• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

page 2? wtf? Club football break has killed neogaf. Nobody wants to post. I'll save it with my deadly inaccurate CL predictions:

Schalke 04 1 v Chelsea 3
Steaua Bucuresti 1 v FC Basel 1

Arsenal 2 v Borussia Dortmund 1
Marseille 0 v Napoli 1

Austria Vienna 0 v Atletico Madrid 3
FC Porto 1 v Zenit St Petersburg 1

AC Milan 1 v Barcelona 2
Celtic 1 v Ajax Amsterdam 0

Here are some Januzaj gifs for you all.

ibplSqr0jNZOtR.gif

i833kZa59k9H1.gif

ioj9s8Lz2dxFF.gif

iruMCiShQTLcE.gif

ibvmY3UoX3o99L.gif

Fucking Welbambi messed that chance up. All he had to do was pass to Rooney first time and it would have been a goal.

FootballFan

Schalke 04 1 v Chelsea 3

Arsenal 1 v Borussia Dortmund 1
Marseille 0 v Napoli 2

AC Milan 1 v Barcelona 5
Celtic 1 v Ajax Amsterdam 1

Lightning

Banned
Schalke 04 1 v Chelsea 3

Arsenal 1 v Borussia Dortmund 1
Marseille 0 v Napoli 2

AC Milan 1 v Barcelona 5
Celtic 1 v Ajax Amsterdam 1
Draw for Arsenal? No NOOOOOOOO. We need to win. Draw in the away game is okay but we need to win the home game.

Ozil PLZ. Ramsey PLZ!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schalke 04 v Chelsea
Steaua Bucuresti v FC Basel

Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund
Marseille v Napoli

Austria Vienna v Atletico Madrid
FC Porto v Zenit St Petersburg

AC Milan v Barcelona
Celtic v Ajax Amsterdam

Jack cw

Dortmund will win this I'm afraid. I'm going to cheer for Arsenal though but I dont think they are prepared to that pressing and counter attacking that Dortmund plays. I hope for a 2-1 in favor to Arsenal though.

Lightning

Banned
I pray we see the same Arsenal that threw Napoli into the void within 20 minutes.

We're facing our most quality opponent yet.
Yeah and we still don't have a full squad of players. I wish Walcott was available for this game. Damn it.

A lot depends on our defending though. The game will be won or lost by how Arteta, our back 4 and Szczesny play. Everyone has to play well but our attacking has been much more consistent so far this season.

Dortmund will win this I'm afraid. I'm going to cheer for Arsenal though but I dont think they are prepared to that pressing and counter attacking that Dortmund plays. I hope for a 2-1 in favor to Arsenal though.
Dortmund's away record is quite shit. They will improve a bit to beat us at the Emirates.

Blablurn

65 million euros for thiago and javi martinez all down the drain. bayern sure love wasting money, haha.

javi brought us the CL title, bud. Come On. And Thiago will fuck all you guys in 2014.

oh and btw. wtf is pep hiding nowadays? lol

BXKupeJIUAA3gQ8.jpg

Jack cw

javi brought us the CL title, bud. Come On. And Thiago will fuck all you guys in 2014.

oh and btw. wtf is pep hiding nowadays? lol

BXKupeJIUAA3gQ8.jpg
They spent those 70 million and couldnt afford a proper wall or fence...
Sticking Coke sunshades on a fence. Really? :D

And yes, Thiago and Javi will destroy any midfield in Europe.

Lightning

Banned

Thiago won't destroy shit. Javi is awesome but Pep's Javi has me unconvinced.

Blablurn

Well, he is the first coach who asked for this. I'm sure they will install something.

Jack cw

Thiago won't destroy shit. Javi is awesome but Pep's Javi has me unconvinced.
Tats because Pes Thiago played like 2 games pre season and is still injured :/
But you could see his xavi'esque style of play.
Well, he is the first coach who asked for this. I'm sure they will install something.
Was about time that Bayern did this. I understand the tradition and fanbase and everything, but having a closed training session helps a lot. Lets see hat crazy things he has in mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Meet Inter's new owner

159710_erick-thohir--direktur-utama-pt-visi-media-asia-tbk---viva-_663_382.jpg

-Barca cup
-He likes Arsenal
-One of his sons is a Juve fan.
-the other two support United and divided on Real+Barca

Jack cw

Dortmund's away record is quite shit. They will improve a bit to beat us at the Emirates.

That is true but Dortmund usually plays at their limit against bigger opponents and Arsenal had some serious problems against Bayerns pressing last season and Dortmund is even more aggressive than we were last year. I see that Arsenals squad is individually better but I think that you need the best performance possible to win against them.

Lightning

Banned
Salva see what I mean that Wayne Veysey is not reliable with Arsenal info? He said the Wenger extension was all agreed set to be signed but he's bullshit.

David Ornstein is the most reliable afterwards Jeremy Wilson of the telegraph is semi reliable.

Salvadora

Salva see what I mean that Wayne Veysey is not reliable with Arsenal info? He said the Wenger extension was all agreed set to be signed but he's bullshit.

David Ornstein is the most reliable afterwards Jeremy Wilson of the telegraph is semi reliable.
David Ornstein said RVP was going to stay.

Never forget.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Tottenham tried to sign me in June 2012," Aubameyang is quoted in The Sun ahead of Dortmund's UEFA Champions League tie against Arsenal on Tuesday night.

"But in the end everything became a bit weird. I didn't really like the way things were done.

"So, if Spurs ever came back in for me, I'd say no."

If only we had got Baldini a year earlier :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bronzetti “Juve director Beppe Marotta and President Andrea Agnelli told Real chief Florentino Perez that €35m for Higuain was too much.

“He responded by telling them that someone would pay that by the time the transfer window closed, given that there were few strikers like him around. And that was what happened.

“Juventus wouldn’t go over €22m, €23m, but Florentino knows the market well and he understood the value of Higuain.

“He was, nevertheless, disappointed because he would have wanted to give him to Juventus. He’s a romantic, but money…”

lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Garcia “Gervinho is an unpredictable player and he is difficult to stop, there are not that many players who can dribble like Gervinho, he is rare.”

Oh indeed

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Garcia “Gervinho is an unpredictable player and he is difficult to stop, there are not that many players who can dribble like Gervinho, he is rare.”

Oh indeed

Pssh, Andros Townsend is statistically the best dribbler in Europe so far this season. Higher than Ribery, Messi and Neymar in successful dribbles per game. Gervinho ain't shit.

Top Bottom