• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl1992

If it tears off from the top the driver could pull it off after the stop but while still in the pit lane, similar to when they tear off the layers from their helmet visor. In fact I guess they could possibly get rid of the helmet visor layers if the windshield blocks it all.

They already have. Helmet tear-offs are banned for this year.

NOKYARD

Squeegee dude in the pit

They would have to hire highly experienced professionals for a few races until they could properly train engineers to operate a squeegee.

CLN6s1TXAAAne5p.png

Shaneus

It's probably been covered already, but is there a chance this could provide some (any) kind of aero advantage?

And is it glass, or perspex?

Aiii

So not worth it
At least this doesn't look like shit, it's amazing they're even still considering the halo after seeing this.

Mastah

Yep and it's not like they were on different tyre strategy or anything like that. Also it was Palmer who spun and made several off track excursions. It's FP1, but still, 8 tenths behind someone who sat in the car for the first time today :/

Also, Celis. Is there anyone worse than Haryanto? Yes, there is, lol.

I think it looks like a joke. From close up it looks the driver is sitting in a bin, and from a distance it looks like the driver's helmet visor has been enlarged and morphed into the car, i.e. one step away from becoming a (Pixar) Cars character.

Makes me think of Minidrivers!

Obviously this is an interim solution, but it must play havoc with the air intake in the roll hoop. Probably why they only ran one lap.

Aiii

So not worth it
The more I get used to the look of it, and considering you can further streamline the design of the car around it, the more I like it.

Safety ain't no joke, and this seems a pretty good solution. Hell, it even seems sturdy enough that it might have saved Bianchi.

Jibbed

You guys realise it looks weird because it's been bolted on to a car that isn't designed to incorporate it properly?

It won't nearly be as wide and garish as a final design.

Or you know, we can just wait until someone gets hit in the face with a 2kg spring again and blacks out at 150mph.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
You guys realise it looks weird because it's been bolted on to a car that isn't designed to incorporate it properly?

It won't nearly be as wide and garish as a final design.

Yeah. I think it already looks decent. If they are allowed to customize it and use it for aerodynamics it will very likely look better.

psylah

Let's face it, F1 design (aesthetically) has been on a long roll downhill since 1995, so halos and windscreens can do little harm in terms of looks.

I think the windscreen is an improvement, next year it should mesh really well.

Let's face it, F1 design (aesthetically) has been on a long roll downhill since 1995, so halos and windscreens can do little harm in terms of looks.

I think the windscreen is an improvement, next year it should mesh really well.

I very much prefer the 2000-2004 cars over the older ones. The F2002 is still one of the best looking F1 cars, imo.

Just a matter of taste.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rumors by the normally pretty decently informed paper Telegraaf this morning indicate that upper management at Red Bull have already decided on Verstappen's promotion to Red Bull for next year, announcement will allegedly be at Spa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom