• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For 1000 days, Flint, MI, has been without clean water

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
This is still so fucking tragic... I really hope that as many people as can be are filtering their water however they can, since this doesn't seem to be being fixed anytime soon...

zero_suit

At this point I can't even come up with any rage for the situation. It should have never happened yet alone went on this long without any solution. The media doesn't give a shit, the government doesn't care, meanwhile you have a president running around talking about making America great while thousands of citizens are deprived of clean water. The worst part is knowing that it is neglected because it's Flint, and a predominant black district. How can so many people not care, how can so much of the state still continue to vote republican after this disaster, and how does the Governor of the state just get away with it? If this went on for a month anywhere else in the US, it wouldn't have even lasted a month.

Are you sure about that?

That's horrible. I'd be doing the best I could to leave since no one is doing anything about it.
I'm sure property values suck there.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I was expecting Flint to be a small backwater community, then I looked it up. Damn...

How does this happen for so long to a town so large?

I was expecting Flint to be a small backwater community, then I looked it up. Damn...

How does this happen for so long to a town so large?

Do you really have to ask how this is happening for so long. Its a predominately black town and its a poor town two things a good portion of america do not care about unless they are shuckin and jivin for their entertainment.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Do you really have to ask how this is happening for so long. Its a predominately black town and its a poor town two things a good portion of america do not care about unless they are shuckin and jivin for their entertainment.

Yes I did have to ask because I know very little about Flint.

Hale-XF11

You know we're fucked as a country when we can't even provide basic human needs like water to people who need it.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
This feels relevant:
Alien Ant Farm - 1000 Days

That's almost three years. Insanity.

Socreges

Banned
How can something like this happen in a country like the USA? Ridiculous.
When will people stop asking questions like this? US infrastructure, generally speaking, is not first rate and continues to deteriorate.

No offense - I just genuinely wonder for how long fictions/perceptions like these will persist, long after they've become untrue.

When will people stop asking questions like this? US infrastructure, generally speaking, is not first rate and continues to deteriorate.

No offense - I just genuinely wonder for how long fictions/perceptions like these will persist, long after they've become untrue.

Wait until the decrepit power grid starts having more issues.

zugzug

This to me is one of the bigger Federal Gov failures. I realize this was a state failure to start with but for me not seeing the Federal Gov just stop EVERYTHING and not fix this problem is astounding. I do not care Task every single Army corp engineer ride into town stop building one or two military thingie and just fix this. Stop every single Bureaucratic hiccup, wall, person clogging this from getting fixed. Dredge up every single pipe that was broken by porting in the wrong type of water. Cancel a festival ball, a parade.

This right here not being fixed makes me want to quit the USA. It breaks every single belief that we are 50 states combined into a Union working together as a group.

I do not even know what it would take to fix, just the fact that it hasn't been fixed, or we are still talking with topic of residents after day 1000 cannot drink tap water. There is nothing that drags the USA down more than this as a union of states together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom