• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we think Ferrari has a chance here?

As said above, engine plus they were quite competitive last race if it wasn't for stupid Vettel Kimi might have had a fair chance at challenging Rosberg

image.php

lol

It must painful to be a Kimi fan ;)

ah well..

So Ferrari has an engine update?
Doesn't that mean, that both will be using their 3rd engine in the 4th race?
Or is it just a software update?

Zaru

So Ferrari has an engine update?
Doesn't that mean, that both will be using their 3rd engine in the 4th race?
Or is it just a software update?

Note that they can reuse engines. They will (probably) be using his current engine in tracks where engine power is not as important, like Monaco.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Note that they can reuse engines. They will (probably) be using his current engine in tracks where engine power is not as important, like Monaco.
Ferrari will be bringing part of their Barcelona update to Sochi. Mercedes is bringing new stuff too.
I doubt it that they will use it outside FPs, because it is a huge risk to use an engine, that is not working properly.

Mastah

Why do we think Ferrari has a chance here?

Because they already threw away 3 chances to win and it can't be like that forever.

Looking at panic reactions by Mercedes last 2 seasons whenever they were under pressure from rivals I expected even bigger mess if Ferrari is more competetive in 2016. Lo and behold it's actually Mercedes who get it right (at least with one car), while Reds look like clowns. Huge driver mistakes, strategy error and reliability problems. Hopefully this weekend we'll get straightforward race and see where they really stand.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm sure Ferrari will win a couple of races. Not seeing Mercedes being challenged for the constructor's championship though...

I just hope Ferrari can finally use their engine properly. Their performance seems quite good overall, and they may have a shot at Merc if things work out pretty good (same for RBR too).

Man, I remember one company I worked for wouldn't fly more than one area or above level manager on a plane just in case of crashes...

...and I can't help thinking putting that many stars on the one plane is just asking for a disaster.

f0rk

Man, I remember one company I worked for wouldn't fly more than one area or above level manager on a plane just in case of crashes...

...and I can't help thinking putting that many stars on the one plane is just asking for a disaster.

Well there aren't any team mates are there?

Love it. I assume the lights on the bulkhead indicate it's secure, yeah?

You do have to wonder what it'll do to the airflow into the airbox however.

DD

Still looks weird, but much better than that thing Ferrari and Mercedes have made. =B

ChIjbtPWIAIkR7f.jpg

Yeah Di Resta.

Recognize most of them:

Front (L->R): Felipe's Dad, Some Dude, Hulk
Middle: Firstberg, Dan, JEV, Wurz, Di Resta
Back: Felipe, Someone I should remember the name of, DC, other guy.
Gutierrez. =B

muteki

I feel like I could potentially like something like this if it was on a car designed with it in mind.

Hard to say one way or the other when it is bolted on to a car that isn't.

In general though, I prefer the idea of a windshield to the alternatives.

dubc35

Might add some unpredictable hilarity to pit stops.

If it tears off from the top the driver could pull it off after the stop but while still in the pit lane, similar to when they tear off the layers from their helmet visor. In fact I guess they could possibly get rid of the helmet visor layers if the windshield blocks it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom