• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

their banter is so weird. it's not witty or playful, just pure venom and hate.

'look at that cunt Klopp, everyone thinks he's so great but he's a right prick, we're the ones people should like, Pep is awesome, fucking Klopp, look at him, prick. I hope he dies'

lol banter

Bring it on Zabo u little bitch

Damn, FC Porto.

Last week offside late goal by Athletico Madrid.
Tonight... red card after 5 minutes, 10 men for 85 minutes. But we played well tonight, I can't complain too much.

But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys played even better last time Zenit came to Porto. You still couldn't score though. If only you guys had clinical players like Kerzhakov...

Kassu

Banned
I'm disappointed, I thought we played quite well. Could have been draw or even our win but oh well, it's football. Now we have to at least win either Napoli or Dortmund, match against Napoli will probably be the easier one.

Arsenal played really well, chin up folks.
I hope you win tomorrow

Razor554

Third vs third > 8th vs 1st

Yeah, and some shit club couldn't even beat mid-table teams from Turkey and Denmark. Milan atleast will continue to playoffs, while rubentus have much bigger change to fall out after Real have decimated them twice in coming weeks.

League standings doesn't mean shit in CL.

Suen

Arse-GAF. Our CL dream is over......and soon our EPL dream is over as well, prepare another trophyless season. But it was fun while it lasted :'(

Zabojnik

ibpEFOAjuUhIqn.gif

300i = you

Arsenal messed that up quite badly.

Well on top against a strong European team, you can't let that slip. Tbh for all their play they hardly created any clear chances anyway.

Tight group that, out of the 3 teams Arsenal have the toughest fixtures too. Gonna be a test for them.

Arse-GAF. Our CL dream is over......and soon our EPL dream is over as well, prepare another trophyless season. But it was fun while it lasted :'(

someone post the Arsenal cycle image.

'look at that cunt Klopp, everyone thinks he's so great but he's a right prick, we're the ones people should like, Pep is awesome, fucking Klopp, look at him, prick. I hope he dies'

lol banter

it's a shame Liverpool is barely anything else but a mid tier team now that struggles vs Newcastle, would love to play you in Europe.

just don't rush things, i know it's gonna take a few decades for you to become relevant again.

Suen

Sviatoslav, just saw the highlights of the Porto - Zenit game. It looked like Hulk played amazing in that match, created lots of chances and that FK he took...fuck that shot looked so strong. His fucking ass is so huge...never fails to amaze me.

Arnie

Aye, Arsenal just sort of melted away in the second half. Thought they were good value in the first, but they lacked the spark and sharpness that we've come to expect of them this season. Thought Ozil looked isolated for long periods of the second half.

Dortmund's winner was lovely, like. Arsenal should go in for Lewa when he leaves in January.

Clegg

Arsenal messed that up quite badly.

Well on top against a strong European team, you can't let that slip. Tbh for all their play they hardly created any clear chances anyway.

Tight group that, out of the 3 teams Arsenal have the toughest fixtures too. Gonna be a test for them.

You see that Andy Mitten's interview with Woodward will be in this weeks UWS?

Should be interesting.

FootballFan

Yeah, and some shit club couldn't even beat mid-table teams from Turkey and Denmark. Milan atleast will continue to playoffs, while rubentus have much bigger change to fall out after Real have decimated them twice in coming weeks.

He is just playin', take it easy dawg.

You see that Andy Mitten's interview with Woodward will be in this weeks UWS?

Should be interesting.

Ah yes, I saw him tweet about it. I think he might have released some early drips and drabs for his friends. Will have a look later.

I've been pretty out of touch lately, I guess having a life helps but I guess I'm shying away a bit too. Moyes killed my soul.

Did hear that Wooders said he wants standing back at OT. Dunno who told him to say it, but good on he/she.

Portugeezer

You guys played even better last time Zenit came to Porto. You still couldn't score though. If only you guys had clinical players like Kerzhakov...

Playing better isn't enough, but I do remember that terrible season where we outplayed many teams but didn't go through...

But playing better with 10 men is something to be proud of, all things considered.

someone post the Arsenal cycle image.

it's a shame Liverpool is barely anything else but a mid tier team now that struggles vs Newcastle, would love to play you in Europe.

just don't rush things, i know it's gonna take a few decades for you to become relevant again.

The country we play in renders us infinitely relevant. The only time the word Benfica appears in England, its usually followed by the words 'lost another final in the dying stages'

And one day we'll avenge Babel, and take one of Luisao's legs off. It'd be mutually beneficial, so you might as well let us do it now.

Clegg

Ah yes, I saw him tweet about it. I think he might have released some early drips and drabs for his friends. Will have a look later.

I've been pretty out of touch lately, I guess having a life helps but I guess I'm shying away a bit too. Moyes killed my soul.

Did hear that Wooders said he wants standing back at OT. Dunno who told him to say it, but good on he/she.

I hope he sheds some on why things went so pear shaped in the transfer window. Won't United have to get permission from the FA for standing? Think that'll lead to every clun wanting it too. Last time I was at OT there were plenty of fans standing and not enough stewards to get them to sit.

