• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yen

I liked them all to be honest. At this point I think you can play any of PES4, 5 or 6 and get the same sort of contrasting experience from the current gen games. Just such an absolute blast. You can instantly feel that bit of "clunk" with the very rigid directional control etc, but they're still so fun for what they are. We were seeing scrambles, crazy screamers and attacking football like you just don't see in the current games. Don't get me wrong, I love FIFA but even today PES6 is quite something. It's almost like a SEGA arcade classic equivalent for football games.

Daytona Evolution Rally Soccer.

Oh I wish they could re-release it. The zenith of football games.
Edit: PES5, that is.

Portugeezer

Porto need to win today otherwise we can just lose hope this season, it will be one of those bad European seasons, fuck Europa league, would rather come last.

Sell Jackson this January for talking too much and recoup, focus on league, win league, come back next year.

If we win we should still qualify to the knockout stages.

Lapo Elkann (technically one of our owners): "CR7 is a little Portoguese bully-boy and will always be second to Messi."

LOOOOOOOOOOL LAPO NO STOP

Ronaldo has been better this year, but it won't matter, Blatter has spoken.

Bumhead

Banned
Oh I wish they could re-release it. The zenith of football games.

Same.

I'd take the game in it's PS2 state but with online multiplayer.

The other great thing with it is of course the teams and players. El Classico, Original Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho..

It does have Sheffield United on it though so fuck that. Do PES5 instead.

Hindle

Banned
Arsenal getting knocked out of the CL would allow Wenger to focus everything on the PL. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal as Champions Leauge football is important, but they're gaining momentum for the title, it depends on how you see it I suppose.

So despite our RACIST APARTHEID STADIUM RULES WHERE ONLY THE ARYAN RACE IS ALLOWED, some Gala supporters still managed to be fucking idiots yesterday nd not buy tickets for their own fucking stands:

- It quickly turned to a vicious mood and fights are nearly starting to happen. More Galatasaray fans must flee across the field and down to the away team stand. They are being cheered down there. Approximately 20 get down there, but 50 pieces stay, and the police move in to isolate them, says Jeppe Andersen.

- Copenhagen fans yells and screams at them. They are surrounded by 20-30 police officers who creates a ring around the gala fans standing on the Copenhagen ultra section throughout the game. It could have ended badly wrong, he says.

FC Copenhagen writes in their safety from the match that mutual provocations ended with 100 moved from the section or completely expelled from Parken.

To be fair their mentally challenged supporters just seems to be that, mentally challenged, they even started fighting each other at one point on their away stand when they decided to throw firecrackers among themselves, which I guess the people it hit got a bit mad about.

BYZwXKgCEAAQBa7.jpg

jtb

Banned
Arsenal getting knocked out of the CL would allow Wenger to focus everything on the PL. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal as Champions Leauge football is important, but they're gaining momentum for the title, it depends on how you see it I suppose.

It's too late to get knocked out of Europe. We can only tank for 3rd at best, which forces us into a Europa League spot, which is even worse.

Lightning

Banned
No sane Arsenal fan should see it this way. That is just a positive in a extremely shit situation but doesn't hide the fact that exiting the competition at this stage is unacceptable and extremely shit. We should be able to maintain decent PL results despite these games.

3 more CL games, then a break until the middle/end Feb when it starts again. Getting eliminated now serves no purpose whatsoever.

It's too late to get knocked out of Europe. We can only tank for 3rd at best, which forces us into a Europa League spot, which is even worse.
Wenger would give the Europa League the Capital One cup treatment though. Doubtful our best players would play unless we were in the semi finals.

Mikro

Neo Member
About the game tonight - People seem to think that if we lose we're practically knocked out of the competition, but if I've got it right, as long as we win at home to Marseille, all we need is an away draw to Napoli to at least qualify on head to head results. My view is we're much more likely to go away to Napoli and get a result than Dortmund tonight, and I think Marseille are beatable at home.

Most likely need to win tonight if we want to qualify top of the group but even if its defeat theres still time to repair the damage.

jtb

Banned
No sane Arsenal fan should see it this way. That is just a positive in a extremely shit situation but doesn't hide the fact that exiting the competition at this stage is unacceptable and extremely shit. We should be able to maintain decent PL results despite these games.

3 more CL games, then a break until the middle/end Feb when it starts again. Getting eliminated now serves no purpose whatsoever.

Wenger would give the Europa League the Capital One cup treatment though. Doubtful our best players would play unless we were in the semi finals.

