• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Gattsu25

Banned
RABcLBC.jpg

wUvWzvp.jpg

GginuDj.jpg

It's rare for me to be right...Just had to share my surprise. :p
How is a special prosecutor that is still under Trump's chain of command (to Pelosi's point) considered anything approaching independent?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rats. Sinking ship.

was leaving almost a month ago, and this was always the timing. I strongly suspect he's compromised in some way, because he's effectively abandoning a successful political career at its zenith, for no clear reason.

But the timing is not related to this week's events specifically.

Comey was the Domino keeping the investigation behind closed doors. Now that trump knocked him down, The hornett nest that was the IC is now out from between the dominoes and they're all falling

Or the message was legally obtained through a subpoena and its content leaked. That's where a bunch of this stuff is coming from. And the leaks are designed to make the people involved panic and try to spin too many plates at once. Every time they drop one (Comey memo, Trump request to drop investigation) it smashes on the floor and they now have to pick up the pieces.

I prefer advancing the narrative that the anonymous White House source is actually just Trump at least half the time.

Ha ha I was about to say.

Did a certain someone flip?

The thought of Flynn flipping is probably what's eating Trump more than anything. Trump knew he was compromised, choose to hire him anyways, pressured Comey to stop investigating him. Trump would not take all those risks to protect Flynn because 'he's a good guy'. Flynn has information.

cakely

ZEmB3i8.png

President Snowflake is so pissed - he made the same tweet twice!

The orange shitstain got his phone back from whoever took it from him, just in time to undermine all his staff.

He's our greatest ally in the fight to get him out of the oval office.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Trump really is running government like a business.

Too bad he can't pay off everyone or settle out of court this time!

Remember last night when the Whitehouse claimed it was perfectly fine with a Special Counsel? And that it would get all this silliness out of the way?

I SURE DIDN'T EXPECT DONNIE TO TWEET THE OPPOSITE EARLY IN THE MORNING

I like to think after that carefully worded statement, Donnie went and looked up previous special investigators and the cases they presided over. After learning that they don't tend to expediate things (as that statement seemed to indicate was their expectation) he lost his shit.

That's my guess, but hey... even involving the President directly in the official response doesn't stop him contradicting it the next day.

There was only one move to make last night, and they pretty much made it. They fucked it up today.

Bedlam

I almost expect tomorrow's headline to be "Flynn fled to Russia" or something like that. Either that or he gets arrested.

gkryhewy

Except there was... right? The special council for Whitewater the the Monica Lewinsky shit. Or was that different? Cause I thought that while the name has changed over the years, special prosecutor, independent council, etc, it was all essentially the same job.

Clinton campaign. He means Her Emails.

gabbo

Except there was... right? The special council for Whitewater the the Monica Lewinsky shit. Or was that different? Cause I thought that while the name has changed over the years, special prosecutor, independent council, etc, it was all essentially the same job.
Kenneth Lay

Top Bottom