• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

I'll have my puke bag ready for when all the tabloids start talking about Nicosia completely deserved WDC as if Lewis wouldn't have made him look like an absolute trash driver were it not for the mechanical problems.

Seriously, Lewis coming back from almost 50 points down in the WDC, then taking a penalty to equalise, then inevitably working his way back up towards the end of the year.

All things being normal, Lewis would have EASILY finished this season about 50 points ahead of Nico, yet you have ass hats talking about his driving style, his commitment, his concentration, all the while being the better driver this year and pretty much walloping Nico after balancing out the insane amount of technical issues.

Hes let a lot of BS slide this year and taken it on the chin. It's no surprise that he gets pissed off at least once this season.

But it's Lewis so, you know how it goes.

Nico deserves the WDC because of shitty clutches and engines on Lewis' car. Also known as "stepping up his game". Interesting game if you ask me.

Well done Nico. Best WDC.

I'm a Hamilton fan (have been since his Formula 3 season), but I can respect Rosberg enough as a driver to have been where he needed to be to maximise his points total. I mean, it's not Rosberg's fault that Hamilton's car broke down so many times. Rosberg capitalised on Hamilton's early-season woes and the clutch issues.

It sucks because Hamilton has lost two previous championships through mechanical reliability, so it would be nice if he could claw this one back and flip the 'higher power' the bird while he's at it.

Rosberg deserves the WDC, and he's a good driver, but he's had it remarkably easy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Ark

What bias?

Downplaying Rosberg and calling him a trash driver only downplays Hamilton's archivement in the last three years.
It's really that simple.

Are Schumacher's achievements downplayed because he had Irvine, Barrichello, and Massa for teammates?

Are Hakkinen's achievements downplayed because he had Coulthard for a teammate?

Are Alonso's achievements downplayed because he had Trulli, Piquet Jr, and Massa for teammates?

Are Senna's achievements downplayed because he had Berger for a teammate?

Bias, you say?

As if you don't get excited during races. I shit post during a race as much as I want. That's the entire point of posting during a live event, but shit posting when people are actually trying to have a debate is just poor.

I like Rosberg for the most part, and I think he's a good driver. However, he's all speed and no fight. He's never shown an ability to be a consistently ruthless racer. He stands out for his failures at attempting to overtake ruthlessly, more so than any he's actually pulled off. Hamilton has had an answer for everything Rosberg has ever tried to throw at him, beating him every year that they've been in the same team. The only thing that's ever allowed Rosberg any kind of advantage has been Hamilton's poor reliability and that strange spell after he won the WDC last year.

Rosberg isn't shit. Hamilton isn't shit. But for Rosberg to win the title without fighting for it, because his only rival has suffered mechanical DNF's one after the other, would be a real shame. Ultimately, history doesn't care, but we're arguing on an internet forum which means it's important.

Fox Mulder

According to Bild Hulk is very close to joining Renault:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-fahrermarkt-fuer-2017-10877371.html

If it happens second Force India seat would go to Wehrlein or Ocon, while second seat at Renault may be taken by Vergne (which I personally think is a long shot), Gasly.or Ocon.

Good move for hulk. Force India is doing well, but will have a ceiling. Renault is a works team that already has a good engine in the redbulls. They could jump to the front end of the grid if they get the chassis.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Oh.

5 place grid penalty for Raikkonen for new gearbox.

35 place grid penalty for Button because Honda.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Robin Frijns crashed. Another red flag. Those barriers look properly damaged. This is unfortunately going to run over F1's start time. I'll have to switch channels :|

CuTLs3WWAAAmPw8.jpg:large

video: https://grabyo.com/g/v/M80cxhhZm8n

Upinsmoke

Lewis has lost it. No surprise because he let other shit get to him. He was the only one pacing around looking at the wet line. There was many other cards who had to start on the same line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom