• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Meier

On this Champions League knockout qualification day, my Nastasic shirt arrived. Looks and feels awesome. Maybe not $85 awesome but #YOLO.

faridmon

I have bought it when it came out 7 years ago and still rocking with this sexy phone

nokia-7210-supernova.jpg

The day it dies on me, the day I become a broken man. I have become too attached to this little thing. Never owned another phone beside it.

Fuck Smartphone.

GorillaJu

I'm starting to finally understand why people enjoy FM so much. But holy hell there is just so much to do in this game I can't keep track of it all.

Will Hughes is incredible. He can play nearly any position in the middle of the pitch. I have him as a Regista right now because my normal guy is injured and he's rocking it

Wilbur

Banned
I'm starting to finally understand why people enjoy FM so much. But holy hell there is just so much to do in this game I can't keep track of it all.

Will Hughes is incredible. He can play nearly any position in the middle of the pitch. I have him as a Regista right now because my normal guy is injured and he's rocking it

It's so much easier being an international manager :lol. Just wait to get your boys every two months or so, don't have to deal with training or rotation or match fitness.

Getting a bit bored now though, will leave after the Euro 2016 if I qualify. I want dat high profile Championship job

Meier

It's an amazing and ridiculously deep game and it really forces you to get to know all the best young talents in the world. I love it. That you can play it and only half pay attention much of the time which allows you to multi-task is a beautiful side effect.

GorillaJu

It's so much easier being an international manager :lol. Just wait to get your boys every two months or so, don't have to deal with training or rotation or match fitness.

Getting a bit bored now though, will leave after the Euro 2016 if I qualify. I want dat high profile Championship job

Lol it's probably be an easier start.

It's hard finding staff. I'm trying to find coaches who fit my style of play (4-5-1 with two DMs) but also have good attributes, and don't cost an arm and a leg. It's a challenge

Wilbur

Banned
Just got the Wednesday job after Dave Jones left in Nov 2014. They're fifth right now. I can do dis. Not leaving Ireland just yet either tee hee.

GorillaJu

Just got the Wednesday job after Dave Jones left in Nov 2014. They're fifth right now. I can do dis. Not leaving Ireland just yet either tee hee.

I just saw your tweet replying to my PL Best XI post.

I don't think Boruc is that amazing I think it's Lovren and Schneiderlin that makes Southampton so defensively solid right now (among others) and we both included them in our lists iirc

Wilbur

Banned
I just saw your tweet replying to my PL Best XI post.

I don't think Boruc is that amazing I think it's Lovren and Schneiderlin that makes Southampton so defensively solid right now (among others) and we both included them in our lists iirc

Think he's made some absolute dynamite saves this season, but I think I'd jig it about a bit, off the top of my head:

Szczesny; Clyne, Lovren, Vertonghen, Gibbs; Ramsey, Schneiderlin; Rodriguez, Oscar, Aguero; Sturridge

GorillaJu

Think he's made some absolute dynamite saves this season, but I think I'd jig it about a bit, off the top of my head:

Szczesny; Clyne, Lovren, Vertonghen, Gibbs; Ramsey, Schneiderlin; Rodriguez, Oscar, Aguero; Sturridge

Like your whole team is Southampton!

I had Gerrard in my midfield but after last week his weaknesses are too apparent.

I guess I don't rate Oscar as much as others because I feel like every time I watch Chelsea I see him at fault for loss of possession and created chances for the opposition. Hazard however is constantly a threat. Yaya Toure has been in pretty great form so far, maybe I'd do Toure, Ramsey and Schneiderlin.

Agüero and Sturridge are no brainers. RVP has been in fine form too it's just he hasn't been the most impressive.

Wilbur

Banned
Like your whole team is Southampton!

I had Gerrard in my midfield but after last week his weaknesses are too apparent.

I guess I don't rate Oscar as much as others because I feel like every time I watch Chelsea I see him at fault for loss of possession and created chances for the opposition. Hazard however is constantly a threat. Yaya Toure has been in pretty great form so far, maybe I'd do Toure, Ramsey and Schneiderlin.

Agüero and Sturridge are no brainers. RVP has been in fine form too it's just he hasn't been the most impressive.

They have been very very impressive whenever I've watched them; said it a few times but I get serious Dortmund vibes.

Toure would be a very good shout, forgot about him. Probably would have him instead of Oscar to be honest. Hazard's been very quiet this year for the most part.

Lightning

Banned
They have been very very impressive whenever I've watched them; said it a few times but I get serious Dortmund vibes.

Toure would be a very good shout, forgot about him. Probably would have him instead of Oscar to be honest. Hazard's been very quiet this year for the most part.
Defensively Southampton are outstanding and have very good players. I am not so convinced about their attacking players though nor their ability to breakdown stubborn defences.

Salazar

Very real. Also very real that Sociedad are not up to CL football and hopefully the 4th team from Spain to qualify next season has a back bone.

As shameful as Young was, Sociedad players falling into 50-50s with Fellaini and acting surprised that it hurts when the fucker bangs into you - lol. Go back to your Iberian bubble-leage, jokers.

OYSbJOg.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Loooool Vidal <3

Right. This is why I fear we won't ever see Juve in top form this season, several players seem to need some time to rest, but of course that's not possibile now.

A more optimistic view is that the training workloads are studied to have them reach the top form in the middle of the season, it's somewhat difficult to believe (and it could be too late for the CL), but the fact that lately they seem to have improved compared to the past months gives me some hope.

That's my hope as well, but it's going to be hard to judge if we'll keep playing every three days.

Conte did say there's an element of science behind his training methods and rotation policy. We gradually improved last season both in the league and in Europe so let's hope this is the case again.

I'm optimistic about our chances! Our fate is in our own hands again and four points is manageable. Hell, even if they both defeat Madrid we can still make it.

Balo fit/starting?

any idea what the starting line up might/will be?

According to Marca:

-----------------Abbiati-----------------

Abate---Mexes---Zapata---Constant

De Jong------Montolivo------Muntari

Kakà----------Balotelli----------Birsa

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

-----------------Abbiati-----------------

Abate---Mexes---Zapata---Constant

Poli---Montolivo---De Jong---Muntari

------------------Kakà-------------------

----------------Balotelli-----------------

I hope Allegri goes with the Gazzetta one, but in the end it won't change a lot, we're still getting hammered tonight. Still, a lot of people seem sure that we're going to do a great match tonight and maybe even draw, but I honestly don't see that possible, especially considering how bad we played seven months ago in Barcelona.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte FINALLY changed his tone..

“We proved on the pitch that the difference in economic strength between the clubs was really not that visible.

“We reached the Champions League quarter-finals last season and are still alive now, which is what counts. We need to continue playing with this intensity against anyone, including Real Madrid.

“After last year’s valuable experience, I am convinced that if we get through the group phase then we can have our say in the Champions League. We have a gap with European powerhouses like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, particularly one of experience.

“We emerge fortified from this match. We have to realise that regardless of the financial situation, we do our talking on the pitch

Marry is pleased.

@TheLucifer: An attacking 4-3-3 away to Barca seems like a bad idea!

Zabojnik

match_esultanza_cover.jpg

buff_big.jpg

contebig.jpg

pogb_real_big.jpg

llorenterealbig.jpg

I'm optimistic about our chances! Our fate is in our own hands again and four points is manageable. Hell, even if they both defeat Madrid we can still make it.

Yeah, we're masters of our destiny. The calendar looks quite managable as well.

10 novembre 2013 20:45 Serie A TIM <---> Juventus - Napoli
24 novembre 2013 15:00 Serie A TIM <---> Livorno - Juventus
27 novembre 2013 20:45 UEFA CL <---> Juventus - København
01 dicembre 2013 20:45 Serie A TIM <---> Juventus - Udinese
06 dicembre 2013 20:45 Serie A TIM <---> Bologna - Juventus
10 dicembre 2013 20:45 UEFA CL <---> Galatasaray - Juventus
14 dicembre 2013 20:45 Serie A TIM <---> Juventus - Sassuolo
22 dicembre 2013 15:00 Serie A TIM <---> Atalanta - Juventus

@TheLucifer: An attacking 4-3-3 away to Barca seems like a bad idea!

Any formation with Zapata vs Barça seems a bad idea to begin with. Anyway, I agree, the 4-4-1-1 seems much better, Poli showed everybody that he's actually good and Allegri should use him more. I don't know if I should get my hopes up for Kakà, I feel like he could be decisive tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba was out of this world last night. Fucker is fearless, it's impossible not to like him.

And God knows I've TRIED.

Please qualify 2nd and draw United and spank them hard.

I want United more than anyone in this world. But purely for nostalgic reasons. <3

Let's settle this once and for all ->

Juventus vs United
Matches:12
Wins:5
Drawn:2
Losses:5
Goals for:15
Goals against:15
Goals difference :0
The biggest win: 3:0
The biggest loss:0:3

The most resultative match:2:3
The most resultative draw:1:1

Manchester United vs Juve
Matches:12
Wins :5
Drawn:2
Losses:5
Goals for:15
Goals against:15
Goals difference :0
The biggest win:3:0
The biggest loss :0:3
The most resultative match: 3:2
The most resultative draw: 1:1

Clegg

We really should've spanked Sociedad last night. Would've made qualification so much easier. We can still go through if we beat Leverkusen away,but that's a very tough game.

Salazar

We really should've spanked Sociedad last night. Would've made qualification so much easier. We can still go through if we beat Leverkusen away,but that's a very tough game.

Aye.

Fellaini wasn't crap, which is a level up.

It's fucking perplexing that Kagawa gets so much stick (though he has played many guff passes recently) for cutting in from the left. At least he tends to do it with some kind of decisiveness.

Young trots in at a gentle diagonal. No pressure on the fullbacks. No need for the centrebacks to pull over, push up or drop deeper, or really concern themselves in any degree. Fucking run to the flag once in a while. It's not complicated, but you know what ? It fucking works. They chase you. At the very least, they worry about you getting round the outside.

Shit, Adnan could (unlike Young) stand players up with footwork, but you know what he does more often than not ? He legs it down the line. Because it's so painfully obvious that it helps the fucking team.

Blablurn

Raphael Honigstein &#8207;@honigstein 3s

Lewandowski in @SPORTBILD: "I will reveal my decision next year. Nobody needs to contact me anymore". #Bayern #surprisesurprise

Top Bottom