• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

How did Trump throw Rosenstein under the bus btw? Not American, so I didn't hear of him prior to him appointing a special counsel.

He threw him under the bus by initially letting the story be it was Rosenstein's idea.

Then he backed the bus over him again by saying he would have fired Comey regardless of any recommendation, which made the exercise pointless and turned Rosenstein into just a political pawn.

shiba5

How did Trump throw Rosenstein under the bus btw? Not American, so I didn't hear of him prior to him appointing a special counsel.

Trump had Rosenstein take the fall for firing Comey, and then blurted out on TV that it was all his idea to begin with. It tarnished Rosenstein's reputation and apparently really really pissed him off.

gabbo

In terms of getting Trump booted from office, does it being a criminal investigation help or hinder that? Non-American, not sure how this works for you guys
edit: Or not really change anything

He blamed Comey's firing directly on his memo. However, Trump was stupid enough to admit that he was going to fire him anyway in a later interview.

He threw him under the bus by initially letting the story be it was Rosenstein's idea.

Then he backed the bus over him again by saying he would have fired Comey regardless of any recommendation, which made the exercise pointless and turned Rosenstein into just a political pawn.

Trump had Rosenstein take the fall for firing Comey, and then blurted out on TV that it was all his idea to begin with. It tarnished Rosenstein's reputation and apparently really really pissed him off.

Gotcha, thanks.

dreams

Why are they all holding little miniature Trump dolls

Because it's the worst of the Harry Potter films (even though it's the best book) and dumbass shit like this is added everywhere.

My more pressing question is how did this school choir have enough time to practice with accompanying toads when this is opening the start of term feast???? Damn this film.

jstripes

Banned
Trump has been a criminal scumbag involved with the Russian mafia for decades now and has gotten away with it to the point where he now has normalized the expectations of getting away with it.

Trump's status as a highly visible avatar of The American Dream has allowed him to escape scrutiny for decades.

Alucrid

Banned
Trump wants Flynn back....no seriously....

DAIcToGXoAAFDlQ.jpg

When I had you to myself
I didn't want you around
Those pretty faces always made you
Stand out in a crowd
Then someone picked you from the bunch
One glance was all it took
Now it's much too late for me
To take a second look
Oh, baby, give me one more chance
To show you that I love you
Won't you please let me
Back in your heart
Oh, darling, I was blind to let you go
Let you go baby
Cause now since I see you it is all
I want you back
Yes, I do now
I want you back
Oo oo baby
I want you back
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I want you back
Now now now now

jelly

In terms of getting Trump booted from office, does it being a criminal investigation help or hinder that? Non-American, not sure how this works for you guys
edit: Or not really change anything

I guess it means they will look at many more things, his complete history, family, friends, colleagues. No stone left unturned. So even if they don't find anything completely damning with Russia, they'll find something else.

Graham said as a result, "Congress' ability to conduct investigations of all things Russia has been severely limited."

https://twitter.com/LoopEmma/status/865290626199408641

Graham sees the writing on the wall. He knows that he can freely bash Trump and look like the good guy when all is said and done. He and McCain seemed to really want to remove Trump but were afraid to challenge the party in fear of losing their support.

Rran

Hey guys, have you heard about my electoral college win?

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/865285769736409088

Seriously, this one statement is so Trump.
"We have to show unity if we're going to do great things."

omg. That's real rich coming from someone who has shown absolute intransigence regarding those on the other side of the political aisle. I'm assuming this statement is really directed towards his fellow conservatives, and that they should tow the party line no matter the situation. "It's my way or the highway."

ugh. this guy, man. Everything that's going on right now--all the headlines, the cavalcade of "Breaking News" segments--they're dominating the daily talking points because of what he's done. I guess when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth you just start assuming your way is the highway.

Top Bottom