• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

y'all got anymore of dem leaks

giphy.gif

thuway

So what all has went down today? and what does the tick tick tick tweet mean? Is more happening today or is this all pandering?

cirrhosis

So what all has went down today? and what does the tick tick tick tweet mean? Is more happening today or is this all pandering?

The collective thirst is too great. The Internet drank its fill and then some yesterday so there likely won't be anything today.

They ask him if the Attorney General or DOJ officials have ever asked him to stop an investigation. That's not what happened.
I don't see the contradiction.

The big story of late is about Comey's memos of Trump's behavior, not the AG or DAG. (Though the AG later helping to fire Comey would certainly count)

Its good to look back on his testimony in light of recent news, but I don't see how this changes things.

Just saw this:

Comey admits under oath obstructions never happened (May 3rd)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...th-obstructions-investigations-never-happened

I mean.. its in the Video. Its under oath. Could this be Bad?

It's nothing, that is a prime example of why the GOP members in these committees have been asking such irrelevant/tangential questions. They want soundbites like that they can quote completely out of context and then they can use it to mislead people. That question was specifically about whether Comey had faced obstructions from within the DOJ/from the AG himself and had nothing to do with Trump or any direct member of his team outside of Sessions.

CDX

As long as he remains President, can't Trump simply pardon everyone (other than himself)?

Trump can only issue pardons for federal charges.
They could also be facing state charges too, which Trump can't pardon.

This post from earlier in the day explained some of the possible scenarios

Pretty sure he can't.

Not sure if I can explain it... but one of the investigations is in either Virginia or NYC, and if he's charged with a crime there, Trump wouldn't be able to pardon him. It's only if he was charged federally.

Something like that... I'm sure someone can explain it better.

EDIT: I know this is from Mensch's blog, but I think it explains it:

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/11...-means-president-hatch-rico-case-against-gop/

Some readers have expressed dismay that President Trump may use his powers of pardon to escape justice by pardoning his own confederates in their crimes. Several, separate sources with links to both the intelligence and justice communities note that any person or candidate who accepted laundered donations through banks with branches in Wall Street (even if they are from, say, Wisconsin) is liable to charges from New York’s state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. Further, it is understood that the FBI and Federal Prosecutors are working on multiple sets of charges both carefully and individually. Were Mr. Trump to pardon General Flynn for violating the Logan Act, as one example, Flynn would have to accept he committed the crime and Trump would thereby admit his own guilt, leading to impeachment. Prosecutors might then bring separate, subsequent cases against Flynn for RICO, violations of FARA, lying to the FBI, lying on his SF-86, and so forth. At the same time, state courts, where Trump has no powers of pardon, would proceed against Flynn on money laundering crimes, and obstruction of justice charges against Trump might be laid out by Federal prosecutors before the Senate. Violation of the Logan Act is one charge against Flynn which applies to both Trump and Pence, and some lawyers read the power of Presidential pardon as not to apply to cases involving a President’s own impeachment.

Not

Banned
Perhaps today is not a leak day. Today is a day to celebrate the other gifts given to us. Roger ailes, voat dying, the_donald literally imploding in on itself today. We have been given many many gifts

Didn't hear about Voat. God, what an awesome week.

I don't even understand the clamoring for the pee tape. Right wingers, evangelicals included, would just wave it off with "Boys will be boys!" And if it included Obama hatred in some fashion, his approval rating with that group would probably get a bump.

What we really need is a tape of him admitting that he's ok with immigrants/gays/choice or any combination thereof.

But that, of course, does not exist.

Zolo

I don't even understand the clamoring for the pee tape. Right wingers, evangelicals included, would just wave it off with "Boys will be boys!" And if it included Obama hatred in some fashion, his approval rating with that group would probably get a bump.

What we really need is a tape of him admitting that he's ok with immigrants/gays/choice or any combination thereof.

But that, of course, does not exist.
The biggest thing the tape would do is provide legitimacy to the dossier since it's the most outlandish part of it.

Top Bottom