• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
We'll probably see Hamilton get a penalty by September at this rate...
and how is Verstappen's car on its 5th set of control electronics? Is that Kvyat's fault?

Not sure if fault. The car was on its third when VES took the wheel.

Zaru

They don't look half as weird as the drivers on the game's cover.

You're not gonna get this many "characters" modelled with state of the art human rendering techniques in a game like this. They look recognisable enough, which is a step up.
I wonder if any of them are voiced though. Imagine having to get all these F1 personalities to dub video game lines, hah.

They don't look half as weird as the drivers on the game's cover.

You're not gonna get this many "characters" modelled with state of the art human rendering techniques in a game like this. They look recognisable enough, which is a step up.
I wonder if any of them are voiced though. Imagine having to get all these F1 personalities to dub video game lines, hah.
Codemasters will probably just get an answering machine to do Kimi's lines.

anx10us

Banned
Need some US GAF help, i'm in Palo Alto from Saturday, I want to try and watch the race live, any idea if I can watch it on TV ?

Basically what channel(s) is the race on ? are they the sort of channels usually available in Hotels or are they pay channels ?

The other option is to find a bar/pub etc that shows the race live, by my reckoning its a 6:00am start ? Any chance anywhere would be open for breakfast and the race ?

We have a car, so Palo Alto / San Jose area would work ..

Thanks

Thanks, its the Hilton and it has "premium channels", so i'm hoping we have CNBC ..

ramparter

Banned
I think they look really good as long as they're not looking directly at you. Pretty nice achievement for a game with a (probably) small budget.
If the games was also budget priced it would make it easier for me to jump. When it releases it cost too much, when the price drops the season is over. They should have a subscription model, I mean I would pay 25$-30$ per year to have the latest version while now I've paid them nothing...

Zaru

I've just pondered about the current high density of "teams which want to get back on top".

Since 2005, we've had McLaren, Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and Mercedes as championship-winning constructors that are still around. Go a bit further back and Williams joins the fray.

McLaren thinks it can get back on top with Honda.
Renault thinks it can get back on top just by dedicating itself to being a works team again.
Red Bull feels like they can get back on top if Renault gets its engine shit together.
Ferrari does what Ferrari has always done.
Mercedes wants to keep its position.
Williams... well, who knows. They're definitely not happy barely scraping a podium here and there, although that's better than what they've dealt with for quite a few years.

You need to go quite far back to find another situation where so many established championship-winning constructors were seriously aiming for the top.

What I'm getting at is... things might get shaken up again soon. There's a rather periodic pattern since the late 70s.

2 winning constructors from 2010-2016.
5 different winning constructors from 2005-2010.
2 different winning constructors from 1998-2004 (or 2000-2006)
4 different winning constructors from 1993-2000.
2 different winning constructors from 1984-1993.
5 different winning constructors from 1978-1984.
Further back it gets more varied.
(by winning I mean either driver's or constructor's championship)

Statistically we should be close to some major upsets where around two additonal teams can nab championships. Though I see neither Mercedes weakening that much nor Red Bull falling so far behind with the formula changes next year, history says it should happen.

John_B

At the end they were saying that Perez ultimately crashed because the team weren't allowed to warn him about his brakes being on edge. Force India even put the request to race control but was denied. The people in race control must have felt great about undermining their own efforts.

It's not like everyone couldn't see this a mile away with these totally useless rules. It's a great mystery why there are people involved with this sport that is constantly suggesting dumb stuff. Watch as grid penalties is slowly becoming the way to "shake up the field".

spuckthew

It's not like everyone couldn't see this a mile away with these totally useless rules. It's a great mystery why there are people involved with this sport that is constantly suggesting dumb stuff. Watch as grid penalties is slowly becoming the way to "shake up the field".

We're basically gonna get that with Hamilton's inevitable engine penalties, and it'll give Rosberg a championship to boot.

Blastoise

Banned
Kimi has had a good season so far. Might be good for development for Ferrari in 2017.

But for gods sake get rid of Massa. Williams' seem to be running a charity for him.

tomtom94

If I were a young driver right now I'd be wondering what more I have to do in order to bump out one of the old guard.

Sorry, I know Kimi was really quick back in the day and I know it was exciting when he was briefly challenging for the championship but he's not that driver any more. I am pretty convinced Grosjean would do a better job with that car.

Zaru

Kimi, button, alonso and massa should have been booted long time ago. The sport needs young blood for God sake

This chart about "driver age at the start of next season vs. being part of the 5 highest spending teams" popped up recently

oGJgFi7.png

Dat Verstappen outlier.
Red Bull is the only big team regularly giving younger drivers a chance nowadays.
Heck, how old will Vandoorne be when he finally gets to drive for McLaren? They used to give young upstarts like Kimi and Lewis a chance. I understand that they're in a "build-up" phase, but...

Zaru

Fun fact about Fernando, Lewis and Vettel, their age difference (rounded down) is also the time difference between their first championships (2005, 2008, 2010)

We keeping Kimi for another year?

I have to say, he's been doing better lately so that's nice. Plus the car will be shit again anyway, so who really cares.

Fuck Kimi and fuck his bullshit attitude. This asshole needs to leave the sport asap.

Fucking Ferrari, man.

We banking it all on the year after next year with German Jesus and Mexican Jesus.

Zeknurn

Ted "Stop being mean to Hamilton" Kravitz said that Ferrari is trying to get his number one idol, Hamilton to replace Kimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom