• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Yeah, we have these every game. Got my Ajax - Milan flag here :p

Too bad they don't show it properly on TV when the flags are being used.

I'll wave it for you tonight, my body is ready.

:p Btw if you know someone who wants an e-ticket for the game, I'll give it to them for free. Couldn't make it over (yes I bought a ticket for the Ajax end lol)

Hindle

Banned
It's too late to get knocked out of Europe. We can only tank for 3rd at best, which forces us into a Europa League spot, which is even worse.

Ouch, you've got to get through tonight then at all costs. I didn't think of the Europa, the team has shown actual character this season, so I still think its possible.

Lightning

Banned
Us. But it's the way we're playing. We're at home, you don't come out and play defensively hoping for the draw. Spalletti turns into a massive pussy every time we play in Europe.
I don't see what you're so worried about. You won't lose this game that's what matters.

Linius

:p Btw if you know someone who wants an e-ticket for the game, I'll give it to them for free. Couldn't make it over (yes I bought a ticket for the Ajax end lol)

Wait what? You have a ticket for tonight and you don't go? Because I can easily make it to the stadium from my home :/

Wilbur

Banned
It isn't changing the entire play to fit one guy in. Everyone has wanted us to play more like Dortmund, including you I think. We play like shit right now and a lot of the games are boring. The attack is very static as no one moves off the ball. Having the players increase their movement off the ball improves the whole team, not just Shinji.

Oh I know that, but then he'll still be playing nominally on the left. The obvious change is a) buy a more dynamic midfielder and b) play Shinji in the middle, but we have to wait until January for one (and then we have to trust that fucking salmon Woodward) and the other means dropping Rooney, which isn't happening.

I'd love to see us play more like Dortmund, and in that first game against Swansea we pressed really well, countered really well and I was impressed. Since then I've been very rarely happy lol

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Wait what? You have a ticket for tonight and you don't go? Because I can easily make it to the stadium from my home :/
Yep, I left booking flights etc too late so I couldn't make. I'll PM it to you and you can do whatever with it - or else it'll just be wasted. :)

I really like what I've seen of Danilo. Very talented and (surprisingly, considering his age) well balanced RB. Already got 6 caps for Brazil too, he's gonna be a top class player.

Linius

Yep, I left booking flights etc too late so I couldn't make. I'll PM it to you and you can do whatever with it - or else it'll just be wasted. :)

Wow dude, that's too awesome. I was bummed out by the fact that Ajax decided to sell the last tickets on open sale while I was at work. If I take the train in the next hour I'll be there well in time for the game. I don't know how to thank you man, let me know if you play games on Steam :p

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Wow dude, that's too awesome. I was bummed out by the fact that Ajax decided to sell the last tickets on open sale while I was at work. If I take the train in the next hour I'll be there well in time for the game. I don't know how to thank you man, let me know if you play games on Steam :p
No problem, just glad someone will get to enjoy it. :) Yeah there were a lot of scalpers I noticed - in fact I bought that ticket second hand off viagogo (hopefully genuine lol, should be). I'm Sage on Steam too, should be in the gaf group etc - but you don't need to get me anything. (Well, if you get a spare code from a bundle or something sometime I wouldn't refuse it :p)

They're brutal cunts on Revengeance difficulty when trying to no-damage the game. They're the worst enemies ever though in the hardest VR missions.

LOVE IT.
I'm definitely not looking forward the Revengeance difficulty.

A+X Evade or Parry the shit out of them!

I love fighting those cunts! :p

I'll try that, thanks. I just reached the Monsoon boss fight btw, probably it's the best boss so far (except for Sam
on the train
, but that wasn't really a fight tbh).

Linius

No problem, just glad someone will get to enjoy it. :) Yeah there were a lot of scalpers I noticed - in fact I bought that ticket second hand off viagogo (hopefully genuine lol, should be). I'm Sage on Steam too, should be in the gaf group etc - but you don't need to get me anything. (Well, if you get a spare code from a bundle or something sometime I wouldn't refuse it :p)

I'll remember it ;)

And I know Viagogo, my dad bought some concert ticks trough there from time to time. Never had any problems.

Bumhead

Banned
Nice little bit on the Dortmund pre match there from Sky regarding the price of football in Germany and England.

I remember my Leverkusen ticket cost me about $15 when I went.

Stinks of hypocrisy that it's Sky saying it, mind.

Carbonox

I'm definitely not looking forward the Revengeance difficulty.

I'll try that, thanks. I just reached the Monsoon boss fight btw, probably it's the best boss so far (except for Sam
on the train

Monsoon was the biggest sticking point in my no-damage run. Fantastic boss fight but he too is an utter cunt.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That was one of the worst penalties I've ever seen lol.

Nice little bit on the Dortmund pre match there from Sky regarding the price of football in Germany and England.

I remember my Leverkusen ticket cost me about $15 when I went.

Stinks of hypocrisy that it's Sky saying it, mind.
Safe standing is the secret. Double the capacity for league games - half the price.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Monsoon was the biggest sticking point in my no-damage run. Fantastic boss fight but he too is an utter cunt.
Parrying all his lightning fast combos was the most visually stunning moment in MGR
on the train

Oh you'll get to Sam ;)

LegoArmo

Sage is a boss, but who am I going to back and forth with about how shit Ajax and Celtic are during the game now?

Maybe the karma will make Samaras score a hat trick.

bjaelke

But Rooney is remaining cautious about their threat. There have been plenty of times in the past when Arsenal appeared capable of mounting a sustained challenge, only for it to peter out when the pressure starts to be applied later in the campaign.

"We'll have to wait and see where Arsenal are in March," he said. "We've seen before that they've been in the top two until February or March and then faded away. They are doing brilliantly at the minute, so it's down to them to try and stay there and us to catch them."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/06/manchester-united-wayne-rooney-arsenal-title

LegoArmo

Celtic team to face Ajax: Forster; Lustig, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Forrest, Kayal, Mulgrew, Commons; Samaras; Stokes

Good side, midfield might be a bit weak.

Linius

3t6FoTu.jpg

Taken today. True sportmanship.

Clegg

Dortmund: Weidenfeller, Grosskreutz, Subotic, Papastathopoulos, Schmelzer; Bender, Sahin; Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Lewandowski.

Top Bottom