• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Bild Hulk is very close to joining Renault:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-fahrermarkt-fuer-2017-10877371.html

If it happens second Force India seat would go to Wehrlein or Ocon, while second seat at Renault may be taken by Vergne (which I personally think is a long shot), Gasly.or Ocon.

Wehrlein and Ocon seem fairly entrenched with Mercedes and Red Bull. Don't really see the logic in Renault going after them.

Ocon is also signed to Mercedes, but he doesn't seem like a priority for them and could probably be had permanently. I'd say he's the most likely candidate.

cilonen

The in lap interview was class. Really good addition.

Lewis is turning into a massive cock. A talented and quick massive cock, but still a massive cock.

Aiii

So not worth it
The in lap interview was class. Really good addition.

Lewis is turning into a massive cock. A talented and quick massive cock, but still a massive cock.

For such a religious guy, you would think he would believe in karma a bit more and spend more time not being an entitled prick. Lauda needs to sit that boy down.

Thing is, if Lewis was Verstappen's or Ocon's age, that would be still be okay, but the guy is 31... At that age, a bit of professionalism isn't too much to ask for.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
For such a religious guy, you would think he would believe in karma a bit more and spend more time not being an entitled prick. Lauda needs to sit that boy down.

Thing is, if Lewis was Verstappen's or Ocon's age, that would be still be okay, but the guy is 31... At that age, a bit of professionalism isn't too much to ask for.
the guy is rattled, rosberg is having a fantastic season, most team mates usually accept their second driver position, specially after you have 2 championships but rosberg fights every year but this year aside from some missteps he has been on point

Fox Mulder

I watch the conferences when I can. Love to hear some Q&A from the drivers.

I do too, but it's fun to hear Alonso or Button talk about their shitbox or how a guy like Sainz feels about whatever at the track.

All the questions to Lewis are prodding for some drama shit from the last race. He seems to get rattled really easily after a loss, and wants to get past it for the next one. I don't blame him for getting sick of the media during a close championship chase.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do too, but it's fun to hear Alonso or Button talk about their shitbox or how a guy like Sainz feels about whatever at the track.

All the questions to Lewis are prodding for some drama shit from the last race. He seems to get rattled really easily after a loss, and wants to get past it for the next one. I don't blame him for getting sick of the media during a close championship chase.

He opened that can of worms himself, and now he is crying about getting questions about it. That is on him, he is acting like a child. Woe is him, poor millionaire driver having to answer questions from the press and getting criticised for playing with his phone instead of doing his job for 20 minutes. Ridiculous behaviour.

The only thing he has accomplished is making me want to see him get destroyed by Nico, heh.

Jezbollah

Those sponsors would prefer the fans were engaged.

Hands up, who here actually watches the whole conference or reads the transcript?

The amount of people who might/might not watch the press conferences is besides the point. If you are in front of any camera on your duties as a team driver, it is your job to look professional. Hamilton has just looked completely distracted throughout the entire year - and if Rosberg wins the title after two seasons of being clearly the more focused driver then you have to ask yourself if he's actually completely interested in his job.

Or would he rather be DJing?

The press has had it in for years, mate. I don't think you're taking this into account. When you have guys like McEvoy or Daniel Johnson waiting for you at every turn, it takes its toll.

In recent history, no driver has ever had the scrutiny that Lewis has had. Not even Alonso or Kimi. You'd probably have to go back to Michael., and even then most of the scrutiny was due to his on-track shenanigans.

The amount of people who might/might not watch the press conferences is besides the point. If you are in front of any camera on your duties as a team driver, it is your job to look professional. Hamilton has just looked completely distracted throughout the entire year - and if Rosberg wins the title after two seasons of being clearly the more focused driver then you have to ask yourself if he's actually completely interested in his job.

Do you have paddock access to conclude this? Lewis just happens to dislike pressers.

the guy is rattled, rosberg is having a fantastic season, most team mates usually accept their second driver position, specially after you have 2 championships but rosberg fights every year but this year aside from some missteps he has been on point

If you look in depth, you'd see 2016 is basically 2015 (where Lewis comfortably outpaced Nico most of the time) with Lewis having more mechanical issues. Good for Nico to stay focused and collect the points but there has not been any on-track action between the two all year, and Lewis's mechanical issues have actually robbed us of a tighter fight for the WDC.

Fox Mulder

Or would he rather be DJing?

Hamilton has been the better driver and has won two the last two championships. I don't get how he's not interested in the job when this is only as close of a race due to his reliability issues really.

People say they don't want emotionless PR bots, but slam lewis for being emotional. Even happy ricciardo pouted after having a win stolen at Monaco.

Aiii

So not worth it
If the choice is, apparently, to either act like an entitled 15-year-old brat or a mindless robot, I will gladly chose the latter.

But luckily those aren't the only choices.

Zeknurn

How about we let the champion skip the drivers conference but instead he will have to answer questions by Herbert over the radio during the whole race.

He unfortunately wont. Too many mechanical gremlins affecting him at crucial moments. Rosberg WDC is a done deal imo.

I'll have my puke bag ready for when all the tabloids start talking about Nicosia completely deserved WDC as if Lewis wouldn't have made him look like an absolute trash driver were it not for the mechanical problems.

Seriously, Lewis coming back from almost 50 points down in the WDC, then taking a penalty to equalise, then inevitably working his way back up towards the end of the year.

All things being normal, Lewis would have EASILY finished this season about 50 points ahead of Nico, yet you have ass hats talking about his driving style, his commitment, his concentration, all the while being the better driver this year and pretty much walloping Nico after balancing out the insane amount of technical issues.

Hes let a lot of BS slide this year and taken it on the chin. It's no surprise that he gets pissed off at least once this season.

But it's Lewis so, you know how it goes.

Nico deserves the WDC because of shitty clutches and engines on Lewis' car. Also known as "stepping up his game". Interesting game if you ask me.

Well done Nico. Best WDC.

I'll have my puke bag ready for when all the tabloids start talking about Nicosia completely deserved WDC as if Lewis wouldn't have made him look like an absolute trash driver were it not for the mechanical problems.

Seriously, Lewis coming back from almost 50 points down in the WDC, then taking a penalty to equalise, then inevitably working his way back up towards the end of the year.

All things being normal, Lewis would have EASILY finished this season about 50 points ahead of Nico, yet you have ass hats talking about his driving style, his commitment, his concentration, all the while being the better driver this year and pretty much walloping Nico after balancing out the insane amount of technical issues.

Hes let a lot of BS slide this year and taken it on the chin. It's no surprise that he gets pissed off at least once this season.

Nico deserves the WDC because of shitty clutches and engines on Lewis' car.

Sublime post. I hope Lewis wins it just to swim in the delicious salty tears of Nico and his fans. ;)

Edit: to clarify, yes i'm a fan of LH's but i'm not blind. I can recognise when Nico's done a good job and congratulate him as such on more F1-focussed forums. However, were it not for Lewis' mechanical gremlins the WDC outlook would look a lot different and that's one thing a lot of people are downplaying. I hate races won by DNF.

Pterion

Nico deserves the WDC because of shitty clutches and engines on Lewis' car. Also known as "stepping up his game". Interesting game if you ask me.

Could not have said it better myself, except I value Rosberg as a pretty good driver, just not as special as Hamilton for obvious reasons.

Ark

Yup. It'll be a real shame if Nico wins it without ever actually fighting for it.

So Rosberg winning the title is not deserved because he wasn't really fighting for, while Hamilton would deserve it because he is not really fighting for because the other driver in the only similiar fast car is a trash driver.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Rosberg winning the title is not deserved because he wasn't really fighting for, while Hamilton would deserve it because he is not really fighting for because the other driver in the only similiar fast car is a trash driver.

I was about to reply. If Nico is so shit, we can then infer that Lewis is only a three time champion because his car was so utterly dominant for the past two years.

Ark

I was about to reply. If Nico is so shit, we can then infer that Lewis is only a three time champion because his car was so utterly dominant for the past two years.

You need to let your bias go. It only creates trash-posting and kills any actual discussion. Goes for a lot of people in this thread actually.

EDIT: Before someone calls me a wannabe-mod - I just miss a lot of the civilised discussion that used to take place in these threads, too much of it is just angry bullshit.

At least you'd be making a point that makes a modicum of sense and could be evidenced with facts and stats that exist..

Calling NICO a deserving WDC winner who "stepped his game up" and all the other BS were hearing and more we will hear soon is just stupid to everyone with eyes.

Also if we really want to get into it, Lewis has proven himself against all his team mates, has won when he should, when he shouldn't or wasn't expected to, was the only real expected threat vs VETTEL on Sundays during the late V8 era and has shown he can come back from 25+ points deficits in wdc battles.

Lewis' pace and talent was a known quantity since he was in a go kart and has pretty much never been successfully questioned. He's also pretty much dominated headlines since he got in a car, winning or not. THAT is why he's 3x wdc.

I also find it weird people are all upset that I'm kicking against the narrative that NICO would be a deserving WDC when its CLEAR he wouldn't. Extremely so. What's to argue about there?

Its not even like people are disagreeing, just being passive aggressive and trying to make petty "comebacks" against the blatant truth I just posted.

Pundits: NICO has upped his game!

GrizzleBoy: He quite obviously would be getting pummelled right now if Lewis' engines worked.

Other poster A: Exactly Griz, its quite obvious

Other poster B: So that means Hamilton is only winning because he's better than his team mate????

GrizzleBoy: Yes? Again, its obvious to anyone looking? What is your point there?

Jezbollah

Hamilton has been the better driver and has won two the last two championships. I don't get how he's not interested in the job when this is only as close of a race due to his reliability issues really.

People say they don't want emotionless PR bots, but slam lewis for being emotional. Even happy ricciardo pouted after having a win stolen at Monaco.

I dont disagree that there is a balance to be had between being PR bots and goofy to a point of unprofessionalism. Kimi is closer to one side, Danny Ric a little to the other. But when you're in front of the cameras at one of the very few times where you are contractually asked to represent your team (and yourself) busting out Snapchat is not the thing to do.

Yes Lewis has been the better driver, and he has had some bad luck, but he's also been his own worst enemy at times this year when he should have won. The more I see of Lewis acting like this, the more I'm content in seeing Nico win the championship. At least he can look like he's paying attention instead of goofing off.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Even the mighty Honda engine won't be powerful enough to move the mountains of salt that will arise should Rosberg win this WDC.

DBT85

Even the mighty Honda engine won't be powerful enough to move the mountains of salt that will arise should Rosberg win this WDC.

pls.

The salt is going to be huge no matter who wins it. If Lewis does it then it'll be "fucking blessed and his rap and his glasses and he lifestyle blehhhhhhhhhh" and if Nico wins it'll be "he had the fastest car and due to circumstances, no competition most of the time"

At least you'd be making a point that makes a modicum of sense and could be evidenced with facts and stats that exist..

Calling NICO a deserving WDC winner who "stepped his game up" and all the other BS were hearing and more we will hear soon is just stupid to everyone with eyes.

Also if we really want to get into it, Lewis has proven himself against all his team mates, has won when he should, when he shouldn't or wasn't expected to, was the only real expected threat vs VETTEL on Sundays during the late V8 era and has shown he can come back from 25+ points deficits in wdc battles.

Lewis' pace and talent was a known quantity since he was in a go kart and has pretty much never been successfully questioned. He's also pretty much dominated headlines since he got in a car, winning or not. THAT is why he's 3x wdc.

I also find it weird people are all upset that I'm kicking against the narrative that NICO would be a deserving WDC when its CLEAR he wouldn't. Extremely so. What's to argue about there?