Wenger played Ramsey, Cazorla, Rosicky, and Wilshere against Chelsea. And with the registration rules, I'm pretty sure we'd have no choice but to play at least some first team players. Europa League is just a fucking slog that will derail any league campaign. We're already in the CL, we got three points against Napoli, no reason to drop out now.

Wilbur

Banned
Who was it in here that said Ryse looks good? They should be named and shamed

I hope it wasn't me

I don't even like video games

edit oh Zenit Porto is on. 1-1 so far.

Work in 26 minutes. Enough time to watch Shirokov score a hat trick.

pulga

Banned
He'll be in the away section, wearing a Juve jersey / Madrid scarf of vice-versa. Dead man walking.

I hope Madrid win in the same manner like first leg. Yurt's crying will be glorious and pulga isn't going wear that scarf.

Did you see him?

Cunt, he lied about the scarf. A full Madrid kit with Juve socks, what a joke.

Stab him in the butt guys

On your knees, start slurping on my wang.

Feed me with your disgust, FootyGAF #YOLO

nndrjxn.png

Pulga will be so confused.

Most confusing thing I've done in my life. Felt like a fucking mug sitting there in my Xabi Alonso #14 and singing to high heaven juveeee storia di un grande amoreeeeeeee.

Felt absolutely disgusted when the Madrid fans would constantly chant "JUVE JUVE VAFFANCULO" -_- Felt weird having people on the other side of the glass boundary flip the bird at me, or turn around to point at their Vidal kit :lol

The goals were a especially confusing time D:

I bet Pulga celebrated the death of our club

Will admit to celebrating Bale's goal, though. Couldn't help it, I love how the expensive ape is performing and shoving crow up the haters' anuses.

But I celebrated Llorente's equalizer! <3 Genuinely wished Juve pulled one more at the end, this bottom of the table shit is for the birds.

FERNANDO......LLORENTE!!!!!!

Bale just doesn't have any chemistry with the rest of the forwards it seems

Bale2.gif

Dat lack of chemistry. 3 goals and 4 assists in 3 games.

Whoever wins Pulga loses

They drew. I guess this means I win? Certainly felt like it <3 One of the most amazing nights of my life.

Iker, Modric, Pogba, Ronaldo, Bale, Vidal, Pirlo alone made the price of admission worth it. So much class. Varane and Caceres, what a fucking nightmare, though.

Ramos at RB was decent. Would like to see him again there. But Carlo needs to fuck off with this 4-3-3 business. It's shit. And how the fuck did he think it'd be a good idea to switch Ronaldo/Bale? Horrendous. Someone needs to knock some sense into Carlo, it's starting to look like he's intentionally sabotaging Madrid. Not even going to say anything about Isco, it's too fucking heartbreaking. My signing of the summer is probably sleeping with the fishes by now.

Fuck Juve Stadium/CL Football, though. (not sure which is the culprit) Alcohol free beer? What's the fucking point, clowns.

Some crap quality pics:

Yen

Who was it in here that said Ryse looks good? They should be named and shamed

I hope it wasn't me

I don't even like video games

Back at E3 I said so. In my defence, I was unaware of how much QTEs were in it, plus I do enjoy the Antiquities. Also, I chat rubbish all the time, what do you expect.

I take it Arse-Dort is on Sky? Must set up SkyGo.

L1NETT

It's by crytek. Haven't made a good game in 6 years. Adnan was still in Belgian diapers watching power rangers.

No shocks there.

Wilbur

Banned
crymor more like eheheheeheh

seriously i dont even know what they have made
what am i doing here

I think they made crysis but I'm guessing that because of the name

moojito

Damn, so many good games on tonight. I don't know what to watch. Leaning towards celtic v ajax, though arsenal v dortmund is tempting me.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn, so many good games on tonight. I don't know what to watch. Leaning towards celtic v ajax, though arsenal v dortmund is tempting me.

Ajax v Celtic's gonna be boring mang. They'll just sit back and defend.

Please watch Basel v Steaua Bucharest

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@pulga

LOOOOOOL glad you had fun baby!
3AQmK.gif
Yeah I suppose a draw is the least confusing result. FOUR GOALS! You can't ask for more.

And fuck me in the ear, look at Asamoah spinning in that gif. WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING?

Lightning

Banned
Wenger played Ramsey, Cazorla, Rosicky, and Wilshere against Chelsea. And with the registration rules, I'm pretty sure we'd have no choice but to play at least some first team players. Europa League is just a fucking slog that will derail any league campaign. We're already in the CL, we got three points against Napoli, no reason to drop out now.
I agree the Europa league is a waste of time but Ozil etc won't play in it and remember those first teams members would not have played if 7 regulars were not available for the Chelsea game. Gnabry, chamberlain, Eisfeld etc.,. all would have played against Chelsea if they were fit.

Ramsey and Wilshere were only there because Arteta and Flamini were not available. Some first team players would play but not enough.

Joke competition. Not worth our time.

Bumhead

Banned
Game Informer: "Ryse: Son Of Rome Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers"

Knew it was going to be bad.

I love that summary.

I hope they mean a really old school phone as well where you have to physically turn the wheel to dial and not just push the buttons.

pulga

Banned
@pulga

LOOOOOOL glad you had fun baby!
3AQmK.gif
Yeah I suppose a draw is the least confusing result. FOUR GOALS! You can't ask for more.

And fuck me in the ear, look at Asamoah spinning in that gif. WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING?

Can't fault much about Juve, they were on point, brought their A-game. Such a shame Caceres had a fucking brain fart and Iker returned to GOAT status. Asamoah was probably the weakest link, but he has no business at LB so pin that on Cunte.

We shouldn't be changing our entire play style to fit one guy though unless he's absolutely 100% world class and/or he's proven himself enough to warrant it. I'd love to see him in the middle more, but if he isn't showing the goods on the left he doesn't have enough of a case to be on at Moyes to get his chance there. Has to do the best with what he's given.

He's one of my very favourite players, so at least if he left us and was fantastic elsewhere I'd be happy about that. Just seems to be a Forlan/Veron where a great player just doesn't work out for some reason.

Lol Sahin did play fullback for Madrid #mouout

It isn't changing the entire play to fit one guy in. Everyone has wanted us to play more like Dortmund, including you I think. We play like shit right now and a lot of the games are boring. The attack is very static as no one moves off the ball. Having the players increase their movement off the ball improves the whole team, not just Shinji.

Kassu

Banned
I actually got a chance to play Ryse last weekend and it really is boring as hell. It feels like you don't have a good control of your character and controls aren't responsive as they should be in a game like this. Although those controls don't really matter either way since you can just button smash your way through.

Portugeezer

Bale2.gif

Dat lack of chemistry. 3 goals and 4 assists in 3 games.

They drew. I guess this means I win? Certainly felt like it <3 One of the most amazing nights of my life.

Iker, Modric, Pogba, Ronaldo, Bale, Vidal, Pirlo alone made the price of admission worth it. So much class. Varane and Caceres, what a fucking nightmare, though.

Ramos at RB was decent. Would like to see him again there. But Carlo needs to fuck off with this 4-3-3 business. It's shit. And how the fuck did he think it'd be a good idea to switch Ronaldo/Bale? Horrendous. Someone needs to knock some sense into Carlo, it's starting to look like he's intentionally sabotaging Madrid. Not even going to say anything about Isco, it's too fucking heartbreaking. My signing of the summer is probably sleeping with the fishes by now.

Fuck Juve Stadium/CL Football, though. (not sure which is the culprit) Alcohol free beer? What's the fucking point, clowns.

Some crap quality pics:

Once Ronaldo and Bale start clicking (consistently I mean, too early to tell just yet), they're going to be machines. Benzema has a role there too, he is better at link up play than the other Madrid strikers.

MG Rising: I fucking hate those Mastiffs gorillas. The rest is great, though.

--

Gattuso:
Berlusconi can't be a football team manager. I voted for him not because he was my boss but because I believed in his campaign. He wasn't an ignorant person football-wise, yet I wouldn't even have him train a bunch of kids.

First of all: ew, you never vote for Berlusconi.

Second: Gattuso will never ever ever ever ever ever come near our bench again.

Third: Gattuso you're a good boy.

Fourth: young people and Berlusconi together? Yeah, no.

Fifth: goddamn this day, a gold mine of great quotes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marca is living in Turok's dimension I see

Ronaldo and Bale struck such fear into the hearts of the Juve defenders that the hosts ended up raising the white flag after equalising. Terrified by Real's rampaging raiders, the Italian side ultimately settled for a 2-2 draw and gave up any hopes of snatching all three points for fear of tempting fate.

Conte subbed Quag AND Giovinco in FFS

Top Bottom