• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosberg pretending that was about his brakes and that he didn't expect Lewis to turn

Yes, maybe Lewis should have gone straight on instead

Idiot

yami4ct

Yeah, Rosberg basically just admitted that he pushed out Hamilton on the NBC interview. 'My corner'? Ha. Whether he did have brake problems is a separate thing.

SilentRob

Right now I'm arguing with people on Twitter who actually think that was Hamilton's fault because he drove into Rosberg.

My brain hurts.

1dhjVm0.gif
untitled-1022um1.gif

hamchan

I have to say, this might be the first time I've disliked Ted Kravitz. Normally I just enjoy his bumbling, awkward notebooks each race and then not think much of him. But he was really shit today wasn't he. I'm glad Toto shut him down.

NHale

Toto confirms team orders. sort of. At least on the "table"...yes sure.

Get ready for the driver who finishes 1st after pitstops wins.

Orbis

Merc will have to impose team orders.
Toto says team orders are "on the table" now.

I have to say, this might be the first time I've disliked Ted Kravitz. Normally I just enjoy his bumbling, awkward notebooks each race and then not think much of him. But he was really shit today wasn't he. I'm glad Toto shut him down.
He was absolutely terrible today, incredibly unprofessional and spewing fanboy nonsense constantly. As I said I'm a Lewis fan but it was just embarrassing to hear.

SilentRob

Wolf now officially putting Team Orders on the table even though he "hates them" because talking doesn't seem to help and this has to stop.

Good job, Rosberg!

dakun

not defending Rosberg here. It's 100% his fault.
But i do feel like if his car was actually slower at the point at which he started turning the wheel it would be enough for both to make the corner. It would be a hard but fair defending maneuver.

Now whether it's braking issues or not i don't know. But just hypothetically thinking that he was caught out by the failure you could see how his late turning in was actually intended to work without crashing or running him out of the track..

Toto still talking about the brake issue at that corner

but then calling it brainless and putting it on the drivers

Nice balanced view there

yami4ct

Fuck Team orders dictating this championship.

What else do you do as a team in this situation? You have your drivers costing you points through unnecessary incidents twice already and it's likely only to get worse. As a fan I don't want that of course, but it's probably the right move for the team.

NHale

All i see is him turning late. As if Hamilton would have done different.

It's a dirty turn in. But if he indeed had brake problems they will not give him a penalty because they can't prove he was able to turn earlier. Actually the footage shows the car doesn't actually turn in when he starts turning the wheel. But yes he braked later to crash into Lewis or at least put him outside the track. He will be a lucky boy if he had a brake problem.

Hasney

Really hoping team orders are brought in for Silverstone, Rosberg leads after the last pit stops but has an issue or wasn't given the right tyres or something and Hamilton is told not to challenge him.... There's no way he'll listen and the dram will be even more.

SilentRob

Why would him? It's not obligatory, you can use all the track like he did, everyone does it.

Not if there is a car next to you who has no chance at all to actually follow to turn without leaving the track. Hamilton would actually have to pretty much stop driving and halt the car to not leave the track or crash into Rosberg. That's not how F1 works.

Kahoona

Really hoping team orders are brought in for Silverstone, Rosberg leads after the last pit stops but has an issue or wasn't given the right tyres or something and Hamilton is told not to challenge him.... There's no way he'll listen and the dram will be even more.

I think the British fans and David Croft would rush the track if Mercedes says not to challenge.

Assuming that Rosberg is telling the truth, i.e. brake problems, I don't see what he did wrong. He had to turn in (very) late, because otherwise he would have simply lost the car and crashed into Hamilton.

Edit: You can actually see that the car does nothing when he first tries to turn in.

Quite curious actually what the rules are in terms of letting drivers in when they are off track. One might argue that Ros should have left enough space for Ham, or one could argue that the driver that's off the track has to wait until there is enough space to get in (I have no clue what's the rule there).

G-Unit

you are missing the people, you are at the last lap, you don't really plan things. You just do and trying to corner the one on the offside seems basic racing to me. But its a shit thing to do, the thing is Hamilton does it pretty well, but when nico does it... oh shit what a turd. Blind Fanboyism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom