• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Arnie

That miss from the little bean-head is outrageous.

As punishment Moyes should make him sit next to Cleverley on the return flight.

Timurid

BYVT8VqCMAA0IXI.png:large

Clegg

If Moyes wanted to show some bollocks, he'd play Kagawa at 10, Rooney on the left and Adnan on the right against Arsenal.

We'd score at least a couple. Probably concede just as many though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Again, based on our goals and the few other chances we created I think we deserved one pity point as much as we deserved to lose. I'm sorry for not jerking my dick off as I ejaculate and moan loudly how Juve dominated Madrid and should have gotten 100000 points and won the CL for the next 100 years. I don't fucking care how good Juve played and outplayed us. I'm saying what Madrid deserved from THEIR mostly shitty play.

Fuck I can't take it, you're annoying. Good night footy-GAF.

I love everything about this post <3
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Cuth

Most Juve players are still lacking energy compared to their best periods of last year and the one before. They used to do lots of pressing for almost the whole 90 minutes, now they manage to do so for about half the match.
At least it's an improvement compared to how they played in the past months, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see them reach that level this season.

Thinking about this, the concept of "Caceres costed them the match" is difficult to accept for me because the "best Juve" I'm thinking about just improved the pressing efforts after taking a goal, not the opposite like they've done today, even more so if they were losing.

Also, I remember watching a game with my dad about 1,5 years ago (this doesn't happen often) and, seeing a Juve player throwing in the ball without wasting a single second in the last minutes of a match to start a new offensive play, he said something like "they're winning with a single goal advantage and the match is almost finished, why they don't waste some time?". I just smiled, thinking he was not used to see how Juve was playing in that period.

L1NETT

Don't you think Rooney is nowhere near as effective out on the left? Or just me.

With Rvp and Rooney firing you can beat anyone on your day, just the rest of them you need to worry about.

Meier

Pellegrini says Silva and Ferna both had a "small problem" and the doctor will determine if it's anything of note. Sure hope not! At least the international break will give them some time to rest up in a worst case scenario.

Clegg

Don't you think Rooney is nowhere near as effective out on the left? Or just me.

With Rvp and Rooney firing you can beat anyone on your day, just the rest of them you need to worry about.
Rooney is probably better on the left than Young and Kagawa. Shinji is definite quality in the middle too. It would be the beat use of the players we have imo. Probably unwise to try it against Arsenal, but I'd like to see that formation at least once this season.

"I have seen it and the boy certainly tugs [Young] in the box. The referee is two yards away from it and decided to give it."

"The referee made decisions all night, and he is the one who saw fit to award pen and send a player off."

Is Moyes saying it was a penalty or it wasn't? ITV's interview was pony, got nothing from that either.

Arnie

"I have seen it and the boy certainly tugs [Young] in the box. The referee is two yards away from it and decided to give it."

"The referee made decisions all night, and he is the one who saw fit to award pen and send a player off."

Is Moyes saying it was a penalty or it wasn't? ITV's interview was pony, got nothing from that either.

Having no real evidence to back my prejudice up I'd say Moyes is legitimising the dive there.

the fucking cunt

david-moyes.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Most Juve players are still lacking energy compared to their best periods of last year and the one before. They used to do lots of pressing for almost the whole 90 minutes, now they manage to do so for about half the match.
At least it's an improvement compared to how they played in the past months, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see them reach that level this season.

The sad truth. :(

Some players are lacking grinta this season. One goal up to Madrid, there was no reason to relax.

But to be fair to them, it was a tough month in terms of fixtures.

L1NETT

As much as you lot hate him, Rooney has been pretty top this season. Not out of this world, but damn good.

And sticking him out left is a waste. You play your best players where they are best, not compensating by playing people who aren't in form in his spot.

But whatevs, still think arsenal will bum you lot on Saturday unless Rvp turns up.

phaze

Dear me, wasn't aware of Juve's table situation. Still if they win both games they'll advance. They looked pretty great in the first half of Real game.

Clegg

Completely off topic, but I was having a chat with a few mates from uni today about Harry Potter. We've come to the conclusion that he's the biggest fuck up to ever exist in all of fiction. Internationally famous for defeating a dark lord when he was a baby, beats him multiple times as a young teenager, is Triwizard champion, reasonably handsome and best sportsman in any year.

Yet he never got any while at school, the gobshite.

As much as you lot hate him, Rooney has been pretty top this season. Not out of this world, but damn good.

And sticking him out left is a waste. You play your best players where they are best, not compensating by playing people who aren't in form in his spot.

But whatevs, still think arsenal will bum you lot on Saturday unless Rvp turns up.

RVP won't even be in the game unless our midfield turns up. Need Carrick back and playing well and need our wingers to be effective on the ball to get it to RVP.

K1LLER7

I'd like to see Moyes try it with Rooney left and Shinji through the middle. See how it works out.

Adnan should start most games. Team plays a lot better with him playing. He brings a sort of unpredictability to our game which has been missing.

We still need to sort the midfield out.

dc89

dc, after Clichy's latest fuck-up, I think it's time we go back to the Sevilla well and sign Alberto Moreno. Talk to your dad and have him pass along the word to someone who can then pass it on to Txiki.

Ok :lol

---

Jamie Carragher just called Aguero the best striker in the world.

Arnie

Completely off topic, but I was having a chat with a few mates from uni today about Harry Potter. We've come to the conclusion that he's the biggest fuck up to ever exist in all of fiction. Internationally famous for defeating a dark lord when he was a baby, beats him multiple times as a young teenager, is Triwizard champion, reasonably handsome and best sportsman in any year.

And he played the hero role in Quidditch.

Team's getting battered, down by 300 points, who gives a shit Harry's just swallowed the golden testicle by accident.

Yet nobody put their mouth near his testes, did they.

Because he's a fucking twat.

First thing Moyes needs to do is stop playing Smalling at RB.

Please just stop.

Rooney can't be dropped or moved from his position right now. Playing well. Not a fan of him and his style of play at #10 at all but with so many other players playing shit it really doesn't make sense to move one of the few doing well.

Cho Chang and Ginny Weasley bruv

Clegg

Fellaini needs to put in tonight's kind of performance for every game until the end of the season. Minus the sending off ofc. Not a creative player but he put in a good shift defensively.

Clegg

Cho Chang and Ginny Weasley bruv
Cho was vulnerable, crying all over him, mistletoe above and all he got was a 10 second lip lock; the massive fanny that he is.

He spent more time wanking over Ginny than actually doing anything about getting her. Dean Thomas got more from Ginny than he did. Dean fuckimg Thomas.

Ron had his shit together tho.

Who dat?

Cho was vulnerable, crying all over him, mistletoe above and all he got was a 10 second lip lock; the massive fanny that he is.

He spent more time wanking over Ginny than actually doing anything about getting her. Dean Thomas got more from Ginny than he did. Dean fuckimg Thomas.

Ron had his shit together tho.

I always assumed that Harry gave Cho a good bumming at the Christmas DA meeting, there's a time lapse between the mistletoe and Harry getting back to the Gryffindor common room

Top Bottom