• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
4-3-3 is impossible without Pepe. Don't they know? 4-3-Marchisio-2 it is.

Conte's long con

It was ALWAYS possible. Ancelotti will get Cunte'd.

WujnVpE.gif

GorillaJu

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/23/david-moyes-manchester-united-bad-start

Pretty incredible write-up about Moyes' poor start to the season. Aptly written and startlingly accurate.

To be evaluating the performance of David Moyes just 11 games into the season is almost absurd; it certainly ought to be, and were he to be sacked tomorrow, no one would have the remotest inkling of his ability to manage Manchester United. And yet the start he has made bears discussion, not simply because it has been awful, though awful it has been, but also because it has been so in all the ways that might have been predicted.

Which is to say that both were integral to the delivery of consistent success, an expertise suddenly deemed dispensable. Rather, Moyes adjudged that of all the coaches in the world, those most likely to take his new club forward were already working for him – quite some coincidence, all the more so when he confirmed Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini as principal transfer targets.

Nor is Van Persie the only one unhappy; Shinji Kagawa has reportedly expressed discontent, and the team as a whole is playing without freedom or pleasure.

There remains a view that Kagawa's attributes of subtlety and improvisation are not those frequently found in Moyes's players, likewise those of Wilfried Zaha, another step-quickener in a squad hardly suffering a surfeit.

In his early weeks, Moyes preferred Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia, their abilities more akin to those favoured in his Everton sides.

The first half in particular was as severe and complete a hiding as United have received domestically in almost a decade, table footballers taking on a Subbuteo team. And yet, at its end, Moyes chose to do nothing, instead watching his team concede twice more within minutes. By way of contrast, at the same stage the previous afternoon, Everton were a goal down to West Ham, so Roberto Martínez made two alterations, spurring his team to victory.

And though they are absolutely letting him down, publicly, at least, he has done little to rouse them, the given impression one of Fergie without the charisma. Instead, he dismissed their chances in Europe, handily allowing him to dodge any blame for the same, lamented the lack of "world-class players" bestowed upon him, and implied that their most recent success merely reflected the poverty of opposition.

By no measure is the current United squad one of the club's finest, but the fact remains that it secured last season's title before the end of April and contains a goodly number of players still improving. Consequently, Moyes's lack of respect for its credentials served only to suggest his own shortcomings, because ultimately, there are only three differences between this season's United and last: a player signed by David Moyes, men employed by David Moyes and David Moyes.

Whole article is absolutely worth reading.

arkon

thanks, it is a big change for me and I am just getting used to it.

Are there even any good games on tonight?

Oh, Madrid/Juve.

Yurt, was the cat you ran over a black cat?

Madrid vs Juve was the main one, but also the potential lols to be had with Moyes' boys. Normallly I'm flicking through the games to see where the action is anyway.

Zabojnik

I'm not sure about Caceres. First match after a long injury, against Real? In Madrid? I don't know man. The alternatives all suck, but still.

Fucking Isla. I hope we sell him to Inter in January. 6M€ will do it.

Just finished Beyond

Great...um........'exprience'

A little pissed off that it ended on a teasing cliffhanger for a game that'll never happen

Tc91

Almost every day in the Bilbao press there is something about Ander Herrera. Local newspaper El Correo covers the youngster often and these days it's almost exclusively negative. He's become something of a scapegoat for new manager Ernesto Valverde and his problems in midfield.

El Correo explain that Herrera has a pass completion this season of 79.4% which puts him 157th out of 307 players who play in Spain's top division. They then go on to list many players who have a better percentage, but Herrera has been in and out of the side and is struggling to find a role in Athletic Club Bilbao's new midfield.

Valverde has been pictured at the club's training ground this week trying to explain his thoughts to a confused looking Herrera, who at one stage appeared to put his head in his hand in frustration. The midfielder has been brought in for extra training and it's easy to think that an exit is becoming more likely by the week. He's being openly criticised by people at the football club, the local newspaper appear to think he's the cause of much of the team's problems and that looks like a feeling shared by the manager. The club have confirmed to El Correo that Manchester United have been watching games and that was without the newspaper having to request such information, which would suggest there's a subtext to what's going on with Herrera and the Basque club.

Herrera may already be glancing toward the exit door hoping David Moyes opens it for him in January.

Why did we have to balls this deal up? We could of had him in the summer. January pls.

Tc91

5PM UK time.

Pellegrini says it's a disgrace the game is getting played at the arena. Plzen game had to be moved but this is not. The pitch is basically sand, apparently.

CSKA/Uefa begged City to not train there before the match, apparently it's really poor condition, even CSKA says so.

Here's a picture for you Manager.

BXQ8t73CMAAspzd.jpg:large

Cska spraying the pitch green to conceal bald patches.

lololol.

GorillaJu

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that such a big deal is being made of the possible 720p vs 1080p on Xbone and PS4's respective versions of COD: Ghosts, but I'm still surprised that among all the things that could have become a huge scandal in the "system wars," it was the (unconfirmed) difference in resolution between two version of the same shitty game.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that such a big deal is being made of the possible 720p vs 1080p on Xbone and PS4's respective versions of COD: Ghosts, but I'm still surprised that among all the things that could have become a huge scandal in the "system wars," it was the (unconfirmed) difference in resolution between two version of the same shitty game.

Tbf, the point goes way beyond CoD being sub-1080p

There's been a breach at Jurassic Park.

timm-fence.gif

Climb, Robin! Climb!

Zabojnik

It has been a hell of a couple of days, I'm too tired for footygaf.

Speaking of hell ... how's it going with the girl that friendzoned you?

First the boobs now this, what's going on here?

I should just call the thought police.

You should post pictures of Egyptian babes is what you should do. In fact, everybody shoud make it their mission to post at least one arousing picture per week of a girl from their native country. In the spirit of international peace and understanding.

It's not just CoD just a sign of things to come. I'm surprised people are surprised and didn't see it coming.

PS4 is clearly much more poweful, you don't need a bachelor to know that. Especially now with them almost having off the shelf PC parts.

Scum

Sony know how to design their hardware. MS don't and it's clearly showing. Dat Third Console Curse.

Top Bottom