• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Suen

Conte FINALLY changed his tone..

Marry is pleased.

@TheLucifer: An attacking 4-3-3 away to Barca seems like a bad idea!
Dortmund proved Conte's point pretty well last season. Economic strength means shit if you can't work as a team. Even moreso with Madrid who has a tendency of buying the "big stars" regardless if the squad needs them or not. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Salazar

Posted without comment but with the unflinching insinuation that most City fans are unacceptable berks:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYYa69wCUAA8nT8.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can't be easy being categorically, almost drastically, and (notwithstanding that Russian surgery that involves breaking and resetting leg bones) permanently the little bloke.

GorillaJu

Yurt said:
tumblr_mvt8cn1K6r1s8z5rho1_500.gif

"Hey how's my new cologne? Do you smell that?"

"Wow, that's pretty good!"

"I know, right?"

Showaddy

Surely we can beat Sheriff at home with Friedel in goal? He's got his weaknesses but if we can beat Villa 4-0 with him then we can beat these Moldovan nobodies.

I dunno their wingers were pretty damn good against us away and they shredded our high line more than a few times. With Brad rooted to his line they'll surely get a goal or two this time.

Call me pessimistic but I'm not exactly confident about us scoring goals if we concede either.

Elchele

Pep likes him. I don't see him leave.
Lewa may not be that much welcome to Baaaaaaaaayern anymore.

Pep likes Mandzukic? I getting the exact opposite vibe.

He's always trying to replace Mandzukic in the starting XI, with Gotze or Mueller, and it always fails :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I dunno their wingers were pretty damn good against us away and they shredded our high line more than a few times. With Brad rooted to his line they'll surely get a goal or two this time.

Call me pessimistic but I'm not exactly confident about us scoring goals if we concede either.

Eh, we've scored at least two goals in every cup match this season. Sheriff were quite good in the away match but the atmosphere will be totally different this time.

Showaddy

Eh, we've scored at least two goals in every cup match this season. Sheriff were quite good in the away match but the atmosphere will be totally different this time.

Yeah you're probably right, It's only Sheriff at the end of the day but our last few attacking performances have just killed my general sense of optimism.

bjaelke

Microsoft confirm Bernabeu talks
Microsoft have confirmed that they are in talks with Real Madrid over naming rights for the Santiago Bernabeu.

The American computer company were speculated at the end of last month as in preliminary talks with Los Blancos to sponsor the planned renovation of their stadium.

Today saw the head of Microsoft’s Spanish division confirm that rumoured talks were underway.

“We are talking,” Maria Garana has responded on Antena 3.

“We have an excellent relationship with Real Madrid and in fact recently we signed an agreement with its [charity, Real Madrid] foundation.

“They have proposed to us, and to other companies, renaming the stadium, but we are only talking about this possibility.”

Emirates Airlines are also rumoured to be in negotiations with Real Madrid over naming rights for the Bernabeu.
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu Microsoft
Microsoft Surface Bernabeu
Estadio Zune

i'm losing a bit of interest in football. yesterday i got home from the meeting in time to watch Benfica but i couldn't be arsed, went out, ate in a restaurant.

i should be rubbing my hands at the tought of Porto getting embarassed in Russia today but honestly i can't seem to care at all. same for Arsenal getting plugged from behind by the krauts.

if i don't show up as much, you'll know why.

Messi

I read that. Strangely it wasn't all in French.

Nice reference to Ozil though.

Maybe if you hadn't ate that kit kat it would fit you m8

Oh that hurt :(

i'm losing a bit of interest in football. yesterday i got home from the meeting in time to watch Benfica but i couldn't be arsed, went out, ate in a restaurant.

i should be rubbing my hands at the tought of Porto getting embarassed in Russia today but honestly i can't seem to care at all. same for Arsenal getting plugged from behind by the krauts.

Me too

Seems like Juventus are also interested in Wiliam Carvalho along with United:

According to reports in Portugal Italian giants Juventus have upped their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho. The youngster has been monitored by Manchester United over the past year but after a number of impressive performances this season the player has now caught the attention of the Serie A club.

O Jogo have reported that Juventus travelled to Portugal at the weekend to watch Carvalho in Sporting Lisbon’s 3-2 victory over Maritimo. The youngster has built up his reputation this season after spending a year out on loan in Belgium which hasn’t gone unnoticed by the Italian champions. Juventus want to know everything about Carvalho which goes beyond the usual scouting of a player. They sent a delegation to Lisbon to get information about Carvalho on the pitch and off it. Last month Juventus also sent representatives to watch the defensive midfielder in a Portugal U21 international game.

Since returning from his loan spell at Cercle Brugge Calvalho has cemented his place in the Sporting Lisbon first team. He has already been labelled as the new Patrick Vieira for his commanding performances during this campaign and there have been calls to fast track him into the full Portuguese squad. Carvalho is contracted to Sporting Lisbon until 2018 after signing a new contract in the summer and he comes with a €45m buyout clause.

Also present on Saturday at the game were Manchester United who have been tracking Carvalho since his loan spell in Belgium last season. Like Juventus they have increased their interest in the player after his start to the season and have regularly attended Sporting Lisbon games since he returned to Portugal.

The Portuguese club are currently massively in debt and may need to sell the youngster to balance the books. Sporting Lisbon will not want to sell one of their prized assets but both Manchester United and Juventus could test the resolve of the club with a tempting offer which is likely to be well below the termination fee.

Excite! If Juve are interested in a CM that's a seal of approval you can take to the bank. Get 'im Moyes!

Suen

I've cut on the amount of football I watch as well recently. I suppose we all have those periods where we just lose interest in some stuff. I lost interest in football for years and didn't bother following it so much (watched 2-3 games every two months and sometimes CL/EL games here and there). Funny enough this was in the period when the clubs I follow were winning trophies :lol.

I guess the best thing to do is to take a break and enjoy doing other things in life you miss out on, especially when you follow a team that is EL-bound every year.

<3

I'll be disappointed if Real sell the stadiums name. Don't do it Perez.

The Samsung Siro

The iNouCamp Pro

Top Bottom