• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Kenka

Schär is being courted quite a lot.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/10/16/jb-dortmund-could-derail-arsenals-schr-signing/?or=1

Arsene Wenger may have to step up his efforts to secure the signing of highly-rated Basel youngster Fabian Schär after it was revealed that Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund are also tracking the 21-year-old.

Arsenal were linked with a move for the defender last month, as the Gunners continue their efforts to bolster a defence and squad that has been ravaged by injury over the past few weeks.

However the North London club could now face a renewed challenge to land the player, after Bild revealed that the Swiss international had already been identified as a main transfer target by Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp.

The Bundesliga boss is keen to recruit the Basel player as a long-term replacement for Mats Hummels who is close to agreeing a €35 million move to La Liga giants Barcelona, the German news provider claims.

Still, Schär is the perfect Arsenal defender.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews
Arsenal defender Jack Wilshere misses training ahead of Champions League game against Borussia Dortmund #SSN

defender

bjaelke

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/call-duty-ghosts-daniel-sturridge-2677871

Scroll down to the video and skip to 1:00
TadkV.gif

Kenka

Dortmund are interested in Pawel Dawidowicz (DM) according to polish sources
Eff yeah. Had Milik immediately made an impact at Leverkusen, he would have come under the spot more rapidly.

do you live in Dresden?
No, I just happen to like this club a lot <3 I wish we had Jena, Leipzig and Dresden in the BL
instead of Augsburg, Brunswick and Freiburg

Bumhead

Banned
Any FootyGAF members from the Phillipines?

Just put a bet on a match between Phillipines Air Force and Stallions FC. 20 minutes in, noticed that betting was suspended. Checked 20 minutes later, betting still suspended but there had been 5 red cards. Sounds like there's basically been a 20 minute mass brawl and the game has been abandoned :lol

Love stuff like that. European football, why u so boring?

Glad really as the bet I did place looked it was doing down the pisser before it all kicked off. Got my stake refunded and a few laughs for the trouble.

Hixx

Wilbur I am writing this thing for your blog and I am at like 1400 words and Di Canio has just been sacked

where is my money

Salazar

I will write something on Phil Jones as a throbbing unification of far-scattered masculine archetypes, Wilbur.

I don't want you to publish it. It's for me.

Fuuuuuuucking nervous about Sociedad. More specifically, about us collapsing like a knackered lover for the second 45 minutes.

Jackhammering invention for the first half. Unimaginable flaccidity thereafter.

Wilbur

Banned
Tonight's the night young makes a stake for ballon dOr 2014 alright

Trust me

oh and football fan give over

"U sound like YouTube comments"

"I did not know jealousy causes blindness"

Double standards you senile ape

Bumhead

Banned
Buying games from Salsibury City Football Club's website..

Haha.

EDIT: O wot it says £14.99 for me?!

Why the hell did I pay £24 for it last night..?

Tc91

Buying games from Salsibury City Football Club's website..

Haha.

EDIT: O wot it says £14.99 for me?!

Why the hell did I pay £24 for it last night..?

It's been £14.99 from a few Football Club's websites just the postage has been ridiculous.

That's the best I've found since Hotukdeals raided the £16.50 one.

Wilbur

Banned
In fact I have to go back to it

be quiet like Mascherano and earn your spot.

So when Xavi does play poorly and continues to be selected, is this not the opposite of earning your spot? Or is it trading on past glories?

The team comes first, as does the result. Cesc cost us 2 points vs Osasuna just a few weeks ago. If he wants to start over Xavi, I shouldn't be saying that. Xavi may be poor now and I can easily admit that, but if I saw the starting line up vs Milan without Xavi I'd be disappointed. The team still uses passing to win matches and he is a massive massive part of it.

And again I'll make the distinction between 'Xavi should be rested more often than not against Granada at home' and 'Xavi shouldn't play in the Champions League against Milan'.

I've actually found you more exciting to watch with Neymar and Cesc in the side, ironically enough. Which was the original question. Do you like watching Barca or enjoy their play, wasn't it? Not r u blinded by jealousy if u dont rub various sensitive parts of ur anus watching tiki taka mes que un club

Don't watch Barca(which you don't it seems imo) if they're that boring to you.

Well I do watch them, but okay. And I will watch them, but okay.

Who cares what Xavi says? How does that change anything, he lost and is bitter. Oh well. Xavi thinks it's the right way, is he a bell-end? Maybe. It's his opinion, he doesn't represent the club and you shouldn't care so much about what he says 2 minutes after a massive semifinal when he is still angry and overreacting. Just like how Mourinho says Unicef get Barca referee favours. Let's whine about that every time we mention Mourinho.

A few things here to point out:

1. Is he a bell end? Yes.

2. He doesn't represent the club? What the fuck are you talking about :lol. When he goes and does press interviews, that's representing the club. When he cries about the entire Barcelona philosophy and ethos being burnt I the ground by Elche, that's representing the club.

It's like saying if you work for Homebase and you go and shit yourself on a park bench and assault a granny while wearing your uniform, it's okay because you don't represent the company. Xavi does represent it. When people go looking for post match reaction, they won't go looking for any of your directors and CEOs. They go for the players.

3. If you think people don't mention that and don't think Mourinho's a fucking mango for doing so, then you're even more blinded than I originally thought.

What do you want Barca to do? They don't know how to play a different way, that sucks, but 98.5% of the time, that first tactic gets them the win. If long balls aren't working for a 3rd division team in a cup match vs Man Utd, you want them to just start playing Tiki Taka and pass ManUtd off the field? Impossible, they don't know how. Same thing.

Again I think you're misunderstanding the crux of my point.

Do I find Barcelona boring to watch for the majority of the time? Yes. Do I find Stoke boring to watch for the majority of the time? Yes. I watch them because I love football and a shit football match is still more entertaining than 80% of things to do on this earth.

The difference between the two is that Stoke don't preach their way is the only way and that all other ways are immoral and terrible.

To make a slightly outlandish comparison, it's the Polanski thing; do I admire his art by separating person from actions, or do I refuse to sanction it and not watch his films?

Do I ignore Rooney, John Terry and Ryan Giggs being cunts off the pitch as long as they produce it on?

Not everyone's going to say the same answers, but for me I refuse to give Polanski any of my money, and I refuse to cream in my knickers every time Rooney touches a ball because he is indeed a cunt.

Similarly, I can't separate the things Barcelona do on with a football (which I don't find overwhelmingly fucking exciting anyway) and the things they do on and off the pitch. You can because you live in a state of universality.

"Barca harangue the refs but so does everyone else here's a picture"
"Zidane said Scholes is amazing but he probably also said David May was the best player he ever saw"

"Barcelona are amazing on the pitch so they are amazing everywhere"

Wind your neck in, boo. You're becoming one of those other Barca fans.

panty

You have Alonso back at least.

Real shame with what's happening with Isco at the moment after the start he made.

4-2-1-3

Isco
Modric-Alonso

Fucken Khedira. I want to see Isco and Alonso together.

Arbecunt and Khedira on the right, a recipe for disaster.

Top Bottom