• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

DAI2m9NXcAAaQrh.jpg:large
By absolutely zero metrics.

Hahaha.

The rest doesn't matter.

Think back to High School. Failed a test? Said something stupid? Get embarrassed by a teacher? Get in a fight? Steal something? Get caught with drugs? etc.

All forgivable and forgettable.

Someone catches you masturbating?

High school life is over. People will remember that 15 years at the reunion.

No different here. How many times have politicians been caught with dirty hands or lying? All the time, but get caught with the pool boy? Life is over.
I went to school with a kid named Cody Hacket. In Middle School, the story was that he asked to go to the bathroom. A bit later, the principal pulled him into the classroom and said "This young man was caught doing something very, very bad in the bathroom and is going home."

The school-wide assumption became that the principal caught him masturbating (which seems unlikely, but whatever). Even in our senior year of high school, he was univerally known as "Cody Whack-it".

Eusis

Don't expect impeachment anytime soon. They first have to build a case damning enough to sway the GOP controlled House and Senate.
And how long since KH2 came out? I'd half expect either after 2018, or him being ousted from the presidency and Democrats going "we'd have totally impeached him if we controlled the house and senate then."

I suppose Medicare for all would be more appropriate, though not really a scandal.

ICO_SotC

GOP leadership sources worry Evan McMullin had a tape on while he sat silently through their confidential meetings.

Oh come on now. That is just too good to be true.

The Mormon guy from Utah who ran for president as an independent was secretly recording the dirty schemes of Republicans?

It's like, I want to tell the script writers this is getting too far fetched, but it's real life.

Sephzilla

If we get actual recorded evidence of Trump telling Comey to make the Flynn investigation go away then I legitimately think we'd get Trump's resignation by Monday

Listen, Trump's wrong about a lot of things, but there's one thing he's right about: the Presidential inverse kinematics need some work. They're not like ME: Andromeda levels of bad, or anything, but someone's gonna get stuck in the geometry if we don't get on top of this.

zethren

Banned
If we get actual recorded evidence of Trump telling Comey to make the Flynn investigation go away then I legitimately think we'd get Trump's resignation by Monday

I wish that would be the case, but I think he's still too proud to ever resign. Despite any evidence that would surface. That said, if we got that I think there would be a lot more fire under DC's butt for impeachment talks.

he's probably joking. that being said i'd shit a brick if it was the piss tape

No way it's the piss tape

My guess is it's the same medium, some type of recording

Unless he's just turning into the other two twitter trolls and flinging shit just for it, but I doubt it based on his relations

Think like Trump. You can't be kicked out of office if you quit. He absolutely would say "they never impeached me" if he did that.

That is more like him but this isn't another loan he's walking away from, it's all the prestige he always wanted.

He would leave for another country, declare America overtaken by terrorists and say he's still president before he just quit.

Eusis

15% of Clinton voters approve of Trump so far? What? How?
One of three possibilities in my mind:

1. Don't pay attention to the news, happy the country has not in fact been destroyed yet.
2. That he's doing SO bad that he'll inevitably poison the well for Republicans going forward entirely, and has trapped them between a rock and a hard place.
3. Are just fucking insane and make no sense.

BFIB

When I left work yesterday, Muellen wasn't announced. I get home to a nice surprise.

Here's hoping today is even better.

Top Bottom