• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

cwmartin

Some of you guys are way too entertained by this. Its not a nintendo direct lol

Are you implying that an announcement event for your favorite video game company is more important to be excited about than what is currently unfolding?

Tell me I'm reading this wrong...

Please be the pee pee tape and release at the exact moment he goes out to the press so they can play it live to him for the last meltdown Trump will ever have :p

Geist-

Well...
JYiAn0i.jpg

Comey's close friend, who tweeted something similar a few hours before the Comey memo news

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

Piss tape probably isn't coming out until they really feel like they have Trump on the ropes and want the KO blow. Right now the IC is content doing this to Trump

ippo_strong_by_strunton-dawpwnd.gif

It really does feel like the speed at which the ship is falling apart has increased dramatically.

I mean I can’t imagine Trump reacting well when he finds out his second in command has gone behind his back and is making moves to replace him when he is kicked out. Trump thrives on loyalty so having Pence look like he is gonna watch as Trump gets thrown under the bus and take his place (baring he doesn’t go down too) seems like a giant slap in the face to Trump.

I can only image what his reaction to this situation could be.

Mask

I love how all these leaks caught them off guard, and not even that pissy little wikileaks attempt to distract from it worked. That's what happens when you try and rely on a rabid fan base of delusional conspiracy nuts, you treasonous fucks. They're a small margin of the people that voted them in, and the others are too engrossed on the actual story now, and ignoring the insane alt-right stuff. Even Fox News is melting down and making no sense at all, trying to avoid the topic.

Sephzilla

If the bombshells keep getting dropped at this ridiculous pace I could honestly see Trump resigning by the start of June or July, especially if the GOP starts turning on him.

m_dorian

I really do not think that the villains of this story will just sit idly and watch their world burn, though.
This is far from over.

Sulik2

This week has been emotionally uplifting for sure

I'm trying to not get excited until we get to watch Trump and his conspirators walked off in handcuffs on camera, but there has been some good news this week. I'm still worried the GOP will figure out a way to obstruct the case though.

WarMacheen

I want Spicey to hold a press conference once he is done.

"Look, Trump is a total piece of shit, but I needed money and was paid to do a job, so I did it to the best of my ability."

goes to walk off stage, comes back

"Once more thing.....the pee pee tape is real"

Pretty much everything else about that British dossier has seemingly been real so far.

Also, why on earth would the MI-6 agent throw that in if he wasn't sure it actually happened? It sounds like the most ridiculous thing in the world, and if he thought it wasn't true, he wouldn't have put it in the dossier.

KingV

These dudes are nuts if they think just having Trump tweet is going to be an improvement to his Presidency.

The daily press briefing gives the chance, every day, for the White House to set the narrative, and inform the press why they do what they do.

Without it, the press will get the narrative elsewhere. Whether through leaks, or talking to random members of Congress. The press coverage will probably be worse

It really does feel like the speed at which the ship is falling apart has increased dramatically.

I mean I can’t imagine Trump reacting well when he finds out his second in command has gone behind his back and is making moves to replace him when he is kicked out. Trump thrives on loyalty so having Pence look like he is gonna watch as Trump gets thrown under the bus and take his place (baring he doesn’t go down too) seems like a giant slap in the face to Trump.

I can only image what his reaction to this situation could be.

If Trump goes down impeached and convicted, then Pence is toast because he's defended the administration and he's Trump's VP. In addition, the base will eat his butt alive if he isn't loyal to the end. He's chained to the ship and can't squirm out now.

So the rumor that bothers me is Trump is going to be scapegoated and they are going to try and pin it all on him in order to get Pence in. From NYT Pence is just as dirty as are the others in his campaign and even Ryan from the audio.

What are the chances that only Trump goes down and no one else? What are the chances that Trump goes down swinging and tries to drag everyone with him?

iammeiam

I really hope if he does an interview they point out to him that the birtherism Witch Hunt lasted way, way longer and was overall just a much more lengthy and substantial Witch Hunt.

Obama stays beating him.

I love how all these leaks caught them off guard, and not even that pissy little wikileaks attempt to distract from it worked. That's what happens when you try and rely on a rabid fan base of delusional conspiracy nuts, you treasonous fucks. They're a small margin of the people that voted them in, and the others are too engrossed on the actual story now, and ignoring the insane alt-right stuff. Even Fox News is melting down and making no sense at all, trying to avoid the topic.

It's amazing in part because it shows how reliant team Trump has been on his ability to keep starting shit giving them an out from old controversies. His garbage fire campaign and a lot of his first few months as president was a string of unrelated things they had to handle--Trump's going toe to toe with a gold star family! Trump is asking Russia to hack Hillary! Trump is on tape promoting sexual assault! Trump denounces birtherism and decides to pretend Hillary started it! Trump implements a travel ban that bombs! Trump pushes hard on a healthcare bill! Trump rolls back LGBT protections! Trump loses his shit over crowd size! etc

This week we're getting a constant escalation of separate, distinct scandals that all tie back to a common theme. The leaking intel to the Russian diplomats thing is an entirely separate "he fucking did what" from the firing Comey thing, but they both tie back together in that Russia is involved. Ditto the Flynn stuff, or the Comey memo. It's a bunch of explosions but this time sitting tight until the next one isn't working because while the next one is usually distinct enough to be a new problem, it feeds into the larger overall Russia problem instead of redirecting attention.

I'm hoping this keeps up because it looks like they have no idea how to handle it.

creatchee

I'd rather not click that got a image?

Here's a taste:
Sheitbart said:
Another example that still rankles conservatives was the IRS scandal, where there were clear violations of federal law, including the deliberate leak of confidential taxpayer information to partisan groups, as well as violation of conservatives’ civil rights. Yet the Department of Justice let former IRS official Lois Lerner, and her bosses, off the hook, saying the IRS was merely guilty of “mismanagement, poor judgment and institutional inertia” but no crimes.

The only civil rights that matter lol

KingV

If Trump goes down, then Pence is toast because he's defended the administration and he's Trump's VP. In addition, the base will eat his butt alive if he isn't loyal to the end. He's chained to the ship and can't squirm out now.

No one likes Pence. If he is left in place the trump nutters will divide with half thinking this is a coup by Pence. This is probably why they republicans haven't acted. They realize they will split their base when Alex Jones starts reporting that it was a plot for establishment Republicans to steal the White House from trump.

(I realize I am replying to a low key Trump nutter )

Boylamite

So the rumor that bothers me is Trump is going to be scapegoated and they are going to try and pin it all on him in order to get Pence in. From NYT Pence is just as dirty as are the others in his campaign and even Ryan from the audio.

What are the chances that only Trump goes down and no one else? What are the chances that Trump goes down swinging and tries to drag everyone with him?
Just you wait. The IC very likely has a counter move to any response the GOP spews out.
Leak, watch the denials, leak to counter, rinse and repeat.

Watch - GOP lines up behind Pence, singing his virtues, then we hear about how much of a traitor Pence is. The GOP is going to be very, very bloodied from this, if not completely destroyed.

Top Bottom