• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

DeviantBoi

If Trump goes down impeached and convicted, then Pence is toast because he's defended the administration and he's Trump's VP. In addition, the base will eat his butt alive if he isn't loyal to the end. He's chained to the ship and can't squirm out now.

He just filed FEC paperwork to start his own PAC.

He knows what's up and thinks he'll walk away from it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/pence-creates-pac-ahead-2018-2020-elections-n761436

I wonder what Trump thinks about that. Are they even on speaking terms?

These are amazing times, im just so giddy with all the leaks. I couldn't have dreamed of it blowing up like this. I hope they all get ousted, Sessions needs to sink with this ship too he is pure evil.

jiiikoo

Banned
A snippet from the Time Magazine story.

Na_ytto_kuva_2017-05-18_kello_17.16.46.png

ZEmB3i8.png

President Snowflake is so pissed - he made the same tweet twice!
Few things,

First, what a fucking child.
Second, can Obama/Clinton sue for slander? Not for impeachment or anything, just for shits and gigs'.
Third, for a man who claims he did nothing wrong he is awful scared of being investigated. Almost makes me doubt his innocence! I do like that he's already trying to set up a narrative to fight potential allegations.

The appointment of Robert Mueller after the last few days (and months) feels like a real Cincinnatus being called from his farm to save the Republic moment for the US.

Yeah, I know the analogy is not perfect -- in that case, you had a Senate interested in defending the Republic.

Sephzilla

I don't know how Pence could think he would get away unscathed. Flynn will bring him down too.

Yep especially with yesterdays bombshell. The presidency is almost certainly falling down to Ryan or Hatch

They need proof he knew. He said he didn't and there are reports he did but like the memos, they will need some to prove it or it's deniable and may not stick.

Kind of an aside, but FBI memos are generally accepted in court as actual evidence.

Maybe Fox and Friends will talk about this and Trump will get pissed and try to oust Pence, lol

Pence is literally the one dude in the administration Trump cannot fire. His removal would require Congress to act, and I do believe they like him better.

(Trump could only get rid of him in 2020 by selecting a different VP nominee for re-election.)

DeviantBoi

Pence is literally the one dude in the administration Trump cannot fire. His removal would require Congress to act, and I do believe they like him better.

(Trump could only get rid of him in 2020 by selecting a different VP nominee for re-election.)

I still think Pence wasn't Trump's choice. The GOP forced him on Trump in return of backing him up during his campaign.

He regretted having made that compromise and that's why he asked if he could take it back right after Pence was announced as his running mate.

Yep especially with yesterdays bombshell. The presidency is almost certainly falling down to Ryan or Hatch

Kind of an aside, but FBI memos are generally accepted in court as actual evidence.

Yes they are, but Pence seems to be far separated from THAT side of the scandal.

Trump is more effected by Comey because he could say he didn't know about Flynn despite reports because Pence was on the transition team and should have known.

Pence is more effected by Flynn, because he WAS on the transition team and doesn't seem to have been involved in the Comey firing and obstruction.

If only one of these things comes through for any reason, the one effected will have the chance to throw the other under the bus : )

But I don't think one of them going will automatically take out the other unless the Flynn investigation gets proof they both knew and then they are fucked.

If Trump goes down impeached and convicted, then Pence is toast because he's defended the administration and he's Trump's VP. In addition, the base will eat his butt alive if he isn't loyal to the end. He's chained to the ship and can't squirm out now.

I don't see this. The sheep will flock to their new shepherd, a truly devout Christian man who is going to annihilate the perversion of homosexuality and save all of the babies.

There wasn't any value in these anyway.

I don't see this. The sheep will flock to their new shepherd, a truly devout Christian man who is going to annihilate the perversion of homosexuality and save all of the babies.

That's not Trump's base. Trump's hardcore fans don't like Pence. It's a cult of personality. Once that personality is gone, they don't just automatically shift over the successor.

President Snowflake is so pissed - he made the same tweet twice!

Predictable that he would go after Obama. It's all his fault!

Secondly, who is Trump complaining to? His attorney general appointed the special counsel. Is he trying to tell the whole world that Rod Rosenstein is being unfair?

TS-08

Republicans made the committees a sham by obfuscated the purpose of the investigations to the public. Graham included with his line of questioning.

Also, while I don't deny Mueller running a tight ship, it's still 2017...

Yes, this is what Graham and other Republicans in Congress are likely actually upset about. They can no longer influence and control the narratives around the investigation like they have attempted to, by trying to make them about leaks and "unmasking."

I thought evangelical Christians were already a well-mobilized demographic anyway? I was under the impression that the Trump difference was a new slice of working class white dudes invigorated by the endorsement of their frustration with modern society. A competent politician with some degree of awareness won't fire up their desire to aggressively not give a fuck
He'll probably look for a mini-trump to be his VP if he goes for 2020.

Predictable that he would go after Obama. It's all his fault!

Secondly, who is Trump complaining to? His attorney general appointed the special counsel. Is he trying to tell the whole world that Rod Rosenstein is being unfair?

I'm 98% sure he asked someone last night if he could fire Rosenstein. I'm 97% sure he was told he can but it would be an really bad idea. 50/50 he'll do it anyway because he's just that dumb.

There wasn't any value in these anyway.

That's not Trump's base. Trump's hardcore fans don't like Pence. It's a cult of personality. Once that personality is gone, they don't just automatically shift over the successor.

The most hardcore of them may not, but I'd argue that 75-85 percent of the people who voted Trump will gladly accept Mike Pence, the "traditional family values" President that Trump could never hope to be.

I really don't think I'm wrong, but hopefully we'll never know as the ship pulls Pence under as well.

This accelerated movement has been due to the FBI. Yeah we may lose some public hearings in Congress, but the GOP have made those a farce overall.

Mueller has my trust based on his background. I think he'll be able to hit the ground running and get caught up quickly on the FBI investigation.

Congress has been dragging their feet.

In short, get fucked Graham. Goddamn enabler and is complicit despite some public words about Trump.

Top Bottom