• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Barzul

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 5h
Should Lloris have had his brain tested? Yes, of course. But players are entitled to join Tottenham if they want to.

LOOOOOOL

Suen

No thanks Juve? You're kidding, right? He'd be a MASSIVE upgrade for Parma.
Over Amauri sure. I want young players, not old players. Have you seen the average age of the team? If we'd accept Quag. why wouldn't we just bring Destro instead?

L1NETT

Luiz is a truly rubbish defender. Quite amusing to watch really, especially when he does one of his trademark fuck ups.

Kosiecleny is also prone to moments of brain deadness though.

Tough one, like asking do you prefer Leeds or Huddersfield.

Neither.

Luiz is a truly rubbish defender. Quite amusing to watch really, especially when he does one of his trademark fuck ups.

Kosiecleny is also prone to moments of brain deadness though.

Tough one, like asking do you prefer Leeds or Huddersfield.

Neither.

arkon is a bro and Leeds can fuck off, so that question is easy

Salvadora

Arse-GAF what happened with the rumors about Ruben Garcia being linked with us? Are we still interested?
Doesn't really make sense considering our flexibility in that department.

But I've read some rumblings about Jacky's injury woes which I hope are not true. That the problem is far worse than the club are letting on. Could be bullshit, but when it comes to that you never know.

Zabojnik

Over Amauri sure. I want young players, not old players. Have you seen the average age of the team? If we'd accept Quag. why wouldn't we just bring Destro instead?

Well, when you put it like that ... Still, Quags is a proven striker and has got a few good years in him yet (he's 30), Destro is kind of an unknown variable at the moment. As for wanting young players, well, you know what happens if you buy a young talent and he explodes. Next year he's already a goner. With someone like Quags, you're good to go for at least two, three seasons.

Barzul

fut-legend-ratings-1-Pele.jpg

The card that broke FUT. Perfect troll face too.

On United today, some cunt said Ibra was asked which partnership was better. SAS or Rppmey and RVP? Apparently he said "Who's Sturridge?"

Am I late on this or what?

Meh. Sturridge has done nothing on the European stage and its not like he's some 18 year old pulling up trees. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of footballers hadn;t heard of him if they don;t pay attention to English football

Suen

Doesn't really make sense considering our flexibility in that department.

But I've read some rumblings about Jacky's injury woes which I hope are not true. That the problem is far worse than the club are letting on. Could be bullshit, but when it comes to that you never know.
I've just come to learn that whenever Wilshere is involved in an injury you should expect the worst, regardless of what the club or the press says.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We drew at home against Liverpool last season, this season we handed them their ass. Last seasons results in same fixtures means nothing, you looked a much better team last year, this season you look incredibly average.

We were shit this time last year. Losing to Newcastle, drawing at home to West Brom and Norwich, losing to Wigan at home. We only hit top gear after we lost to Everton in November.

Suen

Well, when you put it like that ... Still, Quags is a proven striker and has got a few good years in him yet (he's 30), Destro is kind of an unknown variable at the moment. As for wanting young players, well, you know what happens if you buy a young talent and he explodes. Next year he's already a goner. With someone like Quags, you're good to go for at least two, three seasons.
It honestly feels like a gamble, should we buy a proven striker who's about to enter his 30's that we could use for a few years or should we take the risk of using young players who could end up being talents? If we have young talents we won't keep them for long as you say but then we coul sell them for a good sum of money which in turn can be invested in the team. Both strengthen the club but which is best long term? I wish we'd just keep our players :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus fans are preparing to hand Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo Inferior Messi "a special welcome" after a controversial clash at Santiago Bernabeu on Champions League matchday three.

That's right, cunt.

But doesn't he play better with jeers or something?

Zabojnik

It honestly feels like a gamble, should we buy a proven striker who's about to enter his 30's that we could use for a few years or should we take the risk of using young players who could end up being talents? If we have young talents we won't keep them for long as you say but then we coul sell them for a good sum of money which in turn can be invested in the team. Both strengthen the club but which is best long term? I wish we'd just keep our players :/

For a provincial team with middle of the table ambitions, the best thing is to have a mixture or (talented) young and experienced older players. Well, for any club, really. Get rid of the ever useless Amauri, sign Quags. That's be a pretty significant upgrade for you guys and it shouldn't set you back too much.

Parma are traditionally very good at that sort of thing, so I wouldn't worry. I wish we wouldn't go after Biabiany, but Conte seems to rate him, if the rumors are to be believed. Whatever, as long as we bring Berardi
and Verratti :(((
home next summer, I'll be a happy puppy.

Hixx

That 60fps Killzone footage, man...

Coming from my low-settings, 0-45fps BF4 experience it makes me CHUBBY.

That's right.

Suen

For a provincial team with middle of the table ambitions, the best thing is to have a mixture or (talented) young and experienced older players. Well, for any club, really. Get rid of the ever useless Amauri, sign Quags. That's be a pretty significant upgrade for you guys and it shouldn't set you back too much.

Parma are traditionally very good at that sort of thing, so I wouldn't worry. I wish we wouldn't go after Biabiany, but Conte seems to rate him, if the rumors are to be believed. Whatever, as long as we bring Berardi
and Verratti :(((
home next summer, I'll be a happy puppy.
It's pathetic how the team wants to settle down for a midtable position these days. Where did all passion we had 16-17 years ago go? Biabiany is good, he's fast and does very decent crosses, the only problem is that when he lacks confidence against opponents he disappears for whole games, aside from that I'd rate him as one of our more valuable players. Don't think he'd improve Juve in any particular way for now.

Bumhead

Banned
I play games on a high end PC but that Killzone Shadowfall still looks lovely to me.

Not interested in a tech race between PC and consoles. I just want playing a console exclusive in 2013 and beyond to not feel like a colossal drop down from what a PC game looks like, and if the PS4 launch games are any indication then we're getting that and then some. Shadowfall looks great to me.

Walshy

Jordan Rossiter is going to be a good player for Liverpool. Can see him breaking through in the next two - three seasons.

deroli

Denn wenn et Trömmelche jeht, dann stonn mer all parat un mer trecke durch de Stadt, un jeder hätt jesat: Kölle Allaf Allaf, Kölle Allaf!

Great club, great fans, great city and even great goal music. Would love to see Köln next season in the Bundeliga.
Also, very easy points for us

And take a look at their mascot:

You can't dislike the club, it's impossible.

Walshy

He's only like 16 isn't he?
Yeah, he's incredible for his age.

Too right.

One to watch after Suso.

And once Ibe's Odyssey is over.
Definitely.

Also it's a damn shame that Texiera was sent back from his loan early, he's scored 4 in 4 for the U21s, way too good for this level.

Would like to see him given a chance for the first team but lack of europa league and league cup means the possibility of that is zero.

Top Bottom