Its not even like people are disagreeing, just being passive aggressive and trying to make petty "comebacks" against the blatant truth I just posted.

Pundits: NICO has upped his game!

GrizzleBoy: He quite obviously would be getting pummelled right now if Lewis' engines worked.

Other poster A: Exactly Griz, its quite obvious

Other poster B: So that means Hamilton is only winning because he's better than his team mate????

GrizzleBoy: Yes? Again, its obvious to anyone looking? What is your point there?

A lot, I guess. You think Rosberg wouldn't deserve to be a WDC, others think it would be deserved. What now? There is no "evidence" to support either idea, although I'm sure people will come up with all kinds of issues that one or the other had and will ignore or downplay the ones the other driver had.

A lot, I guess. You think Rosberg wouldn't deserve to be a WDC, others think it would be deserved. What now? There is no "evidence" to support either idea, although I'm sure people will come up with all kinds of issues that one or the other had and will ignore or downplay the ones the other driver had.

NICO has done nothing to deserve the WDC other than not have such race wrecking car issues as Lewis. Were talking about levels of performance and "stepping his game up" by losing a two race win points advantage that would've left him looking terrible if Lewis' engines were good.

The only reason you could think he does is if you do just as you say and downplay the fact that Nico has not had such race ruining issues as Lewis. The "both sides" argument doesn't really work when both sides aren't affected to the same extent.

Its that simple, you can argue, but you'd be quite obviously wrong.

NICO has done nothing to deserve the WDC other than not have such race wrecking car issues as Lewis. Were talking about levels of performance and "stepping his game up" by losing a two race win points advantage that would've left him looking terrible if Lewis' engines were good.

The only reason you could think he does is if you do just as you say and downplay the fact that Nico has not had such race ruining issues as Lewis. The "both sides" argument doesn't really work when both sides aren't affected to the same extent.

Its that simple, you can argue, but you'd be quite obviously wrong.

I guess we'll just have to agree on disagreeing. You think he doesn't deserve it, I think he does. But obviously I'm wrong, because you think I am lol.

I guess we'll just have to agree on disagreeing. You think he doesn't deserve it, I think he does. But obviously I'm wrong, because you think I am lol.

I'm basing my view on the fact that with no engine failures and not protecting his last engine till the mid season, Lewis would factually be making Romberg look terrible right now.

The same performances NICO has done that merit some perceived "step up" in ability, performance etc, would leave him looking worse than average if his team mate engines weren't broken.

What's the basis for your view on NICO deserving this wdc over Lewis?

NHale

So if Nico is trash and still finish yesterday ahead of Lewis, what does that make Lewis?

Or is there another amazing conspiracy that justify why Lewis wasn't at least 0.5 secs faster than a trash driver?

So if Nico is trash and still finish yesterday ahead of Lewis, what does that make Lewis?

Or is there another amazing conspiracy that justify why Lewis wasn't at least 0.5 secs faster than a trash driver?

The point being made, was that if you subtracted the mechanical issues, Nico qualifying ahead of Lewis in Suzuka would be pretty meaningless and the WDC would likely be decided already.

Just like how Nico winning how many amounts of races in a row after Lewis already won the WDC in 2015 were kind of meaningless.

Factoring in Nicos numerous showings of poor race craft in head to head battles earning him multiple penalties, having poor pace in wet conditions, having a 43 point lead due to mechanical faults of his team mate turn into a 50-60 point swing against him to end up 20 or so points behind and only be able to make a comeback due to engine penalties and even more failures on the other side of the garage etc it all leads to my actual point.

Nicos performance has not been great this year.

With the exact same performance that Nico is being praised for this year, take away Lewis' engine issues and that same performance puts him at the same level of performance when he was stomped in 2015 and people started talking about his future at Mercedes.

Meaning the "Nico stepped his game up" talk, as if that's the reason why he's ahead, is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom