• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Wilbur

Banned
Not to take anything away from Ozil's sparkling form, but FWIW, between the Champions League and domestic leagues, Negredo has 8 goals and 3 assists in 14 apps (6 as a sub). Ozil has 5 assists and 3 goals in 12 starts.

Different roles though lets be fair, and Arsenal have been more impressive consistently.

Negredo's been fantastic though. Real top buy when I thought he was a little redundant

Clegg

Moyes dropped Young from the squad for a number of games. I'm sure he got his point across loud and clear. But the gobshite hasn't took it on board.

Suen

It happens when you support one team. :p

But, seriously, I'm not. (not directed at you) I've had it with blind bias. Just call the game like you see it, Juve dropped two points. Varane making mistakes is irrelevant, that's how the opposition scores goals, when the other team fucks up.
Varane giving you a penalty was a mistake, a stupid mistake that you deserved a goal for yes. Your second goal, while certainly deserved was because of Varane being fucking dead. It's like saying that our first goal was because we were playing great. Well no, it fucking wasn't that, it was because Juve had no fucking idea what they were doing which gave us a lucky opportunity to score a goal. There are stupid mistakes and then there are gifts given to the opposition.

Meier

Different roles though lets be fair, and Arsenal have been more impressive consistently.

Negredo's been fantastic though. Real top buy when I thought he was a little redundant

Oh yeah, I agree you can't compare them directly given their different roles. Just pointing out that the actual output of Negredo has been REALLY good in addition to the fact that the team is just plain better when he is playing. I think the same can be said about Ozil btw.

Elchele

... and Schweinsteiger was terrible too. If he doesn't step up his gane, Thiago will eat him up like Blablurn a huge Pizza. Seriously. We are playing very strange football lately. It worked against City but everything that came afterwards turned out to be crappy.

Welp :(

Schweinsteiger doesn't fit in the 4-3-3 pep is using. He's not a true DM, he's not a better CM than Kroos and he's not a better CAM than Gotze/Thiago. This is the end of his career in Bayern

panty

Hopefully we won't see 4-3-3 again. It just doesn't work.

And because there were no AMC's Benzema was shit, he did nothing. Bale was good when played on the right and Ronnie on the left.

Casillas GOAT tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Varane giving you a penalty was a mistake, a stupid mistake that you deserved a goal for yes. Your second goal, while certainly deserved was because of Varane being fucking dead. It's like saying that our first goal was because we were playing great. Well no, it fucking wasn't that, it was because Juve had no fucking idea what they were doing which gave us a lucky opportunity to score a goal. There are stupid mistakes and then there are gifts given to the opposition.

Well, yeah. But they're both not even close to the stupidity of Caceres' mistake.

This isn't the point here. These things HAPPEN.

A keeper pulling miracles from 1 yard out doesn't though. And in terms of chances created, we fucking battered Madrid from minute 1.

yORlbgh.png

I'm done.
Casillas GOAT tonight.

Why is he on the bench? Help me understand

Poor enough night of CL action besides the City and Juve games? I'm only going off the score lines here. Surprised at PSG

Really enjoying the blog Wilbz, are you taking submissions or what's the story?

Olympiakos beat Benfica? lol

It was an amazing game. Olympiakos only had 2 shots on goal. Roberto is an ex-Benfica goalkeeper who´s been always criticized for being a bit shit and even the sports newspapers made fun of him when he failed to punch the ball on a corner which led to Benfica scoring the equalizer two weeks ago. Today he gave an world class performance with 4 or 5 top quality saves.

Turok_TTZ

Benz, CR7, Bale had good games.
Our midfield needs to step up.
Varane finally has a bad game for a change.

Madrid should have won this but oh well. we still got a lot of work to do.

Blablurn

Schweinsteiger doesn't fit in the 4-3-3 pep is using. He's not a true DM, he's not a better CM than Kroos and he's not a better CAM than Gotze/Thiago. This is the end of his career in Bayern

yep, I think so too :/ I can see him going to England.

panty

Well, yeah. But they're both not even close to the stupidity of Caceres' mistake.

A keeper pulling miracles from 1 yard doesn't though. And in terms of chances created, we fucking battered Madrid from minute 1.

Because Lopez is just better, simple as that. He is consistent with awesome saves and usually the one who keeps us in the game.

Damn Juve are bottom of their group.

How'd that happen.

Good job Mancini is manager or trip to Gala would have made qualification really really tough.

Wilbur

Banned
Poor enough night of CL action besides the City and Juve games? I'm only going off the score lines here. Surprised at PSG

Really enjoying the blog Wilbz, are you taking submissions or what's the story?

Cheers. Can do! I asked a few people from different PL clubs just to write something up about their seasons so far, asked Plug to give me something on Madrid v Juve and the trials of being a two club cunt if he can, want to collect a few things like the Dwight Yorke article from different people about why they love football. Essentially if you want to write about absolutely anything at all, I'll put it up!

Suen

A keeper pulling miracles from 1 yard out doesn't though. And in terms of chances created, we fucking battered Madrid from minute 1.

yORlbgh.png

I'm done.

You're using stats to prove something to me that I haven't even denied let alone mentioned. Jog on will you.

Olympiakos beat Benfica? lol
I wonder if Lambda has any excitement at all about being in CL when he knows he'll be in EL every following year.

Timu what happened to PSG?

Madrid-GAF I blame our problems today on Benz, 4-3-3 and most of all on our ugly kit.

City-GAF, you should have bought Isco. I feel really sorry for him, by the time the season is over he'll have turned into a rotten corpse.

After apppeal UEFA took back Witsel's suspension for tomorrow's game against Porto. YES! Rejoice Lambda, Witsel will help us crush Porto with his Benfica DNA.

Arnie

Lol at Kermit's comment on Arnie's article.

He's kind of right though. It's awkwardly written. I was cobbling it together in bits using various different iPads. Started it after a few glasses of champagne, too. Happy that a few liked it, but I'm not particularly proud of it.

Meier

dc, after Clichy's latest fuck-up, I think it's time we go back to the Sevilla well and sign Alberto Moreno. Talk to your dad and have him pass along the word to someone who can then pass it on to Txiki.

Chicha brought his Mexico form to this game. Shame as he was playing well before then in terms of link up play. He put in a Welbeck performance and should be ashamed of himself.

Bring on Adnan

Suen

What the fuck are you/we arguing about then?! I'm genuinely confused.
Again, based on our goals and the few other chances we created I think we deserved one pity point as much as we deserved to lose. I'm sorry for not jerking my dick off as I ejaculate and moan loudly how Juve dominated Madrid and should have gotten 100000 points and won the CL for the next 100 years. I don't fucking care how good Juve played and outplayed us. I'm saying what Madrid deserved from THEIR mostly shitty play.

Fuck I can't take it, you're annoying. Good night footy-GAF.

Damn Juve are bottom of their group.

How'd that happen.

Good job Mancini is manager or trip to Gala would have made qualification really really tough.
They are just having bad luck. Should have won both games against Madrid imo.

Top Bottom