• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

64bitbros

So...where is the result of the Vettel - Ricciardo investigation? He changed line's while breaking. Which is not allowed.

NewDust

5 seconds? FIVE FUCKING SECONDS? Max deserves to be disqualified, expelled from the category, lose his motherfucking driving license so he can ride a bus or a fucking Uber forever, he should be arrested, taken home to get his fucking ass kicked and should be forced to be a Cubs fan forever. I've watched F1 for over 20 years and I've seen a lot of shit, Schumacher was my idol growing up for fuck's sake, but what Max pulled was possibly the biggest bullshit ever.

Hello, easy...

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Max proving once again that he's just an immature little wank.

Eh, not especially. It was a little opportunistic in that defence, and he didn't get told to give the place to Vettel, so why would he?

Snoodaard

Neo Member
The Verstappen hate in this thread has become so insane that posts that resemble troll posts in every way are in most cases actually the genuine thoughts of some deranged manchild.

He gained a couple seconds, but I think he was actually starting to go slower just before the safety car started. No advantage, plain and simple. Cars going wide happens all the time and there is never a penalty for that, unless there is another car involved.

if there was a sandtrap or anything rather than a convenient run-off he would be in trouble, he locked his brakes and Nico and Max would have been on his tail.

thenexus6

5 seconds? FIVE FUCKING SECONDS? Max deserves to be disqualified, expelled from the category, lose his motherfucking driving license so he can ride a bus or a fucking Uber forever, he should be arrested, taken home to get his fucking ass kicked and should be forced to be a Cubs fan forever. I've watched F1 for over 20 years and I've seen a lot of shit, Schumacher was my idol growing up for fuck's sake, but what Max pulled was possibly the biggest bullshit ever.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Formula One culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it....

John_B

Verstappen brings the drama every other race. Let's have a proper Red Bull and Merc championship fight next season, it would be crazy.

Verstappen had plenty of opportunity to rejoin before the corner but decided to cut it. With Hamilton it didn't quite look like that.

Rosberg is an expert in coming second to Hamilton, he can't possibly throw it away.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Radio Whine is today in RBR's garage

Marko: "If they penalize Max, they also have to penalize Lewis, who did the same in lap 1. Vettel also changed lanes under braking." #AMuS

RIC: "I felt that Seb did what everyone's been complaining about lately, under-breaking. He doesn't deserve to be on the podium #f1com

Well, RIC, if you had balls, you would push VET out. But looks like he is turning out to be second coming of Webber.

Hasney

Radio Whine is today in RBR's garage

Marko: "If they penalize Max, they also have to penalize Lewis, who did the same in lap 1. Vettel also changed lanes under braking." #AMuS

RIC: "I felt that Seb did what everyone's been complaining about lately, under-breaking. He doesn't deserve to be on the podium #f1com

Must have spread from the Ferrari garage.

ramparter

Banned
So...where is the result of the Vettel - Ricciardo investigation? He changed line's while breaking. Which is not allowed.
Fia penalising Ves created an alternative timeline where this never happened and unfortunately you are stuck on the wrong side. Nothing can be done.

hadareud

The Translator

Did you mean to post this with your Stevie Wonder account?

Zeknurn

Brundle and Di Resta on point. The onboard shows that Verstappen could have turned back onto the track but decided to cheat. The penalty is correct.

NewDust

What's your point? There is no sandtrap.

Edit: I can't believe I'm the one defending Lewis lol.

Perhaps that was the point? If we hadn't have these extreme runoffs, they wouldn't have to resort to arbitrary penalties. Literally let drivers get punished by their own mistakes.

What's your point? There is no sandtrap.

Edit: I can't believe I'm the one defending Lewis lol.

There wasn't which is why he gained an advantage, he locked up and missed the corner completely yet he exited the corner well ahead of the cars who were behind him directly, how is that not an advantage?

Imagine he'd done that in the first corner at Monza, he would have had to drive around bumps and would come out behind the first two atleast.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah Vettel is losing third to RIC and even fourth to Max. Should get a 10s penalty for that move on RIC.

JDB

Banned
VET getting a penalty for a move VES has done all season and getting dropped to #5 would be the funniest shit ever.

Upinsmoke

You can only get punished for moving under breaking if you do it more than 200 times. Hence why Verstappen had only just startered being warned about it. Think Vettel will be fine based off that.

Hasney

Wonder if they'll take into account the fact that Max should have given his place back and therefore shouldn't have been in that battle or not.

Jezbollah

Not as big as the bullshit your man Schumacher was involved in at the 2002 USGP.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Someone tell me Olav's take is on this all.

He has to wear a shirt with verstappen.nl on it. I would take everything he says regarding Max with a few grains of salt.

b_1600_0_0_10_images_2016_F1_05_Olav_Mol_Jack_Plooij.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
You can only get punished for moving under breaking if you do it more than 200 times. Hence why Verstappen had only just startered being warned about it. Think Vettel will be fine based off that.
Vettel helped turn it into a hard rule last race, maybe should not have done that.

Top Bottom