How's the job going btw?

Sviatoslav, just saw the highlights of the Porto - Zenit game. It looked like Hulk played amazing in that match, created lots of chances and that FK he took...fuck that shot looked so strong. His fucking ass is so huge...never fails to amaze me.

I wouldn't say he was amazing...but the rest of the team was quite poor so Hulk felt like he had to take the game on himself. He was disposed as a result quite often. But you can't discount his passion, he really wanted it tonight. He did create quite a bit too, I have to give them that.

I expect us to play much better in the return leg. Mid November in St. Pete's? These soft South Americans won't be able to handle it. Sweden has a similar situation when they welcome the Portucunts to Stockholm for the playoff.

Oh and btw, he has yet to score a FK for Zenit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm trolling you spunkbubble.

And look at yourself, you're actually cheering for Real Madrid, it just shows how fucking plastic you are

REAL MADRID

Sure, we don't mind losing to the champions of the forever.
3AQmK.gif

I hope he sheds some on why things went so pear shaped in the transfer window. Won't United have to get permission from the FA for standing? Think that'll lead to every clun wanting it too. Last time I was at OT there were plenty of fans standing and not enough stewards to get them to sit.

How's the job going btw?
He isn't going to have said anything which hasn't been thought through...so I guess whilst it'll be interesting to see what he has said, it's not exactly going to be genuine stuff. And if it is then he's even thicker than we all thought.

Standing would have to be approved from all the relevant bodies yeah, but AFAIK alot of the clubs, especially "bigger" ones haven't really been pushing for it which obv. lessens the chances. If enough clubs go for it I think they'll begin to sway.

Job is going brilliant. Really enjoying it. Although it is a little bit frightening to see just how out of touch these politicians are. Amazingly sharp people though, seriously "talented". How's law school? Have you realised you made a bad choice yet? :p

Razor554

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm trolling you spunkbubble.

And look at yourself, you're actually cheering for Real Madrid, it just shows how fucking plastic you are

REAL MADRID

Sure, we don't mind losing to the champions of the forever.
3AQmK.gif

:facepalm

Hope you enjoyed the game Luci. It was kinda dull but a good result for Milan imo.
I did, it wasn't the best match ever for us, but a 1-1 with Barca and this team is a good result. It's a brilliant birthday gift, I have to say.

Monto, Kakà and De Jong were pretty much perfect, I was impressed by them. Too bad that Ricky was forced to stay near Constant and help him on the left flank, but all in all it has been a decent performance.

Also, the moment Robinho scored. You guys have no idea.

No fucking idea.

Arnie

Soccer isn't even all that.

Football is where it's at. COLTS.
And with Wayne's knee in pieces your chances of glory have been shot once again.

Your best bet is to watch this Woodward interview and hope he announces his resignation.

Or reads out that of The Chosen One.

bro
Look at Mullers face. Someone punch that cunt.
I love Muller.

The only Bayern player I really, really like.

Clegg

He isn't going to have said anything which hasn't been thought through...so I guess whilst it'll be interesting to see what he has said, it's not exactly going to be genuine stuff. And if it is then he's even thicker than we all thought.

Standing would have to be approved from all the relevant bodies yeah, but AFAIK alot of the clubs, especially "bigger" ones haven't really been pushing for it which obv. lessens the chances. If enough clubs go for it I think they'll begin to sway.

Job is going brilliant. Really enjoying it. Although it is a little bit frightening to see just how out of touch these politicians are. Amazingly sharp people though, seriously "talented". How's law school? Have you realised you made a bad choice yet? :p

I'm just interested in what he has to say tbh. A fanzine interview with United's current CEO is a rare enough occurrence.

United are introducing a singing section, right? That's a step in the right direction. Will be a while before standing comes back imo.

I've made a bad choice in that property law is the most soul crushingly boring educational topic ever conceived by man. I genuinely think some modules have been specifically designed to be as boring as possible, just as a test to see who drops out.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the job. I like to think that a civil service job working alongside politicians is actually just a slightly toned down "The Thick of It".

i ask this every week but:

can we finally add Neymar to the Flop Hall of Fame?

he probably had a flashforward when he saw Robinho in the Milan kit. like staring into the future.

Arnie

Wait, you're a civil servant?

I applied for a civil service job the other day.

It literally just sounded like The Thick of It.

Do you work in central London Viva?

Portugeezer

He is Brazilian.

Hulk was Zenits best player, set up the goal, but Mangala dealt with him most of the time.

Peco

I did, it wasn't the best match ever for us, but a 1-1 with Barca and this team is a good result. It's a brilliant birthday gift, I have to say.

Monto, Kakà and De Jong were pretty much perfect, I was impressed by them. Too bad that Ricky was forced to stay near Constant and help him on the left flank, but all in all it has been a decent performance.

Also, the moment Robinho scored. You guys have no idea.

No fucking idea.

What about that fucking miss tho. Classic Binho.

Top Bottom