• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Arnie

Fucking hell there are full on fireworks being fired around the park by my house. Kids just firing them at everyone and everything. The large cauliflowering ones an' all.

Slizz

B0itJiS.jpg

YiF5QyK.jpg

Clegg

Everyone go to that Thor 2 premiere thread and look for zombiebbq's post in response to my earlier one. Around post 50 or so.

Zabojnik

Thank you Wooden, thank you glorious Kbnhvn! Keeping us in the game. <3

Most Juve players are still lacking energy compared to their best periods of last year and the one before. [...] Also, I remember watching a game with my dad about 1,5 years ago (this doesn't happen often) and, seeing a Juve player throwing in the ball without wasting a single second in the last minutes of a match to start a new offensive play, he said something like "they're winning with a single goal advantage and the match is almost finished, why they don't waste some time?". I just smiled, thinking he was not used to see how Juve was playing in that period.

That's a keen observation. We started slow this season, no doubt about it, and it almost fucked us in CL. Maybe it did, we'll see. You have to take a few things into account though. Some of our players, like Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Lichtsteiner, have been playing with their foot on the gas for two seasons straight now. European Cup and the fucking Conferedations Cup included. Pirlo isn't getting any younger either. A dip in form / intensity / mentality had to be expected after two scudettos in a row. We've also had a pretty damn tough calendar up until now, playing every three days, and we're not over the hump yet. Juve - Napoli is four days away.

We needed to bring in fresh blood this summer, we didn't, not really. Thank Moses for Tevez.

I will not accept this kind of attitude from a goddamn turncloak. Get bent, Fry.

Fry

You know I'm never serious. <3 What's up with you rooting for Liverpool and ignoring Bayern though?

I couldn't follow two teams anymore even if I tried.

Got a little tired of football also. I don't have the urge of watching it or following scores anymore like before. I have other interests in my life now that I feel are more important.

Thank you Wooden, thank you glorious Kbnhvn! Keeping us in the game. <3

No problem. But please understand, we're beating Madrid B on the last day, after Madrid are already through with a win against Gala. Meanwhile Gala will beat you. It all makes sense, we're through.

Elchele

I couldn't follow two teams anymore even if I tried.

Got a little tired of football also. I don't have the urge of watching it or following scores anymore like before. I have other interests in my life now that I feel are more important.

you're dead inside.

like Pep's Bayern

Kenka

Thor 2 is a disappointing movie. Not even Hiddleton can save it from mediocrity and that's pretty telling.

Also :

Code:
Hildebrand - Uchida, Höwedes, 
Matip, Fuchs - Neustädter, Aogo -      
Boateng, Meyer, Draxler - Szalai

You see Schalke's problem ? The defensive midfield and side defenders are simple not first class.
I wish Schalke had spent money on a guy like Jantschke or Fabian Johnson to strengthen their backline instead of splashing money on renewed contracts for Huntelaar and hiring Boateng. At least they are making outstanding efforts to reduce their debt, and that's good.

Zabojnik

No problem. But please understand, we're beating Madrid B on the last day, after Madrid are already through with a win against Gala. Meanwhile Gala will beat you. It all makes sense, we're through.

That might actually be preferable to playing in EL. Well, maybe not, but it's a close call. I'd much rather see Kbnhnv advance than Galatasaray, that's for sure.

Wilbur

Banned
Thor 2 is a disappointing movie. Not even Hiddleton can save it from mediocrity and that's pretty telling.

Also :

Code:
Hildebrand - Uchida, Höwedes, 
Matip, Fuchs - Neustädter, Aogo -      
Boateng, Meyer, Draxler - Szalai

You see Schalke's problem ? The defensive midfield and side defenders are simple not first class.
I wish Schalke had spent money on a guy like Jantschke or Fabian Johnson to strengthen their backline instead of splashing money on renewed contracts for Huntelaar and hiring Boateng. At least they are making outstanding efforts to reduce their debt, and that's good.

I will never get the Hiddlestone love. Good actor but Loki's just... there. He gets all the best lines but all the lines are mediocre so it doesn't matter. Hemsworth > Hiddlestone.

gonna watch the shining
best movie ever
hu wntz 2 live blog

Zabojnik

Zabo, u enjoying Homeland now?

Its been pretty good.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. S3 is really solid. Not S1 levels of good, but miles above S2. Not feeling the Dana drama though. And the shows needs more Morena Baccarin sex scenes. Is she pregnant or something? Dem bewbs seem bigger this season, somehow.

Clegg

I will never get the Hiddlestone love. Good actor but Loki's just... there. He gets all the best lines but all the lines are mediocre so it doesn't matter. Hemsworth > Hiddlestone.

gonna watch the shining
best movie ever
hu wntz 2 live blog
Don't know if you're into his books, but King has written a sequel to the Shining. Came out a few weeks ago.

Fry

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. S3 is really solid. Not S1 levels of good, but miles above S2. Not feeling the Dana drama though. And th shows needs more Morena Baccarin sex scenes.

Yep!

Morena is looking weird though. Her face looks fat.

I think she might be pregnant. :p

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't 'drop' it, but I won't cheer for victory if I'm not watching. I'm not a glory hunter.

i am

heresmoyesy8uolx.gif

Best superhero movie this year?

The wolverine. (Aside from the last bit)

Bring it.

Iron Man 3 by a country fucking mile. Legitimately the only Marvel movie so far to be anything above a 5/10

that shit was hilarious

Don't know if you're into his books, but King has written a sequel to the Shining. Came out a few weeks ago.

Reading is for squares

don't have time to read anything other than uni books unfortunately lol. I'll read it one day. I like some of his books, but movie Shining > book Shining. He's given far more credit than he deserves

If I had to get rid of one of Liverpool and Bayern to run my Slim Shady geocities web page full time, I would probably still have picked to get rid of Liverpool. Yet again poor taste strikes from melo.

Edit : auto corrected geocities to genocide, sending a message i think.

Wilbur

Banned
If I had to get rid of one of Liverpool and Bayern to run my Slim Shady genocide web page full time, I would probably still have picked to get rid of Liverpool. Yet again poor taste strikes from melo.

hahahahaha

serious though I think Fry u made the wrong choice

Django will soon be chained. Calvin Candie will soon be on his way to Norf London.

Meanwhile Pep will reinvent football with something that I've heard Hispanics like to call tikky tacka

Top Bottom