• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

According to Guthrie’s transcript, Trump said the special prosecutor was appointed because Democrats were still upset about losing.

“It also happens to be a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election that they should have easily won because of the Electoral College being slanted so much in their way,” said Trump. “That’s all this is. I think it shows division, and it shows that we’re not together as a country. And I think it’s a very, very negative thing. And hopefully, this can go quickly, because we have to show unity if we’re going to do great things with respect to the rest of the world.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-special-counsel-will-hurt-country-194216739.html

tumblr_n7j9qs9vJr1raip6qo1_500.gif

gabbo

One of three possibilities in my mind:

1. Don't pay attention to the news, happy the country has not in fact been destroyed yet.
2. That he's doing SO bad that he'll inevitably poison the well for Republicans going forward entirely, and has trapped them between a rock and a hard place.
3. Are just fucking insane and make no sense.
Possibility 4: Those people told the pollster they were Clinton supporters but weren't

Yes the Democrats with their 0 control over any branch of the Federal Government is why we have a special prosecutor.

Trumps an idiot giving Democrats a political win that they didn't really earn. This is all self inflicted wounds.

Yes! Which is odd, since he's said China in the past.

I mean, he's getting there. The Great Wall of China is pretty much the worst example you can find, followed by the Maginot Line, then Hadrian's Wall. So, you know, he skipped a few completely awful ones to a merely very bad one.

You give him ten more shots, and maybe he'll be up to a wall that actually works.

Kusagari

Is he? Haven't heard anything like that yet and I doubt that he would hold a public speech in Germany.

Trump is then expected to reaffirm his commitment to NATO while unveiling the security bloc's memorial, in front of a piece of the Berlin Wall and segment of the World Trade Center. Trump will also say that "for the good of the alliance, all members must share responsibility and share burdens" McMaster said. Secretary of Defense James Mattis will accompany Trump for a NATO meeting and dinner.

http://time.com/4784027/president-trump-foreign-trip/

The piece is actually in Belgium.

This trip next week is going to be to much for the press to handle I'm sure. I'm looking forward to the German press hopefully being able to ask questions, they don't seem to beat around the bush. Didn't they blindside Ivanka recently when she was being interviewed?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Oh come on now. That is just too good to be true.

The Mormon guy from Utah who ran for president as an independent was secretly recording the dirty schemes of Republicans?

It's like, I want to tell the script writers this is getting too far fetched, but it's real life.

McMullin use to be a CIA spy lol. Doing something like that would be a walk in the park for him. Would also be really dumb for the GOP to let him in on private meetings, considering how vocal he has been against Trump.

Minarik

I guess the next NYT/WaPo bombshell isn't hitting during the rush hour like the rest of the week. Hopefully tomorrow? Drop it when Trump is leaving and can't really defend against it.

McMullin use to be a CIA spy lol. Doing something like that would be a walk in the park for him. Would also be really dumb for the GOP to let him in on private meetings, considering how vocal he has been against Trump.

He was a House GOP staffer, which is why he would have been in private meetings.

Durden77

I dunno if we're going to be seeing too many more bombshells until the investigation hits some major peakz. Which is actually kind of good, I imagine Mueller is going to run a tight ship and do this investigation right. Unfortunately for us, that means less leaks. But the pay off will be better.

Nekofrog

Banned
Perhaps today is not a leak day. Today is a day to celebrate the other gifts given to us. Roger ailes, voat dying, the_donald literally imploding in on itself today. We have been given many many gifts

Airola

Was Trump supposed to give some sort of an "emergency" speech today too? Or did I understand something wrong? Did that happen?

I recall people were hoping for something juicy to leak just before that speech.

Top Bottom