• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

Ferrari 2 seconds off the pace, they got some homework to do for tomorrow.

Also there are big gaps between team mates, that's always nice to see when drivers are making the difference.

Aiii

So not worth it
Toro Rosso with 2015 Ferrari PU is ahead, so...

Everyone's engine is turned down, so that doesn't say that much. We'll see, but I can't imagine Williams and FI being behind FER and RBR unless they really fuck up the middle sector.

Zaru

1466169001339.gif

Danielsan

Qualifying will be interesting tomorrow. I have little doubt we'll see a Mercedes 1 - 2, but Ferrari and Red Bull seem to be struggling, Granted, FP2 is hardly the best benchmark for qualifying, but I do wonder of the upgraded Renault engine is enough for the ridiculously long straight on this track.

Zaru

Vettel saying Alonso is taking a bus tour around Baku

FpndICL.png

"I'm tired"
"My feet hurt"
"These marshalls don't know how to move a car"
"I wish I was at home playing F1 2016"

nny

If the only way to leave that runoff is by backing up into the track...I'm worried something bad will happen.

Zaru

Since when does the onboard camera show the driver's display clearly? I thought they were made to only work at one angle for obvious reasons?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like he had MGU-K issue, Vettel was told to go slow and pit for the same issue

EDIT: Beaten like stray dog in Baku

Damn... whilst everyone was close in FP2 in race pace, this appears to be a walkover from Mercedes. Again, very early, and looks like it's going to be even hotter tomorrow and Sunday, but damn that Mercedes looks unbeatable.

Sounds like we could have a fight for best of the rest between FER, RBR FI and WIL.

Mohonky

Sadly I don't expect another good challenge for Mercedes until Hungary.

Mercedes haven't actually brought their upgrade out yet have they? I know Renault had the new PU's in both cars in Canada and Ferrari had a reworked turbo, but Merc have delayed their upgrades haven't they?

They have probably just been sandbagging it for a bit. They were pulling the same shit last year, they just seem to keep everything at a level to be fairly confident of a win without running everything at max.

Zeknurn

I think this is the time to remind everyone that 24 heures du Mans is on this weekend if someone wants to watch close racing for the lead.

Mercedes haven't actually brought their upgrade out yet have they? I know Renault had the new PU's in both cars in Canada and Ferrari had a reworked turbo, but Merc have delayed their upgrades haven't they?

They have probably just been sandbagging it for a bit. They were pulling the same shit last year, they just seem to keep everything at a level to be fairly confident of a win without running everything at max.

Last major aero upgrade is for Silverstone, and last PU upgrade is for Spa. What they are introducing now are track-specific pieces (like that low-drag RW).

Zaru

I think this is the time to remind everyone that 24 heures du Mans is on this weekend if someone wants to watch close racing for the lead.

I haven't watched a lot of Le Mans but considering that teams are laps apart at the end of the race I'm wondering what you mean with "close racing"

I haven't watched a lot of Le Mans but considering that teams are laps apart at the end of the race I'm wondering what you mean with "close racing"

Most of the races of late have been considerably closer than F1 races up front, with actual on track passes for first place happening multiple times per race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom