• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

That's side hit into Tecpro barriers for you.

Honda is consistently 7 tenths slower than Mercs in last sector, Vettel 5 tenths off.

Lach

As mentioned before I like the circuit more and more. Can't wait to try it out in F1 2016.

The corner RIC crashed on, is the one he made the "you can gain a lot of time if you get this right" comment about.

Aiii

So not worth it
As mentioned before I like the circuit more and more. Can't wait to try it out in F1 2016.

The corner RIC crashed on, is the one he made the "you can gain a lot of time if you get this right" comment about.

Love how it looks, love how it runs, but I dislike the long straights, should have put a chicane or two in there.

Aiii

So not worth it
GP2 qualifying cancelled after a crash, track is broken (curbs specifically).

Rescheduled after second F1 practice.

Business

Ricciardo has been shit since running his mouth post-Moanco.

Did a decent qualy in Canada and after the problem at the start (helped by Rosberg rejoining the track) he was stuck behind his teammate. From that point on he couldn't do much more.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did a decent qualy in Canada and after the problem at the start (helped by Rosberg rejoining the track) he was stuck behind his teammate. From that point on he couldn't do much more.

He wasn't stuck behind his teammate though, Max was saving tires planning for his one-stop because he couldn't hope to catch up to the guys ahead. When he got the call to not hold RIC up, he sped up and increased the gap.

The main problem RIC had that cost him time, other than tire degradation, was having to fight the people behind him.

Mastah

Tobi Grüner ‏@tgruener 8m8 minutes ago

Got info that 90% of all rear tyres had been damaged in FP1. Mostly cuts in left rear. Many drivers had to stop session early

ClJFYB_VEAE2No4.jpg:large

Business

He wasn't stuck behind his teammate though, Max was saving tires planning for his one-stop because he couldn't hope to catch up to the guys ahead. When he got the call to not hold RIC up, he sped up and increased the gap.

The main problem RIC had that cost him time, other than tire degradation, was having to fight the people behind him.

By stuck I'm not implying he had more or less pace than Verstappen but simply saying he was behind, unable to overtake and unable to undercut as he didn't have strategy priority anymore.

Mastah

The Buxton Blog ‏@thebuxtonblog 3m3 minutes ago Azerbaijan

Kerb issue is thus: Pirelli reported cuts in tyres to FIA discovered post FP1. Cause is loose screws in corner kerbing.

Issue is not easy to fix. Female receptor of screw is sunk into concrete but female and male have become dislodged together.

If it was as simple as tightening the screw, it would be fixable in an instant. Question now is how to re-secure female into concrete.

Aiii

So not worth it
By stuck I'm not implying he had more or less pace than Verstappen but simply saying he was behind, unable to overtake and unable to undercut as he didn't have strategy priority anymore.

That's on him though, he drove a less than stellar race in Canada, it's fair to say.

Mastah

Onboard with #blesed:

https://streamable.com/n6az

No wonder Jenson was concerned about Turn 3 and 15, they are doing 320kph and 310kph respectively and if something bad happens, it will be nasty. Remember Sainz at Sochi last year? In Baku there's smaller run-off :/

Aiii

So not worth it
I know, but Arnie and his mates were Commando's.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis was an alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom