• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They should change this fastest lap rule to match GP2 - You only get points for fastest lap if you're in the top 10 (or top 8 in the sprint race).

McNum

Remember when Manors were 2-4 seconds slower than the second slowest car last year and some people were saying why they even bother with racing in F1?

CmcouWXWIAAE5ta.jpg:orig

That's why you should never rule anyone out, it's Formula 1 racing and anything can happen. What a great result by Pascal and whole Manor team, to achieve that much in 12 months of time is amazing achievement.

Hopefully Sauber can do similar turnaround with new investment, because we know from 2012 or 2013 they know their stuff.
Yeah, for all the Mercedes drama, this is nice to see. Well done Manor! Never give up, never surrender!

Actually, if there's one thing that annoys me a little about F1 in general these days, it's people finding an excuse to retire the car 5-10 laps early if they're behind. This is the number one racing series in the world? I get why, you have a limited amount of engines, so if you can save 5-10 laps in a race that isn't going to get you points, anyway, it's a fine strategic call. So... there needs to be a rule that incentivises actually finishing the race.

It's kind of why I like Le Mans. They try to make it home. Engine dead, running on electric backup only? If it CAN reach the pit, it WILL reach the pit and get fixed. That's racing spirit. Formula 1 just doesn't have that anymore. Fight to the finish or stay home!

Look at Manor up there. They fought to the finish today and got P10. That's how you do it!

Thread proves that being an F1 fan doesn't necessarily mean you know much about racing.

It's less about that and a bit more about one driver I reckon

Which is fine to be fair, you don't have to like everyone. And you can have legitimate reasons for not liking a driver or a team. But it doesn't look great for their understanding of the sport when you go to the lengths some people have gone to today.

And it makes a lot of discussions pointless because the conclusion is driven by bias and the logic is something to worry about later

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I wonder if Buemi is waiting until the period kicks in where he can use Fan Boost. Might have to wait a while.

(Watch Prost accidentally take his fastest lap away :) )

Zeknurn

Buemi has got this. It's too bad we got robbed of a race for the win but I think Buemi would've pulled away with ease had the collision not happened.

Moozo

Have they repaired Buemi's first car or are you allowed to charge in the pits? Suddenly got a lot more energy again

16:58
Mercedes have delayed Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton's scheduled media briefing this evening.

We understand that, as of ten minutes ago, the Merc duo were still in front of the stewards.

From three minutes ago.

Lach

That was a crazy Formula E finale.

Really happy for Buemi (I hope there's nothing more coming around the corner)!

Zeknurn

Congrats to Buemi for winning the championship. A superior car aside, he definitely deserves it.

Di Grassi was the faster driver overall this season but the disqualifications and mistakes cost him. Hopefully he will be back stronger next season.

Mastah

Congrats Buemi for barely winning championship in a Mercedes of Formula E. Congrats di Grassi for almost taking your title rival out, Schumi would be proud.

Geez, motorsport can be beautiful, but today it was simply ugly :/

Zeknurn

I wonder if Buemi will make that rumoured jump to Renault and take a second shot at F1 or if he will defend his title in Formula E. I'd rather see the latter since it would be a waste for him to mill about at the back of the grid in F1 while Renault goes nowhere.

Orbis

The sad truth of the matter is that the cars are so slow that the wings mean fuck all. They're just for show.
Does make me laugh. But to be fair they are hitting the nail on the head in terms of how to generate interest in a new racing series. In a few years the technology will mean they'll last an entire race on one charge, they'll be much faster, and more money in the sport will mean they can start throwing in some proper race tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom