• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

bjaelke

In 2 minutes the media embargo on Fergie's book is lifted. I'm hoping for a chapter entitled 'Rooney is a Cunt'

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Rooney told Ferguson in 2010 to sign Mesut Ozil. Ferguson: "My reply was that it was none of his business who we should have gone for."

Close enough.

bud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO--rZz5OXk

iUXxlq4uPXezv.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumoured XI (SKY):

Buffon / Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini / Isla - Vidal Pirlo Pogba - Asamoah / Marchisio / Tevez

Mastadon

Banned
Tom Williams @tomwfootball
Stand-out revelation from Alex Ferguson's autobiography: "I had a lovely painting in my office that Kieran Richardson did."

bjaelke

Ronaldo, he says, informed him of his wish to join Real Madrid during a meeting in Portugal. Ferguson, though, was deeply unhappy with the behaviour of Roman Calderon, the Real Madrid president, and promptly told Ronaldo that “I’d rather shoot you” than do a deal with Calderon.
There's still time.

dc89

Froggie on Mancini and Tevez.

“Taking him back showed desperation..."
“In terms of his prestige as a manager, he let himself down.”

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 2m

Fergie: #MCFC & Juve both offered RVP bigger packages than #MUFC - "He took a lower wage to come to place where he could be most successful"

YES

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 43s

Fergie on Rafa: "I found #LFC hard to watch when he was there. I found them dull. Benitez has more regard for destroying a game than winning

YES

Clegg

Fergie on Benitez: "It amazes me that he used to walk into press conferences and say he had no money to spend. He was given plenty."

My biggest problem with Welbeck is seeing how evey mistake he makes is a 'simple' mistake. Things like his first touch and finishing are what I'd expect from a striker, he's obviously talented and very fast.

I'd put Welbeck's shortcomings with why hasn't Valencia started using his left leg?

Do those footballers even train?

Tc91

Fergie's favourite Italian team: Juventus.

Let us have Conte, you can make Fergie come out of retirement.

"Maldini was an outstanding player. I loved him.

"I approached his father once, Cesare, and the look he gave me I knew never to go back to him.

"He was never leaving Milan.

And on Italian football, he claims "Marcello Lippi's Juventus were the model."

My biggest problem with Welbeck is seeing how evey mistake he makes is a 'simple' mistake. Things like his first touch and finishing are what I'd expect from a striker, he's obviously talented and very fast.

I'd put Welbeck's shortcomings with why hasn't Valencia started using his left leg?

Welbeck was pretty good during the Friendlies but mentally he is just shit. Valencia has improved since last year, but he's still mentally shit.

That's the problem with Manchester United this year. You can sometimes see the improvement they've had but they just don't gel at all during a match.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SAF on Pogba "My biggest mistake was letting go of Pogba"

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 2m

Fergie: #MCFC & Juve both offered RVP bigger packages than #MUFC - "He took a lower wage to come to place where he could be most successful"

Yes, for one year.

And I'm pretty sure we offered him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than City AND United

Scum

Some of these players are brought up on playing FIFA. He's trying to pull off "advance" football when he has no understanding of the simple basics.
Welbeck will never get the simple stuff right unless he stops being so damn "English".

dc89

An entire chapter is on the Rock of Gibraltar and the fall out that followed.

Froggie is basically responsible for the Glazers coming. :p

Manchester United are the only club that can win the league coming from behind... apart from when Manchester City did it a couple of seasons ago.

Fergie is back on the wine.

"the minute they threaten your control, you have to get rid of them" - Alex Ferguson

"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward." - van Persie

Him only wanting United put Arsene between a rock and a hard place =/

An entire chapter is on the Rock of Gibraltar and the fall out that followed.

Froggie is basically responsible for the Glazers coming. :p

But he doesn't actually say anything about it, a "misunderstanding" is all. As expected.

Not sure what I expected but books seems like it's pretty bland. Beckham/Keane well trodden ground.

Hope the 'evening with..' is a bit more interesting...paid a fair whack for tickets..

Is it just Viva left on #teamwelbeck now?
I think so :(

Even my patience is being tested now though. I must admit when that thingy happened on the weekend even I was like "ffs you are so shit". But I don't care I will love him forever. Welbz <3

Wondering if Adnan should start tomorrow. It's a lot of games to play in a short time at this level for a young player. That said the alternatives fill me with dread. I'd like Zaha to play. But it won't happen. Not in Europe.
We need to be really careful with Januzaj, don't want him getting injuries and whatnot as he's filling out.

Zaha is rubbish anyway tbh so I don't really care if he plays or not. Apparently he already thinks he's baller just for getting the move. Mate, Ashley Young got a move to United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
'Vidic wanted to enlist for the Kosovo conflict'

*passes out*

Tbf I don't hate Welbeck. He's testing my patience right now though. I would like to have him as a squad player, but if his finishing doesn't improve he shouldn't be anything more than that.

*passes out*

Oh lord. Adnan's father isn't going to like this.

Top Bottom