons results in same fixtures means nothing, you looked a much better team last year, this season you look incredibly average.

On United today, some cunt said Ibra was asked which partnership was better. SAS or Rppmey and RVP? Apparently he said "Who's Sturridge?"

Am I late on this or what?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mvqw8iIjSn1r30r4xo6_250.gif

tumblr_mvqmnawwiK1r30r4xo1_500.gif

You know the old Juve is truly fucking dead when we lose to Madrid.

tumblr_mvqw8iIjSn1r30r4xo2_250.gif

And our old stadium is dead as well.
thankfully

Salvadora

Holy shit from the Zonal Marking piece :lol

0DJTt.png

koscielny proactivism

Also where's Shanks? Where's that nut banana? Can you stop saying Arsenal's first team is the best in the league please considering Kompany's been out all season xoxo

damn dp'd like pulga's mom in the as roma megastore
Koscielny was absolutely wonderful against Liverpool, has your opinion changed of him lately?

Wilbur

Banned
On United today, some cunt said Ibra was asked which partnership was better. SAS or Rppmey and RVP? Apparently he said "Who's Sturridge?"

Am I late on this or what?

loooooooooool who's django

What happened to Capoue? Is he injured?

Just coming back now I think, was on the bench in the cup

We drew at home against Liverpool last season, this season we handed them their ass. Last seasons results in same fixtures means nothing, you looked a much better team last year, this season you look incredibly average.

Think Spurs are a tad unfairly maligned. Point away at Everton is not to be sniffed at considering they beat Chelsea already, beat us and City last year.

Spurs are suffering from a few things for me; one being that - especially at White Hart Lane - teams are defending against them in a way they didn't before, they've acknowledged they need to shut up shop and park the bus, and they're doing that. Nothing wrong with that, so Spurs need to find a way through teams that do that.

The other is Soldado. I think he's a fine player who hasn't acclimatised to England fully yet and while some of it is his fault - doesn't make enough runs off the last defender for me sometimes - , the fact is he's great at getting onto the end of crosses with his head and peeling away and volleying it in. AVB insists on playing with two inverted wingers who just don't cross. The only time Townsend does it is when he cuts well inside and puts it towards the back post and that's just not the service Soldado thrives on. Plus Holtby's a good player but nowhere near as creative as Eriksen. Need to bed in Eriksen and Lamela quickly as.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol

Was that Turok who kept posting those blatantly incorrect stats?

why of course

And Wooden thought my stats were made up, lol.

One of the most important things of 3-5-2 is having dominant wingbacks to push back the opponents fullbacks. Our wingbacks were not getting forward. When they receive the ball they would stop and pass backwards. This would just funnel the game into the middle of the pitch where we were outnumbered.

Exactly, they're the pillar of this formation. It's no surprise we started SUCKING/conceding way too many goals when Lichtsteiner picked up an injury.

Wilbur

Banned
Got blog entry things from DC, Bungie, 3Sixty and Arnie now. They're all delicious <333

Gonna PM faridchan, bootay and one of the Swans fans actually. I'll do the Norwich one myself because who the fuck supports Norwich.

You know the old Juve is truly fucking dead when we lose to Madrid.

Unlucky to lose, baby. Trust, Carlo will play 460 with Khedira, Pepe and Casillas in midfield.

Koscielny was absolutely wonderful against Liverpool, has your opinion changed of him lately?

He's been very good so far this year to be honest, but I'd attribute a lot of it to having formed a very good partnership instead of individually standing out. There's times when running 20 yards ahead of the rest of his defence works and there's times when it doesn't, but Mertesacker - and Arteta actually, did it a few times the other day and it'll be the same when Flamini comes back - is exceptionally good at positioning himself in an effective covering position.

Koscielny's got all the physical attributes but he's dumb as fuck. He's improving, but sometimes I wonder whether him being proactive is part of a tactical plan or him just too eager to get involved.

Suen

Serie A-GAF, latest rumors from Parma forum(s):

Cassano trying to convince Pazzini to join Parma (lol)
Quag. linked to Parma (no thanks Juve)
Biabiany linked to Juve (fuck off Juve)
Parolo linked to Lazio (Lazio pls)

Timurid

Got blog entry things from DC, Bungie, 3Sixty and Arnie now. They're all delicious <333

Gonna PM faridchan, bootay and one of the Swans fans actually. I'll do the Norwich one myself because who the fuck supports Norwich.

Unlucky to lose, baby. Trust, Carlo will play 460 with Khedira, Pepe and Casillas in midfield.

He's been very good so far this year to be honest, but I'd attribute a lot of it to having formed a very good partnership instead of individually standing out. There's times when running 20 yards ahead of the rest of his defence works and there's times when it doesn't, but Mertesacker - and Arteta actually, did it a few times the other day and it'll be the same when Flamini comes back - is exceptionally good at positioning himself in an effective covering position.

Koscielny's got all the physical attributes but he's dumb as fuck. He's improving, but sometimes I wonder whether him being proactive is part of a tactical plan or him just too eager to get involved.

It's the polish.

Wilbur

Banned
Luiz is a better defensive midfielder than a defender, surprised Mou hasn't played him there yet considering Lampard is fucking crap.

Clegg

All trolling aside, Benzema is a good striker who is possibly being unfairly maligned due to the performances of his more illustrious teammates. He'd start for most big teams in the world, bar United, City and Barca; teams who already have better forwards.

However, some of the criticism against him is warranted. He's wasteful, probably doesn't score enough goals and fails to stand out for Real. He probably would have been sold if he wasn't a favourite of Perez. No shame in that though. Many good players have been sold by Madrid.

And Koscielney is now being overrated as much as he was underrated.

Suen

Still think Real might go for Falcao this January.
After all that money splashed for Bale? Not sure about that unless we offload some players. How much money would Monaco demand? Oh and he'd be fucking hated by every Atleti fan lol.

Zabojnik

Serie A-GAF, latest rumors from Parma forum(s):

Cassano trying to convince Pazzini to join Parma (lol)
Quag. linked to Parma (no thanks Juve)
Biabiany linked to Juve (fuck off Juve)
Parolo linked to Lazio (Lazio pls)

No thanks Juve? You're kidding, right? He'd be a MASSIVE upgrade for Parma.

Top Bottom