• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

A little I suppose. Although he's been fine back at Dortmund. Maybe just accept Klopp is a genius now and be done with it.

I came to terms with that 3 years ago :p

It really did annoy me reading forums for other fans, and they'd constantly talk about Sahin as though we'd played him at rightback or something. If he was out of position for us, it was by about 5 yards, and he still had more than enough support to play well for us. He simply couldn't be arsed.

Kagawa at least seems to be trying, things just aren't going right for him, no matter where you put him, who you put him with, or who you put him against. The time for acceptance must be nearing, when you let it go and start thinking about transfer fees and replacements?

Outside of Wazza's brother there on the left, I don't think it's too bad.

Guy on the right screams 'doofus'

Little guy screams 'born 4 months premature'

Other 2 scream 'massive twat'

Oooh you'll get over it.

I can't 'drop' or 'lose interest' in football, I ain't no Kyofou.

You don't have to watch every single league though. Just stick with Benfica and the big CL games. That's what I did a few years ago.

yep. working from home is a blessing and a curse. there's weeks i must watch a good 20 matches.

Dortmund v Arsenal... the potential for gunner salt is so high...

bud

u want a redhead?

I'll show u a redhead

tumblr_ms6sluVH171sfburho1_500.gif

tumblr_mm9yn3vJEm1s0w3s7o1_500.gif

oh my lord.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think we'll see the best of Kagawa at United unless our style of play was to change. That won't be happening any time soon.

We shouldn't be changing our entire play style to fit one guy though unless he's absolutely 100% world class and/or he's proven himself enough to warrant it. I'd love to see him in the middle more, but if he isn't showing the goods on the left he doesn't have enough of a case to be on at Moyes to get his chance there. Has to do the best with what he's given.

I came to terms with that 3 years ago :p

It really did annoy me reading forums for other fans, and they'd constantly talk about Sahin as though we'd played him at rightback or something. If he was out of position for us, it was by about 5 yards, and he still had more than enough support to play well for us. He simply couldn't be arsed.

Kagawa at least seems to be trying, things just aren't going right for him, no matter where you put him, who you put him with, or who you put him against. The time for acceptance must be nearing, when you let it go and start thinking about transfer fees and replacements?

He's one of my very favourite players, so at least if he left us and was fantastic elsewhere I'd be happy about that. Just seems to be a Forlan/Veron where a great player just doesn't work out for some reason.

Lol Sahin did play fullback for Madrid #mouout

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Il Tempo have claimed that Manchester United, Barcelona, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City are all interested in Marchetti

Marchetti could be available for a fee of around €13m.

iOLxYUz1kpWUB.gif

We shouldn't be changing our entire play style to fit one guy though unless he's absolutely 100% world class and/or he's proven himself enough to warrant it. I'd love to see him in the middle more, but if he isn't showing the goods on the left he doesn't have enough of a case to be on at Moyes to get his chance there. Has to do the best with what he's given.

He's one of my very favourite players, so at least if he left us and was fantastic elsewhere I'd be happy about that. Just seems to be a Forlan/Veron where a great player just doesn't work out for some reason.

Lol Sahin did play fullback for Madrid #mouout

Bit of a tangent, but I really do hate the notion that a flop is the same as a bad transfer. Veron and Forlan were great before and after playing for Man Utd (well, Forlan was great after), so they were the right buys imo

Wilbur

Banned
Bit of a tangent, but I really do hate the notion that a flop is the same as a bad transfer. Veron and Forlan were great before and after playing for Man Utd (well, Forlan was great after), so they were the right buys imo

Yep. Just didn't work out, which is a shame. Veron was shit at Chelsea to be honest lol, but after he went to Estudiantes he was good again

Typed in Estudiantes and my phone auto corrected it to zesty diabetes

haha i reckon cou has got one better than suso at this stage

Coutinho needs to start performing again tbh, or Suso will come back and figuratively barge him onto the bench :p
Strangely, even though his passing was off against Arsenal, I think it was promising. Between the start of the season and his injury, he was attempting passes that were never going to come off, but against Arsenal it was just the weight of the passes that were off, rather than the ideas.

Really excited for Suso next season, his loan is reminding me a bit of Wilshere's loan to Bolton, which did him a world of good

edit: Who remembers SMTV? I was bored at work and sufddenly got nostalgic over it for some reason. What a great way to start a weekend it was.

Winston Reid, he's so good we're paying 100k just so he can play against Norwich;

West Ham are prepared to charter a private jet to enable defender Winston Reid to play at Norwich on Saturday and then fly straight to the United States to prepare for New Zealand’s World Cup play-off against Mexico.

The New Zealand Football Association have insisted that Reid, along with Leicester’s Chris Wood and Ipswich’s Tommy Smith, report to their squad’s training camp in Los Angeles on the first day of the FIFA five-day window before the first leg in the Azteca Stadium on November 13.

