• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

Late night #F1Baku kerb repairs underway.

Darren Heath
‏@F1Photographer

ClLV5IMVYAAzQrP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/f1photographer/status/743892149624836096

After problems with kerb retaining bolts coming loose and causing cut left rear tyres in FP, the exit kerbs at Turns 6 and 12 will be removed, and replaced with painted versions.

[...]

The apex kerb is also being removed from Turn 13, although it is not actually used as the racing line.

[...]

The FIA is also removing the apex kerb at the tight left-hander that forms the pit exit, and replacing it with paint.

The pit entry will be modified too:

Drivers confirmed that, because of undulations on the main straight, they found it hard to see the pit entry white line.

As such, the line is to be extended further back and moved to the left, while its beginning will also be marked with a new pit entry sign.

It is understood that, for safety reasons, drivers will not be allowed to cross the white line, in either direction, so they can't make a late change of mind about whether to pit or not.

In addition, they can't cross the white line while racing, so, in effect, the far left of that section of the straight will be reserved solely for cars entering the pits.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-makes-changes-to-baku-kerbs-and-pit-entry-789237/

Shaneus

As mentioned before I like the circuit more and more. Can't wait to try it out in F1 2016.

The corner RIC crashed on, is the one he made the "you can gain a lot of time if you get this right" comment about.
I think it was the "someone will crash into this corner. Hopefully not me" line!

Jesus. If this were a game I'd be asking how the fuck it made it past QA.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think it was the "someone will crash into this corner. Hopefully not me" line!

Jesus. If this were a game I'd be asking how the fuck it made it past QA.

Lach's correct. The "someone will crash into this corner" comment referred to the Castle section. Ricciardo was past this part when he crashed.

Orbis

There's nothing unusual about all these kerb issues and re-painting, this is pretty much business as usual for a brand new street circuit.

Mastah

Yeah, you have to be moron to pull off stunt like that on such easy to overtake circuit, while leading championship.

Xando

That accident looked like something maldonado would do

No space, too much speed. How did he think he could overtake there?

Juicy Bob

I always find it funny when you have the guys responsible for crashes throwing up the 'what was that?!' gestures.

I really hope the team manager gives Norman a bollocking for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom