• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

9ns0k.jpg

Ricciardo looks so goofy in this one.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Won't drivers suddenly have to put on their PR face if the briefing gets broadcasted?

Sadly yes. It was probably the one place where they could complain and moan and question stewardship anc track changes in private but now won't be able to.

Aiii

So not worth it
Drivers Press Conference was particularly awkward today. Hamilton was playing with his mobile phone all day. Kimi was there. For some reason both Wehrlein and Palmer were there. Sainz was slumped so far down in his seat he barely got his head over the desk.

I know it's not the most fun thing in the world to sit there and answer dumb or difficult questions, but for fucks sake lads, some of you get paid tens of millions of dollars to be the PR front of your team and sponsors, put some effort in.

NHale

Spanish press is starting to fuel the rumors that the Honda engine upgrade that was tested at Sepang by Alonso is going to allow McLaren to fight with Ferrari in the last races of the season. Don't know if they are using the same McLaren-Honda rocketship source but if this happens...oh boy.

Drivers Press Conference was particularly awkward today. Hamilton was playing with his mobile phone all day. Kimi was there. For some reason both Wehrlein and Palmer were there. Sainz was slumped so far down in his seat he barely got his head over the desk.

I know it's not the most fun thing in the world to sit there and answer dumb or difficult questions, but for fucks sake lads, some of you get paid tens of millions of dollars to be the PR front of your team and sponsors, put some effort in.

While I agree that Lewis didn't behave like it should in a professional environment, they do have the change the formats of the press conferences. Drivers already have media days where they meet everyone and even do some 1 on 1 interviews with local media. Unless there is some major controversy, I don't remember the last time there were some relevant information that came from a drivers press conference.

The "budgie" nine got off with fines for public nuisance and 1 year suspended jail sentence and I assume are on the plane back to Australia as I type. Interestingly, one of the nine was an advisor/staffer to one of the most powerful government ministers!

Zeknurn

@tgruener
Sauber decided to run 2016-spec Ferrari engines next season according to our infos.
Motorsport has bought Autosport and a bunch of other properties.

Latest weather forecast (via @f1enigma)
rMdANWJ.jpg
Devbot spotted at the Hong Kong ePrix (via Current E)
hzQhJVL.jpg

Sauber seriously considered taking up an entry slot for the inaugural Formula E season and is still evaluating doing so in the future, says the Formula 1 team's boss Monisha Kaltenborn.(Autosport.com)

I could see the Sauber team dropping F1 for Formula E if the EU Commission or Liberty Media doesn't make running an F1 team financially more viable.

ramparter

Banned
Spanish press is starting to fuel the rumors that the Honda engine upgrade that was tested at Sepang by Alonso is going to allow McLaren to fight with Ferrari in the last races of the season. Don't know if they are using the same McLaren-Honda rocketship source but if this happens...oh boy.
I'd normally call bs but they ve been getting close. I really hope it turns out to be the case.

Aiii

So not worth it
screenshot2016-10-06a78qkg.png

Cheeky RIC.

Same thing happened here in the US with auto enthusiast publications. They've all been gobbled up and centralized.

As someone who works in the publishing business, this is pretty much par for the course everywhere. Small publications simply can't survive in this world anymore, not enough advertisers, not enough income. The only way to survive is to be a big player so you can combine or even outsource non-editorial departments to service multiple publications.

Fox Mulder

It's an irrelevant event and the drivers are bored as shit.

Why are drivers going to say truly interesting things days before the race that could become a distraction, and most want to get past the last race and dodge those questions too.

Yagami_Sama

So, Alonso with the new engine got the 9th time. I missed the the first practice, but how many laps he did? Or he broke the car, and jsut did a few laps ?

Zeknurn

Thanks SunhiLegend. I can sleep through practice with you on the watch.

Here's the schedule for the Hong Kong ePrix

I hadn't heard of the e-Touring Car Challenge until now but it apparently it's a bunch of electric Golfs going around the track. Why do I have a feeling that it will be a carnage because of the track?

Paddy Lowe telling Kravitz that the smoke during Rosberg's practice start was a surprise and that they will look into it. Uh oh? #followthemoney #blessed

Yagami_Sama

Horrible performance from both Mclarens.

Even with the new upgrade, Alonso’s car looks as bad as Button.

And people were saying that they might win, score a podium and fight with the Ferraris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom