• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Messi

Oh I think I know who you're talking about. It's the girl that Nucky sees in NY, right?

Found her

Tracy-Lynn-Middendorf-as--001.jpg

I leave disappointed. She looks great in the show but only ok outside of it. Same with Jimmys mother

Scum

Europe's eight play-off hopefuls
Seeded: Portugal (world ranking 14), Greece (15), Croatia (18), Ukraine (20)
Unseeded: France (21), Sweden (25), Romania (29), Iceland (46)

I wonder if FIFA will rig this one so that Sweden, Portugal and France somehow avoid each other. Well, at least France and Portugal...

Meier

I've never heard of him, but Bayern spent $36.5m on Jonathan Schmid from Freiburg in my FM save. Scored the only goal in their UCL QF matchup versus Man U.

bjaelke

Henry, Owen may play in IPL-style Indian football league next year
English football stars such as Yorke, Ljungberg, Pires, Crespo and Saha have already been brought on board for the tournament while bigger legends such as former Arsenal icon Henry and England's Michael Owen are in talks. Schmeichel and Desailly have also been signed up by IMG-R while more managers are negotiating their terms of joining.
English football stars
Arsenal icon
England's Owen

I found the worst post in history of Football Gaf.

You love it

Hitcher. You're a shithead.

Respectfully,

Freewheelin'

You love it

Hitcher,

You're a disgustingly blind fanbaby

Truly yours,

pulga

You love it
worth it, luigi's year, fuck you, rpg game, very much untrue, another rpg, FUCK U, k, lies, youtube it

ps vita is dead hitcher, it's time to move on

PS Vita is Dead

PS VITA IS DEAD

PS VITA IS DEAD

iMbFJJGl3HkC8.gif

Yours,

Kipless

How can that die, which has never lived? Even I'm not stupid enough to buy a Vita

Looks Andre Wisdom is joining Derby on loan.

Thought we coould have got him a better club tbh. If its to get first option on Hughes, fucking DO IT

Lightning

Banned
Hitcher's post on Mario I totally agree with. Fuck that shit.

I'm enjoying the Wii U's struggles and Nintendo's struggles even more than I'm enjoying Moyes leading United into the Europa league.

I'm enjoying the Wii U's struggles and Nintendo's struggles even more than I'm enjoying Moyes leading United into the Europa league.

It depends on what Nintendo game you're talking about.

I agree that it's bad to see 4 New Super Mario Bros games in like 3 years. It's on CoD levels of bad, and contrary to CoD, the quality of NSMB varies from average to good.

On the other hand, 3D Land is a fantastic video game. Not just a good Mario game but one of the best platformers I've ever played, same goes for Mario Galaxy 1.

Some of the Nintendo games still have their charm, it's just unfortunate that some snub for having Mario in the name or look kid-ish. Paper Mario, Pikmin, Luigi, Animal Crossing are SUPER charming.

FootballFan

Why does the games being about Mario matter that much?

I get hating Mario Tennis, Mario BBQ, Mario Soccer! etc those should definitely be shat on, but a good adventure/puzzle/rpg/whatever game shouldn't be disregarded just for having Mario lol.

Anyways, Hitcher pls. Get one for Pokemon, Professor Leighton Baines and Phoenix Wright games.

2DS/WiiU bros back me up here.

edit
Sleepless knows, Paper Mario is awesome.

FootballFan

For the record FF; I'd buy Mario BBQ.

Me too, depending on what other great Nintendo characters we can invite.

Also, speaking of other characters, Donkey Kong Country Returns was an amazing wii game.

DKC: Tropical Freeze will be the best WiiU game, ever. Knack wouldn't get GotY if it released in 2014 because of it.

Why does the games being about Mario matter that much?

I get hating Mario Tennis, Mario BBQ, Mario Soccer! etc those should definitely be shat on, but a good adventure/puzzle/rpg/whatever game shouldn't be disregarded just for having Mario lol.

Anyways, Hitcher pls. Get one for Pokemon, Professor Leighton Baines and Phoenix Wright games.

2DS/WiiU bros back me up here.

edit
Sleepless knows, Paper Mario is awesome.

I'd love to play Phoenix Wright actually, was the only reason I ever kind of wished I had a DS

And my problem with Mario is the artstyle. I can't stand it, and really don't like the character designs. And that goes across all of them except for Paper Mario which looks pretty nice to me.

Have a soft spot for Donkey Kong since they were my favourite SNES games

You have a knack to hate great things so I will take this as a good sign.

You should try get a cheap DS with the PW games somewhere. Really fantastic games.

I heard they're being ported to Android. Not ideal, but preferable :)

Worth mentioning that I don't commute or spend any amount of time waiting, so I'd use it for perhaps an hour a week, which just ain't worth it.

FootballFan

I heard they're being ported to Android. Not ideal, but preferable :)

Worth mentioning that I don't commute or spend any amount of time waiting, so I'd use it for perhaps an hour a week, which just ain't worth it.

Is that the HD trilogy version or whatever? I haven't heard great things about the iOS versions but I haven't tried them so can't say. But it's better than nothing and would be cheaper too, so get that.

Handhelds aren't just for when you are commuting or waiting, use em just like a normal console.

It's not like you would say "I feel like playing a game, but wait, I'm at home and not going anywhere, *scratch vita and 2ds off list of options*" You can play them instead of great games like LBP and FIFA 10 on ps3.

Is that the HD trilogy version or whatever? I haven't heard great things about the iOS versions but I haven't tried them so can't say. But it's better than nothing and would be cheaper too, so get that.

Handhelds aren't just for when you are commuting or waiting, use em just like a normal console.

It's not like you would say "I feel like playing a game, but wait, I'm at home and not going anywhere, *scratch vita and 2ds off list of options*" You can play them instead of great games like LBP and FIFA 10 on ps3.

Normal people>paedophiles>people who like Charmed>people who play handhelds when they have consoles available

FootballFan

Normal people>paedophiles>people who like Charmed>people who play handhelds when they have consoles available

That makes no sense to me. What's the difference?

You'd rather play a game on a console, than on a handheld, just because you have the console available? Even though you could potentially enjoy the handheld game more? What the...

So everyone here playing Pokemon is commuting/waiting every time they've been playing? lol

Sincerely confused,
FootballFan

Feorax

How is she trying to spin this for publicity? Does she not post pictures of him often. What age is he?

Yours,
Messi

He's 11 years old. Lets be honest, the problem with that picture is blatant, and yet;

1. She chose to post it to the internet anyway.

2. She has made no effort to take it down.

It's difficult enough to give the benefit of the doubt given the above, and then when you factor in her previous form as an attention whore, then it becomes downright impossible.

That makes no sense to me. What's the difference?

You'd rather play a game on a console, than on a handheld, just because you have the console available? Even though you could potentially enjoy the handheld game more? What the...

So everyone here playing Pokemon is commuting/waiting every time they've been playing? lol

Sincerely confused,
FootballFan

I'd rather play a good console game than a great handheld game tbh. The small screen and downgraded graphics just detracts too much from the experience imo

I have a question for British gaffers:
for the 2014 WC the Italian TV RAI won't show all matches, just one per day and Italy games, and I don't want to subscribe to SKY pay TV. I'd like to subscribe instead for one or two months to this service: http://www.filmon.com/subscriptions so I could watch BBC one, BBC two, ITV1, 2, 3 and 4 (even at work :D) Am I covered? Do you know if BBC three and four could show WC matches? Thanks :)

Top Bottom