It would be impossible for Reid, an integral part of West Ham’s defence this season, to report before the deadline on a scheduled flight and the fear was he would be unable to face Norwich.

West Ham, though, are willing to spend £100,000 on chartering a private plane which would enable Reid to play at Carrow Road and still report in time. It is understood that New Zealand officials have agreed in principle.

Either that, or 100k so we don't have to see Joey O'Brien play as a centreback. Still, probably better value for money than whatever we're currently paying Carroll per-week to be injured.

Wilbur

Banned
Winston Reid, he's so good we're paying 100k just so he can play against Norwich;

Either that, or 100k so we don't have to see Joey O'Brien play as a centreback. Still, probably better value for money than whatever we're currently paying Carroll per-week to be injured.

Joey O'Brien just played centre back for me away against Poland and kept a clean sheet.

Fuck you. I stick by my players.

Ha, was wondering earlier how much it would cost to do the same for Suarez. We should beat Fulham without him, but dropped points would be disastrous. We've never kicked up a fuss with Uruguay before, so maybe just this once they'll let us use him and get him a day later

Meier

Estadio Bone

This made me laugh pretty good.

Ruddy big lava chasm between those of us who want to touch Rose Leslie, and those of us who are, frankly, twats.

Salazar has such a way with words. I love his writing.

Guy on the right screams 'doofus'

Little guy screams 'born 4 months premature'

Other 2 scream 'massive twat'

Guy on the right just looks like a typical dude to me. He's the most normal of the group. It goes Wayne Rooney's bro, Mario Gotze with a beard, the kid from A Christmas Story grown up and then Joe American/Canadian on the right.

http://i.minus.com/ibtxfEV5hE4SVd.gif[IMG]

hahaha, this is amazing.

i need to rewatch [I]snatch[/I] soon, but the dvd looks like shit.[/QUOTE]

That's so good -- one of the best gifs I've seen in ages. I love Snatch and Lock Stock.. two of my fave films from the aughts. I'd love to watch them again but I just can never find the time to rewatch films these days.

Defiant Andre Villas-Boas stands by call to leave Hugo Lloris on - and reveals Romelu Lukaku hasn't apologised

He should really watch the footage back, defiant? Clueless more like. And it was clear the physios were trying to get him off the pitch and other Spurs players. AVB just watched like a lemon.

Also does Lukaku need to apologise? Does anyone really think he thought "Oh yeh, lets smash my knee into his head".

AVB's non-action was simultaneously weak-willed, dangerous and stupid. Lukaku's knee was no less intentional than Hunt's against Cech imo.

edit: all these double posts recently. Subconciously trying to get out of Kipless' thread perhaps

jesalr

Defiant Andre Villas-Boas stands by call to leave Hugo Lloris on - and reveals Romelu Lukaku hasn't apologised

He should really watch the footage back, defiant? Clueless more like. And it was clear the physios were trying to get him off the pitch and other Spurs players. AVB just watched like a lemon.

Also does Lukaku need to apologise? Does anyone really think he thought "Oh yeh, lets smash my knee into his head".

I definitely think Lukaku could have done more to get his leg out of the way, he had enough time and the ball was already a lost cause.

Doesn't excuse leaving him on the pitch at all though.

Would British football-GAF be interested in doing a secret santa thing like they're doing in Brit-GAF?

(sorry Johnny Foreigners, but P+P would be a pain in the arse :p)

edit: What exactly are you supposed to buy a 1 month old baby for Christmas?

Bb pls tell me more about Carvalho. How good is he? What are his strengths?

He´s been a surprise. Was elected the best young player of the league in the first 2 months. He´s quite strong, showed great positioning and good passing skills. It´s still quite early to tell if he´s going to be a great player but so far he´s been great for us. He should get called up to the National Team for the play-offs.

Hixx

Would British football-GAF be interested in doing a secret santa thing like they're doing in Brit-GAF?

A PS4 but keep it at your house until s/he is old enough.

Which will be when PS5 launches.

A masterplan.

He´s been a surprise. Was elected the best young player of the league in the first 2 months. He´s quite strong, showed great positioning and good passing skills. It´s still quite early to tell if he´s going to be a great player but so far he´s been great for us. He should get called up to the National Team for the play-offs.

I'll take him.

If he's the 'next Vieira' then:

-Black
-Tall
-A bit of a cunt

I'll take him.

jesalr

A baby bib with a stupid joke on it? Or a plush toy? I dunno, kids are the dumbest.

A funny story about William Carvalho. In the end of Porto x Sporting, Lucho Gonzalez was so impressed by Carvalho´s performance that he went after Carvalho to ask him for his shirt.

Linius

Yeah, holiday season coming up. Need to get a gift for Sinterklaas first. If we even celebrate it this year. Then there's Christmas which costs me my december salary usually :p

Mumei

Have any of you read this book?

17465493.jpg

It's pretty interesting, especially the statistical analysis and how it knocks down (what it says is) conventional wisdom.

Top Bottom