• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Wilbur

Banned
loooooool dean you sperm get out

GP3gG.gif

Wilbur

Banned
GP3gG.gif

i cant stop laughing

thats genuinely one of the best gifs i've ever seen

fuck link is such a cunt

try putting on some real trousers you absolute grape

Clegg

If a British or Irish politician admitted to smoking crack cocaine, I imagine he or she would immediately stand down from office. Blows my mind that Rob Ford won't resign and is still going to run for reelection.

Elchele

If a British or Irish politician admitted to smoking crack cocaine, I imagine he or she would immediately stand down from office. Bloews my mind that Rob Ford won't resign and is still going to run for reelection.

Didn't know Canada politics were so fucked up. -1 respect
really the worst kind of people came to this continent

Elchele

I have an honest question, would you vote for somebody like him (before this whole mess)?
I wouldn't vote for someone that looks like him, disgusting fat. I mean, he can't even take care of himself, why would I trust him the whole city?

Cuth

That's a keen observation. We started slow this season, no doubt about it, and it almost fucked us in CL. Maybe it did, we'll see. You have to take a few things into account though. Some of our players, like Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Lichtsteiner, have been playing with their foot on the gas for two seasons straight now. European Cup and the fucking Conferedations Cup included. Pirlo isn't getting any younger either. A dip in form / intensity / mentality had to be expected after two scudettos in a row. We've also had a pretty damn tough calendar up until now, playing every three days, and we're not over the hump yet. Juve - Napoli is four days away.

We needed to bring in fresh blood this summer, we didn't, not really. Thank Moses for Tevez.
Right. This is why I fear we won't ever see Juve in top form this season, several players seem to need some time to rest, but of course that's not possibile now.

A more optimistic view is that the training workloads are studied to have them reach the top form in the middle of the season, it's somewhat difficult to believe (and it could be too late for the CL), but the fact that lately they seem to have improved compared to the past months gives me some hope.

I went to order a new phone today and was going to get a Xperia Z1 but then saw a Z1 Ultra and thought that sounds cool and ordered it without really researching....turns out it is fucking huge. I was expecting Galaxy Note big not.....

sonymain_0.jpg

Super hyped now. I am going to look like such a dick.

I've seen pics of Bla in China and the skies looked blue! Also know quite a few from my college going there and liking it. As the guy in the comments says, don't trust shit journalism if you can even call reposting stupid facebook status updates being shared like that as journalism.

"While China's smog is bad in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai, many cities like Dalian do not have such problems. Having lived in China for 12 years and spending much time in both severely polluted, relatively smog free and pristine locations, I can tell you factually that the entire country is not like the picture. As an example, in 2001, The United Nations Environment Programme awarded the Dalian Municipal Government for its outstanding contributions to the protection of the environment

China accounts for 23.5% of global emissions with 1.2 billion people. America accounts for 18.27% of global emissions with 1/4 the number of people. Perhaps a closer look at home is warranted instead of painting and entire country as if it was one location.

Additionally, it is very clear that the "billboard" is PhotoShopped"

He is however wrong about the photoshop part, it's a real screen but not exactly there to show blue skies either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvHCI3GLtMI#t=10

Elchele

Wooden, it's clear is shit "journalism", but it was kind of funny. I expected better from you.

Bla obviously photoshopped all his china photos, he's one of them already.

Yen

I went to order a new phone today and was going to get a Xperia Z1 but then saw a Z1 Ultra and thought that sounds cool and ordered it without really researching....turns out it is fucking huge. I was expecting Galaxy Note big not.....

sonymain_0.jpg

Have seen that before, brilliant and seemingly a very god phone, but it is absurd.

K1LLER7

Nothing wrong with big phones (Unless you wear skinny jeans :p)

Took a while to get used to, but I prefer my Note 2 screen size now. Most other phone screens just look too small lol.

Fry

s
My contract ends in January, debating between the Lumia 1520 and the Note 3, the S-Pen looks fantastic! Need a proper phone from now on.

Note 3 is the best phone in the market. Go for it.

I don't think most of you know but I work for a company that works for Samsung. I get to see all the phones in my hands. It's pretty fucking cool.

Carbonox

I can upgrade my phone now. Deciding whether or not to get a fancy shmancy new phone (I have an iPhone 4 currently so I'm probably so behind on the latest tech where phones are concerned) or just get the contract price cut (it's currently £35).

What are the best phones available right now? Bearing in mind I have no intention of increasing my monthly payment... I'd prefer to keep it at around £35 or lower it.

Possibly - to be honest I am easily swayed by most electronics in person so whatever phone I see in store will probably be the one I get...

Note 3/Lumia 1520/LG G2 are my top contenders at the moment.
The alternative is to stick with my Lumia 800 till the summer for the best deals and latest stuff for when I'm looking to hopefully start University next September.

Elchele

Possibly - to be honest I am easily swayed by most electronics in person so whatever phone I see in store will probably the one I get...

The alternative is to stick it up with my Lumia 800 till the summer for the best deals and latest stuff for when I'm looking to hopefully start University next September.

I would get a Nexus 5 if I were you. Or a Moto X if you like smaller phones.
Android without the Samsung/HTC-BS.

Nothing wrong with big phones (Unless you wear skinny jeans :p)

Took a while to get used to, but I prefer my Note 2 screen size now. Most other phone screens just look too small lol.

I was going to get a Note 3(?) but decided to get a Z1 when I saw my sisters. When I saw an Ultra one was available I had to get it cause it must be better right? 6.4" screen is slightly ridiculous but I am really excited to try it.

Probably just going to get one of these in the end.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EI4FMHA/

kharma45

Possibly - to be honest I am easily swayed by most electronics in person so whatever phone I see in store will probably be the one I get...

The alternative is to stick with my Lumia 800 till the summer for the best deals and latest stuff for when I'm looking to hopefully start University next September.

Note 3 is pretty awesome, 1520 should be but is a tad too big for me to not have stylus support. I hope that the Lumia 920/925 successor will be essentially the Lumia 929 Verizon is getting.

If I was a person looking for a new phone, I'd get S4 Zoom. It's pretty fucking awesome.

No, it's not. It's a fucking stupid idea for a phone.

If you want a proper camera then the 1020 trounces it.

Zabojnik

Samsung Galaxy S1 'til I die. Or the phone does.

A more optimistic view is that the training workloads are studied to have them reach the top form in the middle of the season, it's somewhat difficult to believe (and it could be too late for the CL), but the fact that lately they seem to have improved compared to the past months gives me some hope.

That's my hope as well, but it's going to be hard to judge if we'll keep playing every three days.

I would get a Nexus 5 if I were you. Or a Moto X if you like smaller phones.
Android without the Samsung/HTC-BS.

The Nexus 5 looks as sleek as a panther. Definitely one of my top picks if I don't go for a bigger screen.

Note 3 is pretty awesome, 1520 should be but is a tad too big for me to not have stylus support. I hope that the Lumia 920/925 successor will be essentially the Lumia 929

The stylus is a major factor for me. I have always wanted a stylus on a phone - so nifty! I definitely want to feel one in person to make sure it isn't too big, though. I am tempted by the 1520 but a part of me wants out of Windows Phone, even though I think its lovely. I just need to get more out of my expensive as hell device. Also, to be frank - the screen and the aesthetics are my main priorities. The Note looks fantastic! Hoping that even when they announce the Note 4 in the middle of next year, the Note 3 (if that is indeed what I get) will still feel powerful and zippy enough, since I can see how a phone of that kind can become sluggish pretty quickly. Does anyone in here have a Note 3, by the way?

Top Bottom